Domain Empire

question CBDOil.com sold recently and new buyer is trying to flip it

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JimSteemer

Established Member
Impact
The domain CBDOil.com recently sold and now the new owner is looking to make a profit and trying to resell it as a flip. How much do you guys think it's worth? I personally think the new owner made a very bad decision. That's not a domain you buy to flip at those prices, but I could be wrong.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is no proof of this claim you keep making everywhere. New owner looks like they are trying to sell for 700k and will never get it. They are trying to flip it. Bad idea. It will never go for that.
I’m not going to divulge private emails. For the last time - the current owner is not new. He sold it to Joe on payments and Joe defaulted. The domain has now went back to the original owner and he is having Latonas.com broker it.

I’ve known this guy for about 10 years. Not sure what proof you’re looking for and frankly I don’t care. What I just told you is 100% accurate and true!

Your headline, everything about it, is false. No recent sale and no new owner. The current owner registered it in 2012 and we’ve been in contact ever since. This thread should be deleted.

Last edited:
•••
Sounds like you don't have any proof and spreading misinformation. Cheers
1677451602451.png

There you go. An email from the original owner on Thursday. Now you show us proof of completed payment and proof of a “new” owner. Ok, go!

•••
It was sold on payments for $500k and the buyer defaulted. The original owner has it back and is being represented by Latonas.com

•••
Your source: "Trust me bro" - That guy Joe went on record to say it's a lie and how Kate Buckley started the rumor and he posted screen shots of it all. The thread shouldn't be deleted because I was interested in knowing what people thought about the price. I can't help people like you are lying about the situation and acting like you know with no proof. I have been eyeing the domain for some time. I have spoken to the new owner as I was interested in buying it before and now, but not for what they want. I have also seen documentation showing the sale happened in 2019 for $500k and the proof that was put out. You are not the authority here to make up empty stories. Furthermore, if you actually know the guy for 10 years and have been in contact with him, this wouldn't be news to you now. You and others would've came out with the story a long time ago, but you didn't. Don't know your motive here, but this isn't a gossip website. I simply wanted to know the opinions of others on price.
Sale never completed. Take care

•••
This was posted on social media after the sale happened by Joe. This is an email from the legal department at cbdoil.com after the transaction occurred. Look at the email address it was from and the date. Joe no longer owned it months before this email was sent by the new owner of cbdoil.com. Seems as though the personal vendetta against this guy is still happening. Not cool and more strange that you turned this post into a gossip column. Seek help buddy.
@Ron Jackson
Can you tell us about the info you put out on this?

@Kate Buckley
Can you tell us about your involvement with a “new” owner of this domain?

•••
That article also states it was on a payment plan, and it defaulted. Where is the proof of this? The previous owner that sold it did an interview somewhere explaining that the broker Kate Buckley tried to sell it for him did a terrible job and gave her six months, and she didn't get one lead. He sold it on his own, and now she's spreading rumors because she's upset she lost the sale. Kate is known to lie if things don't go her way out of spite.
You should get your facts straight.
I have been the only owner of this domain since its original purchase from GoDaddy in 2012. Joe contracted with Kate to broker it even though he’s never had ownership so I’m sure she’s upset for him wasting her time.
[email protected] has the exclusive listing for cbdoil.com

•••
You join this forum and take up for Joe “Hustler” immediately who is well known to routinely scam his followers on social media in the crypto space. Nobody cares about his legal dept which is probably him sitting behind a desk. He tried a scam regarding this name. He never owned it. To own something you must actually pay in full.

Kate Buckley has close to 30 years in this biz and a stellar reputation unlike Joe. Is that you Joe?
This is 100% correct. Keith has his facts straight. As for a "legal email," in my experience, attorneys usually construct syntax above an 8th grade level and tend to sign their emails. ;)

As for brokerage, I was engaged by Joe to broker the domain despite him having zero authorization from Harry (the rightful owner, as the domain name was on a long term payment plan via Escrow.com) to do so.

As Joe had already defrauded the media establishment and had it reported as a sale, and clearly had full—and very vocal—usage of the domain name, I entered into the agreement with him. He displayed erratic behavior in the time--going from demanding 8 figures for the name ("I want nothing less than $10 million for it. I think it’s worth up to $50 million" - 10/12/21), which I politely declined, to eventually saying "I will take 500k." (09/05/22). While I garnered significant interest in the domain name in the time I was working on it, unfortunately no one was interested at that level.

Joe then defaulted; Harry reclaimed his domain name, then contacted me (9/30/21). We had a very cordial, warm —and hilarious!—phone conversation. I then reached out to Joe via email (no reply) and cell (he replied that I had "a wrong number"). The "sale" was then corrected via DN Journal and other media outlets. I wish Harry and his team all the best with their efforts with the name.

•••
The rest of this thread just smells fishy......The OP is either this Joe character, pissed because they don't want to pay the asking price
Of course.

The OP came out of nowhere. That’s not to say they’re not legit but they have zero info to offer other than slamming those that have produced facts.

•••
It was put out that Ron ignored that email by the legal department when it was emailed.

