IT.COM

news Chinese Pump and Dump, Zhuang Jia

Spaceship
Watch
Interesting article I found on domain name wire. A good read with good insight into the culture of trading in China.
An article just published by Bloomberg gives us an x-ray glimpse into a Chinese investment culture reliant on pump-and-dump schemes. The parallels with domain market activity during 2015 are so obvious that even this sentence feels a bit redundant.

A Shanghai accountant sums it all up:

" If you want to make a quick buck from the stock market, you’d better look for stocks with manipulators … You just need to pull out faster than them.

http://domainnamewire.com/2015/12/31/zhuang-jia-chinese-pump-and-dump/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cool article mate, thanks for sharing. It does actually make sense that these manipulators would be trying to do a pump and dump smack down on domains...

•••
Great article, thank you for the link. A definite MUST READ for all domainers.

•••
This is nothing new. They have been doing this for a long long time from real estate to many other products.
So be careful with CHIPS as you don't want to be a bag holder.

•••
•••
I would say dont invest in obscure chips like .top, .xyz, .gy, and some other "wild" extensions.
LLL.com will always be valuable, but LLL.gy might be worth zero tomorrow, or after some time.

I believe in full letters and full numbers .com chips, but up to 5L and maybe 8N with great pattern.

•••
I play the stock market and see this all the time, it is also the same thing that happened with bitcoin and still happens with bitcoin.

•••
Pump and dump is not the same as pump and hold. Almost any market could have characteristics of pump and dump or pump and hold schemes. I don't believe that diamond price is justified, but regulation of the quantity which is for sale holds the price high.

•••
Attention LLLL.COMs Investors, DO NOT sell domains with vowels less value than prior 2015. Pump and Dump scheme make us think that domains have vowels (llll.coms) are less demand / value. So be alerted! Manipulators are secretly buyout those domains.

•••
Attention LLLL.COMs Investors, DO NOT sell domains with vowels less value than prior 2015. Pump and Dump scheme make us think that domains have vowels (llll.coms) are less demand / value. So be alerted! Manipulators are secretly buyout those domains.

there are manipulators who will want you to believe what you just said also.

as you see there is no end to any of it.. anything is a speculation . and we'll only know when we get there. in meantime, take comfort in knowing that everything anyone says about anything is nothing more than an opinion, so create one of your own, to best of your ability and ressource.

•••
for me thats complete BS

1) domains are no stocks
2) every domain is different
3) there are no real time charts
- the existing charts are not reliable because the timeline is not correct
- I bought 4l.com and the transfer was completed only after weeks and only then reported
- this spoils any statistics
4) you can't dump them, as you need a buyer first
-if you sell to cheap, you only hurt yourself
-if you pay to much, you only hurt yourself

5) short .com domains will always be valuable as long as the domain system exists

•••
Good read and always insightful to see things from other angles but anyone who thinks the Chinese are in this for a pump and dump, does not understand what is going on.

If all chips were selling equally I could see how on one could draw that conclusion, however some chips in various extensions are going for over 10X more than randoms depending on translations, etc. Theres no way they'll ever make their money back because westerners rarely pay over the floor price for randoms. Is manipulating occurring with certain extensions and niches? YES! But 5L.com and lower is safe. Same for 6N.com and lower. All safe investments. 5L will be unstable and unpredictable for a while but will eventually be liquid. Heck I saw a Chinese buyer spend $199 on a .biz 4L chip last week.... You wouldn't catch an NP'er paying $30 for the same chip... No way its a pump and dump.

Lastly, every time I see comparisons involving bitcoin it makes me cringe a bit because its apples and oranges. If people take time to understand to their culture, research the buyouts, read their forums and stop listening to all these so called experts and come to their own conclusion.... They'd realize the Chinese are in this for long haul.

I can find something to support any angle or argument online. Any Joe Blow can write a blog post. Stop listening the propaganda and follow the money!

•••
I would say dont invest in obscure chips like .top, .xyz, .gy, and some other "wild" extensions.
LLL.com will always be valuable, but LLL.gy might be worth zero tomorrow, or after some time.

I believe in full letters and full numbers .com chips, but up to 5L and maybe 8N with great pattern.

