IT.COM

question CBDOil.com sold recently and new buyer is trying to flip it

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JimSteemer

Established Member
Impact
The domain CBDOil.com recently sold and now the new owner is looking to make a profit and trying to resell it as a flip. How much do you guys think it's worth? I personally think the new owner made a very bad decision. That's not a domain you buy to flip at those prices, but I could be wrong.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1677458839981.png

I have a screenshot of the domain in his account. It shows his other domains and I’m not posting that.

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 232968
I have a screenshot of the domain in his account. It shows his other domains and I’m not posting that.
For someone being so "heavy" in the domain industry as a "seasoned vet" you are showing you don't know what you're doing. It's impossible to open a escrow account and act as the buyer of a domain without proving ownership of said domain. Secondly, what does escrow have to do with this? I showed you an email from a email address from the cbdoil.com domain that was posted last year as proof. Your passion to be nosey here and slander a guy is not healthy. Joe no longer owns it, I showed proof of scenario via an email sent from CBDOIL.COM legal department and you are still here after saying take care and goodbye 15 times. This is boring.

•••
For someone being so "heavy" in the domain industry as a "seasoned vet" you are showing you don't know what you're doing. It's impossible to open an escrow account and act as the buyer of a domain without proving ownership of said domain.

Wrong. I can start escrow on any domain in existence right now, as a buyer or seller.

•••
Wrong. I can start escrow on any domain in existence right now, as a buyer or seller.
No one said anything about escrow anywhere in this thread. Escrow was not involved in this conversation. You have to verify ownership to sell a domain. The email I shared was not from escrow.com. If you LOOK at it, it shows you where it's from. It's from the domain itself.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
What does escrow have to do with this? Are you slow? I never brought up escrow.com.
I sent the link of this thread to the owner. Now we’ll see…

•••
I sent the link of this thread to the owner. Now we’ll see…
That's cool. Maybe he can talk about why he thinks the domain is worth $700k. Which is why I came here in the first place. This entire thread you have ignored the legal letter I shared from the domain itself that was shared last year in October. Whoever owned it then after Joe, sent Kate and Ron an email. I mean, the proof is in your face and you're ignoring it.

•••
That's cool. Maybe he can talk about why he thinks the domain is worth $700k.
He can ask $7 million, that’s his choice. I’d ask $1 million or more.

•••
•••
That article also states it was on a payment plan, and it defaulted. Where is the proof of this? The previous owner that sold it did an interview somewhere explaining that the broker Kate Buckley tried to sell it for him did a terrible job and gave her six months, and she didn't get one lead. He sold it on his own, and now she's spreading rumors because she's upset she lost the sale. Kate is known to lie if things don't go her way out of spite.
You should get your facts straight.
I have been the only owner of this domain since its original purchase from GoDaddy in 2012. Joe contracted with Kate to broker it even though he’s never had ownership so I’m sure she’s upset for him wasting her time.
[email protected] has the exclusive listing for cbdoil.com

•••
•••
You should get your facts straight.
I have been the only owner of this domain since its original purchase from GoDaddy in 2012. Joe contracted with Kate to broker it even though he’s never had ownership so I’m sure she’s upset for him wasting her time.
[email protected] has the exclusive listing for cbdoil.com
Explain the legal email that was sent to Kate and Ron via [email protected] (that i showed proof of) months after Joe no longer owned it. Your guy's stories are not adding up and who knows who you are. You just created an account 3 minutes ago. You are probably Keith's alt account.

Lastly, when Joe and Kate were going at it publicly, he shared that she's upset cause her ego was hurt. She had 6 months to sell it and she failed. Joe also shared an NDA he had with the previous owner and here you are sharing details breaking this NDA pretending to be the owner. This story isn't adding up and you guys seem like you're lying. You can't ignore a legal email from the actual domain when Joe didn't own it anymore.

No one should buy this domain at all after reading this thread. No idea this would arise from asking about price action. Too much drama attached to it.

•••
•••
You just created an account 3 minutes ago. You are probably Keith's alt account.
Be careful of making assumptions and accusations.

•••
Explain the legal email that was sent to Kate and Ron via [email protected] (that i showed proof of) months after Joe no longer owned it. Your guy's stories are not adding up and who knows who you are. You just created an account 3 minutes ago. You are probably Keith's alt account.

Lastly, when Joe and Kate were going at it publicly, he shared that she's upset cause her ego was hurt. She had 6 months to sell it and she failed. Joe also shared an NDA he had with the previous owner and here you are sharing details breaking this NDA pretending to be the owner. This story isn't adding up and you guys seem like you're lying. You can't ignore a legal email from the actual domain when Joe didn't own it anymore.

