Dynadot

Afternic DNS/TXT Record Verification implemented next week - Why doesn't Godaddy, Afternic, James Iles want to work with us and keep us apprised?

NameSilo
Watch

M999

Established Member
Impact
@James Iles

Why is it that GD/Afternic doesn't communicate completed/or soon to be introduced GD/Afternic website changes with their customers?

Why do we always have to find out updates/changes through an alternate source? Like finding out about the "Lead Center" from a Namepros member last week. I have yet to receive an email/other contact from Afternic, letting me know of this HUGE update.

Or, Godaddy appraised values disappearing from the legacy search portal, but available through the BETA interface? The values are there and in the proper order - they just don't visually populate in the list view (you can see each individual appraised value by entering individual domain in a Godaddy domain search).

How about, "Hey Namepros members, Afternic has an exciting update being implemented in the coming week - TXT records verification!", or, "Afternic just added "lead center" to their Afternic interface!"

Godaddy/Afternic has never been one to communicate well with their customers. Everything is ALWAYS implemented in stealth - and we all suffer.

The CULTURE at Godaddy/Afternic is horrible. Change the Culture and put your customers first - keep them in the loop!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@James Iles

Why is it that GD/Afternic doesn't communicate completed/or soon to be introduced GD/Afternic website changes with their customers?
Clearly, this has room for improvement. BUT if the news is true, this is great news!
How about, "Hey Namepros members, Afternic has an exciting update being implemented in the coming week - TXT records verification!", or, "Afternic just added "lead center" to their Afternic interface!"
I truly hope you are right. Providing a higher standard for their listings will help improve trust with potential buyers. And, for sellers, their legitimate listings will have a greater opportunity to be seen and sold.

Hopefully, they will remove all the unregistered domains currently on their platform as well. This may really help streamline their offerings, as well as show their integrity as a marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
They delayed long enough for the TXT record verification .

•••
I would expect people would just be happy that they are FINALLY implementing it.

They said they would post to the Afternic thread when any changes are live. Why do they have to tell you before its live? There may be delays and bugs and the time frame changes.

•••
Why do they have to tell you before its live? There may be delays and bugs and the time frame changes.
Actually, it could be a clever way of also creating a rush for folks to list with them now, before the verifcation is mandated!

Your point is an important one. There may be some tweaks that will be needed to help make the verifcation system smooth. Hopefully, they have prepared their customer support to be able to handle those issues promptly.

•••
•••
@James Iles

Domaining (as you know) is an extremely fast paced business.

I wonder, as a liaison between Godaddy and domainers, why the delay in a response?

•••
Hey @M999 I took a few days off over Easter to be with my daughter. I'm happy to address your post.

Lead center was announced widely. @GoDaddy published a post on the official Afternic NamePros thread, there was an Afternic Twitter thread, I wrote a blog post at GoDaddy.com, and it was sponsored via Domaining.com, too. DomainNameWire also wrote about it and published a podcast about it.

We don't tend to announce things in advance since release dates can change, but I appreciate your feedback. We can look at wider means of announcing product updates.

Last edited:
•••
Hey @M999 I took a few days off over Easter to be with my daughter. I'm happy to address your post.

Lead center was announced widely. @GoDaddy published a post on the official Afternic NamePros thread, there was an Afternic Twitter thread, I wrote a blog post at GoDaddy.com, and it was sponsored via Domaining.com, too. DomainNameWire also wrote about it and published a podcast about it.

We don't tend to announce things in advance since release dates can change, but I appreciate your feedback. We can look at wider means of announcing product updates.
So I believe I misunderstood the opening poster's comment about the verification being implemented.

So there is no immediate announcement for verification text being added at this point? Or some other type of verification?

•••
How about, "Hey Namepros members, Afternic has an exciting update being implemented in the coming week - TXT records verification!",
So the title of this thread is not actually indicating that such a verification is happening this week?

•••
So I believe I misunderstood the opening poster's comment about the verification being implemented.

So there is no immediate announcement for verification text being added at this point? Or some other type of verification?

Ownership verification is coming, but there's no announcement date. This is definitely one of the most requested features, and the team is working hard on it.

•••
Hey @M999
Why not send an email message to all customers?

•••
Why not send an email message to all customers?

We're already doing better in terms of sharing product update details - and there are plans to come around improving communications further. I'd love to share communications via email and it's something I'll look into.

•••
•••
•••
😄. There are some logistical aspects I need to explore!
So please clarify the statement that

"Afternic DNS/TXT Record Verification implemented next week"​

Is not correct? Due to logistical matters?
Granted, it is important that it is implemented correctly, so taking time to do it correctly makes sense. But, there is clearly an IMMEDIATE need for this.

•••
So please clarify the statement that

"Afternic DNS/TXT Record Verification implemented next week"​

Is not correct? Due to logistical matters?
Granted, it is important that it is implemented correctly, so taking time to do it correctly makes sense. But, there is clearly an IMMEDIATE need for this.

No. The title of this page - created April 9th by a community member - was incorrect... And I was discussing the logistics of email marketing!

Ownership verification is being actively worked on right now and I'll give further updates when I can.

•••
Ownership verification is being actively worked on right now and I'll give further updates when I can.
any reasons for GoDaddy not to ask dan to extend their "domain conflicts" verification system to all domains as soon as somebody enters the domain to DAN system? it should be fast and easy to implement. the code is ready. If GD really wants to solve the problem, this can be done NOW, at least in DAN part

•••
No. The title of this page - created April 9th by a community member - was incorrect... And I was discussing the logistics of email marketing!

Thank you for finally clarifying that, although that truly is sad news to me.

Each and every false listing, especially for ones that are unregistered, is a very unfortunate opportunity to permanently lose business from a potential buyer.

I still shake my head with incredulity, when I think of all the listings I saw with unregistered names. Why allow sellers to be charging so much for domains available for regular registrar registration elsewhere? Why let your otherwise very effective marketplace be tainted by such foolishness?

Why not fix this now, to improve the ability of real sellers, such as the Namepros members here, to have their real, actually registered domains sold?

So hopefully the matter will be corrected very, very soon.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back