Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : Logo Design Company Name: "Lamurindo"

Prize : $50

Contest End Date & Time : 4/20/2015

Size Requirements : High res or illustrator file

Color Requirements : Bright navy blue as main theme.

General Requirements :

As the company is in the chemical industry, we would like something professional but modern.

Our management has decided that logo should not be too different from our current logo.

Attached is our current logo. Maybe it will help if we comment on our current logo.
1. Font is sleek but needs to be bolder (strength). Given the current limited preset Microsoft font, this may need custom drawing of the letters.
2. The logo [LD] is strong but we want to project more personality. We wish if the LD could be some strong object. The object (s) must still resemble L and D.

Attachments

• Ld card center.jpg
    Ld card center.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For the “Logo”, it can be of any design, meaning it can be abstract, an object, or made up of letters “L” and “D”, or any combination of them.
What stands for D in the name?

•••

Last edited:
•••
@NameFu Please remove the white outline for the logo. Also, please propose a different design. We would like something that is strong and professional.

@Jeffrey This logo is too similar to Univar's which is our partner. The logo looks neat but it needs to look stronger.

•••
•••
@Jeffrey Please propose different design. Management did not approve the box concept. Please change font to a simpler and bolder font. Cheers

It is not a must to use LD to make the logo. You can use just "L" or not any letter at all. You can even make the word "Lamurindo" as a logo such as Linde, P&G, BASF, Fedex.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I added some custom styling to the font. Please let me know if you'd like to see this with a non stylized font.
Lamurino7b.jpg

•••
•••
Feedback appreciated. Thanks!
Lamurino11.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Hi! Here is my entry.
28851_224679d21f51c66aa8ac8fb6934815d9.png

Attachments

• Lamurindo-post.png
    Lamurindo-post.png
    201.6 KB · Views: 14
•••
@NameFu Stylized fonts are better. The logos are too simple. Also, use a brighter blue, example R11 G49 B112.
The design with the hexagon gives a feel of an animation company as it is a little too playful.

@bashariqbal I like how you play with the font, however it is too simple. Have a look at Mi-Swaco logo. As they are also our business partner, please do not copy their design.

We would like to convey strength, discipline, and clarity. So maybe bold fonts and you can experiment with other colours (orange, yellow, or green etc) but main colour must be blue.

Attachments

• miswaco.gif
    miswaco.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 15
•••
More examples attached. I like Talisman Energy font and Marathon oil overall look.

Attachments

• oil & gas companies.pdf
    377.7 KB · Views: 64
•••
- deleted -
Spelling correction below...

Last edited:
•••
My apologies! It's been a long day.

L13.E.jpg

•••
Hello,

Here is my submission.

LD-logo-o.jpg

Regards

daraptor

•••
@NameFu The logo is too colorful. See below for more guidance
@daraptor I like how you keep it simple. Keep stylized font to only one or two letters. See below for more guidance

Our management has decided that logo should not be too different from our current logo.

Attached is our current logo. Maybe it will help if we comment on our current logo.
1. Font is sleek but needs to be bolder (strength). Given the current limited preset Microsoft font, this may need custom drawing of the letters.
2. The logo [LD] is strong but we want to project more personality. We wish if the LD could be some strong object. The object (s) must still resemble L and D. Look at Unilever logo as a guide, however we think it is too complicated. Please maintain blue background and white letters / objects.

Attachments

• Ld card center.jpg
    Ld card center.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Unilever.jpg
    Unilever.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:
•••
Based on your last guide-post here is my idea...
28892_051796a17df1f87afd8d60f2f1ecf106.png

Attachments

• Lamurindo-post2-01.png
    Lamurindo-post2-01.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 26
•••

Last edited:
•••
L15cc.jpg

Last edited:
•••
@daraptor I like how you keep it simple. Keep stylized font to only one or two letters. See below for more guidance

Thanks for the feedback, will get back to you with some new concept.

Regards

Daraptor

•••
L15simplec.jpg

Last edited:
•••
In this one I made the "D" a little more D-ish, and slightly adjusted the styling in the letter "i". Let me know if you'd like to see this without styling of the letter "O". Thanks

L15c.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back