NameSilo

.CC versus .WS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys,

The domain name which I want isn't available for .com..but yet available in other extensions include .CC and .WS, which one is better? & why?

I really can't make a decision as both can be alternatives to .com..I would love to know which one you recommend and why.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.ws is half the price of .cc
Other than that it shouldn't be much difference.. :)

•••
But regardless of the price, which gives more sense you think? After a .COM

•••
•••
You got very nice names there.

•••
It depends on the domain and how it fits with the extensions. Other than that and price, it shouldn't matter.

•••
Find a name that is available in .com

If you absolutely want a .cc or a .ws , that's a tough call...

I'd still say .cc if for no other reason than verisign is still it's promoter (See www.greatdomains.com , no .ws ).

-Allan

•••
Aha thanks for the feedback, I'll grab the CC then.

•••
IAmAllanShore said:

If you absolutely want a .cc or a .ws , that's a tough call...

I'd still say .cc if for no other reason than verisign is still it's promoter (See www.greatdomains.com , no .ws ).

-Allan
I like your methodology.

For all others:
I would say this is one a key factor to invoke, but don't make this the only determinant.

-Steve

•••
I myself would have taken the .ws most likely, it has a general meaning unlike .cc which dont really have one, then again to me I see " credit card " which doesnt work for all words/terms like .ws " web site " does.

I agree with what Steve said, wtf are GreatDomains anyways, I know who they think they are, but I certainly wouldnt consider what they do/say as being the way of the web.

•••
Tippy said:
I myself would have taken the .ws most likely, it has a general meaning unlike .cc which dont really have one, then again to me I see " credit card " which doesnt work for all words/terms like .ws " web site " does.

I agree with what Steve said, wtf are GreatDomains anyways, I know who they think they are, but I certainly wouldnt consider what they do/say as being the way of the web.
.cc is for Cocos Islands (i have no idea where they are)
so I would ge .ws

•••
I choose .ws mainly because of the price.

•••
Tippy said:

Agreed that GreatDomains is now "Web God" , I was using it as a readily available source to show that Verisign does still "promote" .cc (And :imho: it's an automatic X amount of "Potential" points when the big-guns could eventually promote the dang extension ;) ).

I still say that neither .ws nor .cc are ideal at this point in time, but I would choose the .cc over the .ws except in rare circumstances. (My opinion on this has changed in the past few months)

-Allan

•••
hanz said:
so I would ge .ws

The Cocos Islands are a little West of the Northern Part of Western Australia. It is in the same time zone as Singapore, Malaysia, Western Australia and a good part of China. It's a great holiday destination for Australians but it is quite small. :)

•••
hanz said:
so I would ge .ws

Cocos Island (.cc) or Samoa (.ws), it's a hard choise. I wouldn’t take any of them. I don't see any future to any of these extensions but that's just my opinion. :imho:

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
For all except a core keyword domain. Otherwise, I'd lean to the .ws - forget the Western Somoa aspect and play the "Web Site" card... I don't get the .cc thing at all; just my opinion :gl:

•••
So guys, you'll disagree with going with CC, the reason I want to select a CC over WS is that I think it's easier in typing, nothing special.

You've mentioned that I should go with a .com, I can't do this..I'm posting this thread because the name is just not available in .com.

So guys, anybody agree with me? I only think the CC has more potential than WS...is this ever true?

•••
WS is easyer to remimber and starting to get kinda common
WS is cheaper also

if it was me id buy the .com off whoever has it
OR a simour 1 to it
OR change the name and get a .com :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back