Dynadot

advice City domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sara Huffman

Established Member
Impact
Hi,
I am new to the game of domains, but have been slowly learning and researching for a while. This forum popped up in an article as a good resource and I have perused my way through a number of discussions. I have a large domain list, mainly .coms of cities with keywords such as "cars for sale" and a number of lawyer sites with a city name and "divorce lawyer", "traffic attorney", "corporate attorney", etc...my question is are these bulk sites better to sell separately to an end user or mass auction? Several of the car sites are developed to some degree as well. Thank you for any incite.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NamePros Sara!

Selling bulk has positives and negatives. Selling individually takes longer but you can usually get more that way.

Maybe try a small batch and see how they do.

Best of luck!

•••
Thank you very much :) That's basically what I've come to realize researching, its just a matter of how much time you want to put into the sale

•••
With domains with names of cities, selling in bulk probably won't get you much. Your best shot at making a profit is to find end users in those cities who would want to buy the particular site for their city.

Good luck!

•••
Hi Sara and welcome to NamePros!

I would agree with others that ideally you are likely to get a better price on them if you sell them individually, since no end user would want more than one supposedly.

It is work, but given that the potential audience is quite specific (a city and a type of law, for example) probably direct queries are your best option. Most of these will yield no response, but you only need one purchaser for any one domain name. I would think a law firm that advertises heavily in that city or a law firm just starting out would be your best choices.

If you are in a position that some are up for renewal and you want to lower your number of domain names, then it might be wise to try a grouping of them, here or elsewhere, as a way to get at least some money for them.

Good luck, and it is good to have you as part of this community!

Bob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back