Kate didn't broker anything. Read the thread above. The story was told that she was given 6 months to sell it and didn't get one lead. Joe took it upon himself to handle it and she got so mad and started slandering him. This was all public and already stated in this thread that you are ignoring on purpose.
Forgive me but I’ll believe the guy that I’ve spoken to for the last 10 years vs. a twitter post.

•••
This Joe Vargas person is still showing as the CEO of CBD oil .com on his LinkedIn profile, yet when you click on the website link it takes you to Buy Legal Meds . com......Not very professional

The rest of this thread just smells fishy......The OP is either this Joe character, pissed because they don't want to pay the asking price or god knows what......no serious takeaway to be had from the ranting

That "legal" email reads like someone from high school wrote it.....If that was my legal representative I would sack the incompetent prat.....

@NamePros you need to look at new accounts and implement a negative down vote within a certain time period deletion policy - this person is at -155 at the time of writing.......says a lot....

•••
This was posted on social media after the sale happened by Joe. This is an email from the legal department at cbdoil.com after the transaction occurred. Look at the email address it was from and the date. Joe no longer owned it months before this email was sent by the new owner of cbdoil.com. Seems as though the personal vendetta against this guy is still happening. Not cool and more strange that you turned this post into a gossip column. Seek help buddy.
Ignore anything coming from Joe Vargas or his “legal department “. It’s bs.

Take care!

•••
•••
I have been following this story since 2019 when it was bought for $500k by Joe. Wanting to discuss price action as I had interest, I didn't expect a troll to come make up stories as though this was Page Six. Mr. Drama queen couldn't help himself.

Again, I'll believe an email from the domain itself from their legal department over you (a stranger) and some gmail account. All this was publicly posted months back and I collected the data. I had interest in the domain.
I’ve been following since 2013. Harry Bennett owned it then and he owns it now.

But again, maybe you have the contact of the “new” owner?

•••
•••
Joe contracted with Kate to broker it even though he’s never had ownership so I’m sure she’s upset for him wasting her time.
Not the first time this tactic has been used but most likely the first time for an asset of this value.

In todays market CBDoil com is probably worth $50k but markets go up and down. The CBD space is saturated so it might be worth holding out for 3-5 years to see if the tide changes.

Thank you for coming here to clear things up!

•••
You sound very ignorant and ego-driven. You're not even affiliated with the domain, but yet I am supposed to believe you knew this guy for 10 years, but didn't know any details of their deal till now. You sound like a deadbeat. Enjoy your Sunday.
I already gave you the details. Joe paid about 70% and defaulted so Harry got it back.

If you have details on a different owner let us know.

•••
So what? It was the largest domain purchase for CBD ever. Everyone knew about it.
Lol you’re ignorant. Go do some research and look at the dates. You’ll see that I was way ahead of the game.

•••
Can't show you a story he posted on instagram 4 years ago, they go away after 24 hours. Sorry. Mushrooms will be able to help your ego. This rage can't be healthy.
I figured you couldn’t. Take care Joe.

•••
I’m emailing with the real owner, Harry, as we speak. He has control of the asset, period.

•••
The email I posted is from cbdoil.com legal department (way after Joe no longer owned it) as you can clearly see in the screen shot. Not Joe. Seek help my friend.
So you don’t have proof of a sale by Joe Vargas, you don’t have the sales price. What info do you have that it sold? Escrow receipts maybe?! New owner Whois or contact?

Last edited:
•••
The guy bought a half million dollar domain and you think he didn't talk about it publicly. lol. Now you think me wanting to talk about price action is Joe. You came out of nowhere displaying an unhealthy display of behaviour on a thread that was meant to talk about the price. For the love of god let this be your last goodbye and go seek mental help. You have said bye 11 times now.
If you are going to speak in public, as if you have facts, back it up. And yes he talked about it publicly. That has nothing to do with what I said.

Here’s what we know - you know nothing.

•••
Ask him about the MANY Twitter changing IDs he had to create everytime people complained about his money grabs/scams to Twitter and his accounts got locked.

He is a professional scam artist and you coming here to join soley to defend him over his lies about cbdoil sale or anything else makes you very suspect.
Joe shithead hasn’t come here to give his take. I completely understand but his understudy @JimSteemer seems to know a lot about the situation.

Jim, lol?

Last edited:
•••
Btw @JimSteemer

If you look in the lengthy “pot showcase” thread here, you’ll see that I announced the sale of CBDoil back in 2019, before anyone knew about it.

I knew because Harry told me. He did so because of our history and because of the seriousness on my end to acquire the domain.

Last edited:
•••
1677458839981.png

I have a screenshot of the domain in his account. It shows his other domains and I’m not posting that.

Last edited:
•••
The email I posted is from cbdoil.com legal department (way after Joe no longer owned it) as you can clearly see in the screen shot. Not Joe. Seek help my friend.
You join this forum and take up for Joe “Hustler” immediately who is well known to routinely scam his followers on social media in the crypto space. Nobody cares about his legal dept which is probably him sitting behind a desk. He tried a scam regarding this name. He never owned it. To own something you must actually pay in full.

Kate Buckley has close to 30 years in this biz and a stellar reputation unlike Joe. Is that you Joe?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back