IT.COM

question .China (idn) but keyword Bitcoin. Value?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
So year or so back I regged Bitcoin in the new extension .China (idn) in which case China is in Chinese characters.

And Bitcoin is in Western alphabets.

Seeing as how bitcoin.com sold for million bucks a little while ago....does this have value?

I'm realizing now this combo.

Keyword(western.).China (idn)

Is "ugly". But thoughts ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I know .中国 exists but never visited any website with that extension.
I actually don't know any .中国 site.
And yes, I'm from 中国.

•••
I know .中国 exists but never visited any website with that extension.
I actually don't know any .中国 site.
And yes, I'm from 中国.

much appreciated. only reason I ask is because I see some .中国 domains on 4.cn

some have pricing like 1,000,000 CNY and you see it has many bids. but I suspect those bids are lowball overs?

I wonder if an auction were started these domains would sell for top dollar?

what about .ChineseWebsite and .ChineseOnline extensions? both in Chinese characters?

I remember seeing a DomainSherpa interview about such domains selling for big money.

but when I asked 4.cn about such extensions they said no much sales of them.

are they just lying so I can drop my domains that might be valuable? or telling the truth?

I will say this. I had some "not so great" domains with all these chinese character extensions mentioned above and most if you check them look like they were taken back by the registry. is this any indicator of value?

•••
•••
I'm starting to think bad move I made. Just checking 4.cn for all extensions mentioned here

All the extensions non existent except for the .China (idn) one.

Damn you @allegravita ?! Your stupid interview on domainsherpa

I could stay and keep bleeding cash in the hopes of recouping losses by selling to break even.

Gotta make strategic move. It's still in my expired account. Got couple days left to renew.

If you are Chinese and want to "take them off my hands"

Pm me.

Tell a Chinese friend! Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back