NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : Logo Design Company Name: "Lamurindo"

Prize : $50

Contest End Date & Time : 4/20/2015

Size Requirements : High res or illustrator file

Color Requirements : Bright navy blue as main theme.

General Requirements :

As the company is in the chemical industry, we would like something professional but modern.

Our management has decided that logo should not be too different from our current logo.

Attached is our current logo. Maybe it will help if we comment on our current logo.
1. Font is sleek but needs to be bolder (strength). Given the current limited preset Microsoft font, this may need custom drawing of the letters.
2. The logo [LD] is strong but we want to project more personality. We wish if the LD could be some strong object. The object (s) must still resemble L and D.

Attachments

• Ld card center.jpg
    Ld card center.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

Here is my submission.

LD-logo-o.jpg

Regards

daraptor

•••
@NameFu The logo is too colorful. See below for more guidance
@daraptor I like how you keep it simple. Keep stylized font to only one or two letters. See below for more guidance

Our management has decided that logo should not be too different from our current logo.

Attached is our current logo. Maybe it will help if we comment on our current logo.
1. Font is sleek but needs to be bolder (strength). Given the current limited preset Microsoft font, this may need custom drawing of the letters.
2. The logo [LD] is strong but we want to project more personality. We wish if the LD could be some strong object. The object (s) must still resemble L and D. Look at Unilever logo as a guide, however we think it is too complicated. Please maintain blue background and white letters / objects.

Attachments

• Ld card center.jpg
    Ld card center.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Unilever.jpg
    Unilever.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:
•••
Based on your last guide-post here is my idea...
28892_051796a17df1f87afd8d60f2f1ecf106.png

Attachments

• Lamurindo-post2-01.png
    Lamurindo-post2-01.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 25
•••

Last edited:
•••
L15cc.jpg

Last edited:
•••
@daraptor I like how you keep it simple. Keep stylized font to only one or two letters. See below for more guidance

Thanks for the feedback, will get back to you with some new concept.

Regards

Daraptor

•••
L15simplec.jpg

Last edited:
•••
In this one I made the "D" a little more D-ish, and slightly adjusted the styling in the letter "i". Let me know if you'd like to see this without styling of the letter "O". Thanks

L15c.jpg

Last edited:
•••
This version is for when space is limited and the logo would for example need to be placed in a small corner of a chemical tank or another device.

L15simple square.jpg

•••
@bashariqbal @daraptor @NameFu
Please keep the original square form with blue background and white letters. So it must be flat logo without any gradient. The only thing that needs changing is the L D.

In the attached example, the Golfer took a form of a Spartan head.

In our logo, we wish to have an object take a form of L and D. But it must be white on blue square background.

Attachments

• spartan-golf-logo-large.jpg
    spartan-golf-logo-large.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 19
•••
It could help to specify what kind of object you're looking for. This could be an animal, a chemical tank, building, etc. It's possibly a good idea to think this out a little bit. Not to say that designers won't be able to play with more ideas. It just helps them narrow down to a few options.

•••
Hello,

Here my another submission with few variations.

L3.jpg

Regards

daraptor

•••
@NameFu We do not have anything in mind. Could you try lion that is simple outline and not too elaborated. D being the lions head facing right and L being its mane (hair). Or if you could propose other objects.

@daraptor Nice blue colour and font. Could try more designs for the logo? Keep the font, it is best font so far. Also, Keep the edges square and not rounded. Remove the sub-title.

Last edited:
•••
Logo idea. Hope you like it.Feedback and direction is appreciated. Good luck

•••
@blairwitchii Hi, thanks for your entry. We are now firm that the design should start from the original logo. Try to enhance from that logo. Thanks!

@daraptor Liking your work so far. Stick with your font for "Lamurindo". For the logo, use square background and for the LD itself please try more shapes, however, LD must be preserved. Please remove "Indonesia distributor" as we have presence in other countries too.

Also can you try some shades of blue within the logo but nothing too fancy, something like shades in the waves of Marathon oil logo. Thanks!

•••
Hi

Here are few more variations incorporating the changes you mentioned above.

First

LD-V3.jpg

Second

LD-V2.jpg

Third

LD-V1.jpg

Regards

daraptor

•••
Here is mine - Enhanced your current logo into a square shaped chemical representation :

Lamurindaa.jpg

Thanks
Shery

•••
@daraptor Logo do not have to suit the heights of the words because it makes the logo looks short. LD logo must stand upright

@sheryonline Hi Shery, really liking you design. I like how you keep the core simple logo and add to it.

For the logo, could you try to extend the L to match height and width of D. Also square the bottom right corner of the D. I have modified our logo to give you example.

Attachments

• ld-alt.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 11
•••
Thank you for the feedback. Here's my revision. Hope you like it. Good luck

•••
Thank you so much for the feedback, here is the revised version :

lamurindologo.jpg

Thanks
Shery

•••
@sheryonline yeah the logo is more balanced now. Any other design other than the chemical box? I've received feedback that it looks like perfume bottle.

•••
another of my submission. Feedback please.
28943_3f1517f34fab390c4f66968a9b3fe505.png

Attachments

• Lamurindo-post2-01-01.png
    Lamurindo-post2-01-01.png
    7 KB · Views: 20
•••
Hi,

Here are the revised versions.

L5.jpg

Regards

daraptor

•••
@sheryonline yeah the logo is more balanced now. Any other design other than the chemical box? I've received feedback that it looks like perfume bottle.

thank you so much for the feedback, here are two more logo design variations :

lamrunda.jpg

Thanks
Shery

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back