Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : Logo Design Company Name: "Lamurindo"

Prize : $50

Contest End Date & Time : 4/20/2015

Size Requirements : High res or illustrator file

Color Requirements : Bright navy blue as main theme.

General Requirements :

As the company is in the chemical industry, we would like something professional but modern.

Our management has decided that logo should not be too different from our current logo.

Attached is our current logo. Maybe it will help if we comment on our current logo.
1. Font is sleek but needs to be bolder (strength). Given the current limited preset Microsoft font, this may need custom drawing of the letters.
2. The logo [LD] is strong but we want to project more personality. We wish if the LD could be some strong object. The object (s) must still resemble L and D.

Attachments

• Ld card center.jpg
    Ld card center.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hello! Thanks for starting a contest. Could you please tell me what kind clients you usually have (targeted audience of the logo) and how the chemicals are used.

Also do you have any imagery in mind? Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
Jeffrey, try to use the letters LD to make an object. Standalone logo should not include the word "Stainless Steel". However, we hope the logo will look great when we pair with our products. For example, (Logo) Stainless Steel, (Logo) Chemical, (Logo) Turbine.

NameFu, good question! Our clients are manufacturers that purchase chemicals as raw materials. Mainly oil & gas companies. Some similar companies like us would be Univar, Brenntag, Koda Distribution. As every company is different, I hope to have different perspectives before setting a direction of the design.

•••
For the “Logo”, it can be of any design, meaning it can be abstract, an object, or made up of letters “L” and “D”, or any combination of them.
What stands for D in the name?

•••
@bashariqbal , actually some of our customers refer to us as LD. However, you are free to use any letters to make an object. Please look at Univar in the attached. They have used U and V to make the hexagon. Also Linde group which uses the L as the elegant logo.

However, I also like AkzoNobel classy logo and simple Brenntag logos. I really cannot decide which is best as they are all great. I hope that designers can create what they are best at and I will give comment specific to their designs to make it best. Thanks!

@Jeffrey Can you propose different designs? I have attached some logos where you can draw some inspiration.

Attachments

• chemical company logos.pdf
    221.4 KB · Views: 22
•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
@NameFu Please remove the white outline for the logo. Also, please propose a different design. We would like something that is strong and professional.

@Jeffrey This logo is too similar to Univar's which is our partner. The logo looks neat but it needs to look stronger.

•••
•••
@Jeffrey Please propose different design. Management did not approve the box concept. Please change font to a simpler and bolder font. Cheers

It is not a must to use LD to make the logo. You can use just "L" or not any letter at all. You can even make the word "Lamurindo" as a logo such as Linde, P&G, BASF, Fedex.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I added some custom styling to the font. Please let me know if you'd like to see this with a non stylized font.
Lamurino7b.jpg

•••
•••
Feedback appreciated. Thanks!
Lamurino11.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Hi! Here is my entry.
28851_224679d21f51c66aa8ac8fb6934815d9.png

Attachments

• Lamurindo-post.png
    Lamurindo-post.png
    201.6 KB · Views: 12
•••
@NameFu Stylized fonts are better. The logos are too simple. Also, use a brighter blue, example R11 G49 B112.
The design with the hexagon gives a feel of an animation company as it is a little too playful.

@bashariqbal I like how you play with the font, however it is too simple. Have a look at Mi-Swaco logo. As they are also our business partner, please do not copy their design.

We would like to convey strength, discipline, and clarity. So maybe bold fonts and you can experiment with other colours (orange, yellow, or green etc) but main colour must be blue.

Attachments

• miswaco.gif
    miswaco.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 14
•••
More examples attached. I like Talisman Energy font and Marathon oil overall look.

Attachments

• oil & gas companies.pdf
    377.7 KB · Views: 63
•••
- deleted -
Spelling correction below...

Last edited:
•••
•••
Oops! Thanks Bashariqbal! And just like I said...I get a little carried away sometimes lol....

•••
My apologies! It's been a long day.

L13.E.jpg

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back