Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : Logo Design Company Name: "Lamurindo"

Prize : $50

Contest End Date & Time : 4/20/2015

Size Requirements : High res or illustrator file

Color Requirements : Bright navy blue as main theme.

General Requirements :

As the company is in the chemical industry, we would like something professional but modern.

Our management has decided that logo should not be too different from our current logo.

Attached is our current logo. Maybe it will help if we comment on our current logo.
1. Font is sleek but needs to be bolder (strength). Given the current limited preset Microsoft font, this may need custom drawing of the letters.
2. The logo [LD] is strong but we want to project more personality. We wish if the LD could be some strong object. The object (s) must still resemble L and D.

Attachments

• Ld card center.jpg
    Ld card center.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@bashariqbal , actually some of our customers refer to us as LD. However, you are free to use any letters to make an object. Please look at Univar in the attached. They have used U and V to make the hexagon. Also Linde group which uses the L as the elegant logo.

However, I also like AkzoNobel classy logo and simple Brenntag logos. I really cannot decide which is best as they are all great. I hope that designers can create what they are best at and I will give comment specific to their designs to make it best. Thanks!

@Jeffrey Can you propose different designs? I have attached some logos where you can draw some inspiration.

Attachments

• chemical company logos.pdf
    221.4 KB · Views: 22
•••
As I am still travelling and do not have the luxury of time to discuss with our management, this will take some time. It is a pity the contest has been ended as we are starting to have designs which align better with what we are looking for (especially @sheryonline and @cron) and a new and very nice one from @frikusha, which we did not have a chance to provide feedback.

As it stands, all have equal chance of winning but whoever we finally select as a winner must be willing to do minor edits to the design. Cheers guys.

•••
Jeffrey, try to use the letters LD to make an object. Standalone logo should not include the word "Stainless Steel". However, we hope the logo will look great when we pair with our products. For example, (Logo) Stainless Steel, (Logo) Chemical, (Logo) Turbine.

NameFu, good question! Our clients are manufacturers that purchase chemicals as raw materials. Mainly oil & gas companies. Some similar companies like us would be Univar, Brenntag, Koda Distribution. As every company is different, I hope to have different perspectives before setting a direction of the design.

•••
•••
•••
Oops! Thanks Bashariqbal! And just like I said...I get a little carried away sometimes lol....

•••
Here is mine - Enhanced your current logo into a square shaped chemical representation :

Lamurindaa.jpg

Thanks
Shery

•••
@daraptor Logo do not have to suit the heights of the words because it makes the logo looks short. LD logo must stand upright

@sheryonline Hi Shery, really liking you design. I like how you keep the core simple logo and add to it.

For the logo, could you try to extend the L to match height and width of D. Also square the bottom right corner of the D. I have modified our logo to give you example.

Attachments

• ld-alt.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 11
•••
@sheryonline yeah the logo is more balanced now. Any other design other than the chemical box? I've received feedback that it looks like perfume bottle.

•••
@cron Hi Cron, we are thinking of making it horizontal, logo on the left, company name on the right. Since the company name will not be tall enough, some decorations might be added to make it taller overall. See Mi-Swaco logo I attached previously.

@daraptor Sorry, the thread had reached third so quickly that I missed your design on previous page. We have decided to use the LD "ld-alt.jpg" as the basic design, please edit the design from there. As above, our management has decided to not change the logo too much as we want to preserve the indentity. Yet, we wish to make it more lively. So we are thinking of logo on the left and company name stylised with custom design on the right. Cron's use of colour on the words is nice. Bashariqbal's colour shades are nice too but we would prefer light blue than light purple. Please use shades or effects only on the company name.

As the design is getting better and now heading to a more certain direction, we would like to extend it for another 3 days to end on the 23rd.

•••
thank you, it may look informal but keeps the theme (chemical) to represent in the logo icon :
Another try keeping the same logo (company's current logo) and giving it an extra edge :

lamurindlogo.jpg

Thanks
Shery

•••
@sheryonline Hi, can you make the background draker and flat for the logo. For the words background can you make similar but not copy to Linde? Please remove chemical industries.

@cron L and D needs to be bolder and D needs to be smooth. We prefer the design similar to sheryonline.

@Sobi LD needs to be bolder.

•••
@sheryonline Gradient stroke may pose challenges for printing. Can you try making 3 straight diagonal, expanding stroke with different shades of blue and white. Please propose different designs of the stroke.

•••
@sheryonline ,hahaha...still teasing huh?.lol.
By the way, GoodLuck as well.
@epermana ,updated, another entry, i've lost count...more coming up.
Regards
couldu6v (2).png

Attachments

• couldu6 (2).png
    couldu6 (2).png
    168.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
•••
here is my entry, feedback appreciated:
KkLYyI8.png

•••
This contest is now Over

Contest holder, Please start the selection process and announce the winner in the thread once selected.

Good Luck Everyone!

•••
After much consideration, @sheryonline's design is the closest. However, it will need some editing.

@sheryonline: Will you be willing to work with us to tweak the design to suit our requirement after the contest?

•••
@sheryonline, congrats...i'll be waiting for my burger.

•••
Congrats Shery! You're on a roll!

•••
Congrats on another win Shery great design!

Please remember to update the thread once files have been sent and payment received so we can close the contest.

•••
Just an update that the deal will be done soon. Will update again once it's done.

Also, would like to take this chance to thank all participants who have put in so much effort. It was a long contest, so we really appreciate all the hard work put into helping us refine our logo.

Cheers!

•••
Thank you so much epermana.

Payment Received.

Thanks
Shery

•••
•••
Hello! Thanks for starting a contest. Could you please tell me what kind clients you usually have (targeted audience of the logo) and how the chemicals are used.

Also do you have any imagery in mind? Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back