I dont' think .Top domains are risky ... Compared to .XYZ or any other weird extension ! Of course, .com's domains are still mastering the market ... But what about .Co, .CC, ...

What do you of this crazy sale: Beijing.CC ... ? I'm still wondering why they spent so much money on a simple .CC

•••
Domain name business is a funny one and no one knows the future and everything is just speculation.

Just proceed with caution.

•••
I dont' think .Top domains are risky ... Compared to .XYZ or any other weird extension ! Of course, .com's domains are still mastering the market ... But what about .Co, .CC, ...

What do you of this crazy sale: Beijing.CC ... ? I'm still wondering why they spent so much money on a simple .CC

.CC is a popular extension in China.

•••
do not invest in CHIPS

So you're saying do not invest in domains like BCNM.COM, LLNC.COM, RTMG, and whatnot. Not exactly a solid advice IMO.

•••
So you're saying do not invest in domains like BCNM.COM, LLNC.COM, RTMG, and whatnot. Not exactly a solid advice IMO.
You will understand later..

•••
Last edited:
•••
You will understand later..

Posts like this are worthless and add nothing to the discussion.

Please feel free to give us all your reasoning for such statements, of course if you don't want to enlighten us all,then why post stuff like this at all?.

There are a lot of people on here who like to read various opinions and make their own decision at the end of it,post like this are as bad as those hyping too.

•••
Of course, does anyone think that 455333.com will ever be developed into a real website? But we all know this. The question is how much longer and how far will the pumping go?

•••
•••
for me thats complete BS

1) domains are no stocks
2) every domain is different
3) there are no real time charts
- the existing charts are not reliable because the timeline is not correct
- I bought 4l.com and the transfer was completed only after weeks and only then reported
- this spoils any statistics
4) you can't dump them, as you need a buyer first
-if you sell to cheap, you only hurt yourself
-if you pay to much, you only hurt yourself

5) short .com domains will always be valuable as long as the domain system exists

Great minds think alike. Stocks market fall = Domain market rise. The greater stock market falls, the stronger the domain market rises. CHIPS = King. Period. Tekz999's Believe It Or Not.

•••
Good read and always insightful to see things from other angles but anyone who thinks the Chinese are in this for a pump and dump, does not understand what is going on.

If all chips were selling equally I could see how on one could draw that conclusion, however some chips in various extensions are going for over 10X more than randoms depending on translations, etc. Theres no way they'll ever make their money back because westerners rarely pay over the floor price for randoms. Is manipulating occurring with certain extensions and niches? YES! But 5L.com and lower is safe. Same for 6N.com and lower. All safe investments. 5L will be unstable and unpredictable for a while but will eventually be liquid. Heck I saw a Chinese buyer spend $199 on a .biz 4L chip last week.... You wouldn't catch an NP'er paying $30 for the same chip... No way its a pump and dump.

Lastly, every time I see comparisons involving bitcoin it makes me cringe a bit because its apples and oranges. If people take time to understand to their culture, research the buyouts, read their forums and stop listening to all these so called experts and come to their own conclusion.... They'd realize the Chinese are in this for long haul.

I can find something to support any angle or argument online. Any Joe Blow can write a blog post. Stop listening the propaganda and follow the money!

I'd like to repeat,
If people take time to understand to their culture, research the buyouts, read their forums and stop listening to all these so called experts and come to their own conclusion.... They'd realize the Chinese are in this for long haul.

•••
I'd like to repeat,
If people take time to understand to their culture, research the buyouts, read their forums and stop listening to all these so called experts and come to their own conclusion.... They'd realize the Chinese are in this for long haul.

Sure they are. Just ask all the Tibetan mastiffs in china that were once worth hundreds of thousands only to be abandoned once the fad ended.

Ooops. You can't ask them - they've been sent to the slaughterhouse.

•••
Sure they are. Just ask all the Tibetan mastiffs in china that were once worth hundreds of thousands only to be abandoned once the fad ended.

Ooops. You can't ask them - they've been sent to the slaughterhouse.
and where I can find all those abandoned domains? I am interested in buying them all

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back