No one should buy this domain at all after reading this thread. No idea this would arise from asking about price action. Too much drama attached to it.
You are the slow one. That isn’t a legal email. There is no such thing.

Legal email Legal email Legal email— is that all you got?

•••
Last edited:
•••
You are the slow one. That isn’t a legal email. There is no such thing.

Legal email Legal email Legal email— is that all you got?
I just searched and there's no proof of Mr. Vargas being a crypto scammer. In fact, it looks like he bought a NFT project, added some cool value to it for holders for almost a year and then sold it to their community manager. This was on the internet as I searched crypto scams from him. Some haters here and there mentioned it like you are now so I guess it's true? A lot of people seem to be very happy with what he did in that transaction. If you call that scamming, where do I sign up?

From what I have seen in the years of following him, I have seen him doing a lot of good and being a family man. The guy has retail stores you can walk into. Very far from being a scammer. What do you have? Some crappy domains you're trying to sell? It's sad that I wanted to do was talk about the price and here we are gossiping about a guy that's not here to defend himself.

Last edited:
•••
Joe contracted with Kate to broker it even though he’s never had ownership so I’m sure she’s upset for him wasting her time.
Not the first time this tactic has been used but most likely the first time for an asset of this value.

In todays market CBDoil com is probably worth $50k but markets go up and down. The CBD space is saturated so it might be worth holding out for 3-5 years to see if the tide changes.

Thank you for coming here to clear things up!

•••
Hmmm. Don't know much about this niche but CDBoil.com is obviously a category killer.

I don't have a crystal ball, but it's surely a name that will command at least mid $xxxxxx.

Albeit, I think the owner will have to realize a loss on this (if all the buy/sell cannabis records are accurate). The cannabis market was so astronomically oversaturated for about 5 years. Like any other trend, a whole bunch of companies poured into it which diluted the product/domain market.

In any case, great name. Hope it works out for the owner.

•••
I just searched and there's no proof of Mr. Vargas being a crypto scammer. In fact, it looks like he bought a NFT project, added some cool value to it for holders for almost a year and then sold it to their community manager. This was on the internet as I searched crypto scams from him. Some haters here and there mentioned it like you are now so I guess it's true? A lot of people seem to be very happy with what he did in that transaction. If you call that scamming, where do I sign up?

From what I have seen in the years of following him, I have seen him doing a lot of good and being a family man. The guy has retail stores you can walk into. Very far from being a scammer. What do you have? Some crappy domains you're trying to sell? It's sad that I wanted to do was talk about the price and here we are gossiping about a guy that's not here to defend himself.
Just my two cents here, but it appears there is no change in ownership here, for quite a while.

However, from reading your posts, I think you are both right, in terms of semantics. The escrow thing was just a matter of how you were both seeing it.

Yes, you can initiate escrow without proving domain ownership but it will be required down the process. So in a sense you were both right but just kind of on different pages.

It really doesn't matter about Joe Vargas' involvement now. Appears he out of the picture. So why quibble? Agree to disagree and go on. What happens is only a clear matter for the actual seller and buyer. The person who actually buys it will buy. And the actual seller will sell it. If there are indeed shenanigans happening, what of it? It will have to be ironed out by them.

•••
This Joe Vargas person is still showing as the CEO of CBD oil .com on his LinkedIn profile, yet when you click on the website link it takes you to Buy Legal Meds . com......Not very professional

The rest of this thread just smells fishy......The OP is either this Joe character, pissed because they don't want to pay the asking price or god knows what......no serious takeaway to be had from the ranting

That "legal" email reads like someone from high school wrote it.....If that was my legal representative I would sack the incompetent prat.....

@NamePros you need to look at new accounts and implement a negative down vote within a certain time period deletion policy - this person is at -155 at the time of writing.......says a lot....

•••
The rest of this thread just smells fishy......The OP is either this Joe character, pissed because they don't want to pay the asking price
Of course.

The OP came out of nowhere. That’s not to say they’re not legit but they have zero info to offer other than slamming those that have produced facts.

•••

Ask him about the MANY Twitter changing IDs he had to create everytime people complained about his money grabs/scams to Twitter and his accounts got locked.

He is a professional scam artist and you coming here to join soley to defend him over his lies about cbdoil sale or anything else makes you very suspect.

Last edited:
•••
Ask him about the MANY Twitter changing IDs he had to create everytime people complained about his money grabs/scams to Twitter and his accounts got locked.

He is a professional scam artist and you coming here to join soley to defend him over his lies about cbdoil sale or anything else makes you very suspect.
Joe shithead hasn’t come here to give his take. I completely understand but his understudy @JimSteemer seems to know a lot about the situation.

Jim, lol?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back