Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rubber Duck

Account Closed
Impact
OK! Lets debate this issue.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=2177679&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

ABC quoting Bill Gates:

<<<The new Vista operating system will have speech and visual recognition tools and be backed by strong security measures, he said. It would move away from reliance on easy-to-crack passwords to greater reliance on visual identification and software shields on Internet attacks.

He said the new Office would include the biggest set of innovations in more than a decade, citing its ability to work on documents simultaneously over the Internet.

The biggest market for these products soon will be China, Gates said. He said China was already the world's No. 1 mobile phone market and he expected it to be the world's top PC, broadband and software market within a few years.

"Everybody needs to be in China," he said. "Even if only 20 percent of the population is IT-active," he said, this is a huge number given the country's 1.3 billion population.>>>

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most of the talk about IDNs is from people who are forced to use English, because it is our common language.

Of course, a few aggressive guys who's native language is English have tried to get in on the market. As you would expect them. In the long run, however, most these guys will sell out. Few of them have the desire or savvy to deal with people from other cultures and create lasting value on the domain properties they hold.

•••
VV said:
That's a very strange comment, because if a person has trouble putting together simple facts, I would think it would be ALL THE MORE REASON for them to be in school.

Anyhoo.... let's put aside your failed attempt at an insult.

The first line of this thread says "Lets debate this issue." Then it gives some quotes from Bill Gates about China. So I simply asked what exactly are we debating. Because I've never seen anybody deny that China has over a billion people. And I've never seen anybody deny that Microsoft markets some products there.

There was no mention of domains, whether ascii or idn.

So... again I ask, what are we debating, exactly?

I agree wit hthis guy the title was confusing it reads like china isnt a good investment

•••
•••
ekal said:
Doesn't this whole long thread basically boil down to the question here:
http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/242493-economic-growth-rising-domain-values.html

Does economic growth = rising domain values?

The answer is probably unclear. The Asian ccTLD and IDN markets are still too new to make a clear decision one way or the other.

For the case of China, yes. For Japan, less likely.

It might be surprising to many English speakers, but there isn't much difference between the chinese mindset and the anglo mindset when it comes to commerce, although the former is still relatively undeveloped as compared to the latter.

Last edited:
•••
hi

hi mate, sent you a pm
thanks
lou

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back