Dynadot

Chinese IDN domains - New opportunities ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gdndd

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Avoid .cn
Most Chinese are interested in .com
As far as IDN go, you can research the .com market, as well as the IDN-TLDs out there, there are a few, some operated by the government (similar risk profile as .cn in my opinion).

Really try to dedicated as much energy at finding which TLDs will be winners as you are mining for 2nd level domains.

Personally I stick to .com because I know I'm a developer and I always want to have the option of developing if I cannot otherwise monetize or sell, namely I like that :
(i) my renewal fees will be low
(ii) my renewal fees will be stable
(iii) the registration requirements won't change i.e. as a foreigner I will not lose the domain
(iv) the domain will rank well, the TLD will not be thought of as junk by Google in the future or anything
(v) the Chinese know and like .com, thus they will recognize and click on the domain

•••
Also if you are not Chinese, the language can be very tricky. It's easy to hand register garbage domains. Always triple check with different sources and ask a native speaker for help if you can.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back