Dynadot

Can't Search Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Why has Afternic never fixed its search capability? Places you CAN search by keyword include: DomainAgents, Sedo, BrandBucket, Undeveloped, and more. (Am I mistaken? Is there someplace on the site that makes it work?)

If a buyer wants a particular keyword or type of domain, going to Afternic’s home page or “Buy Domains” link does not help, because Afternic’s database cannot really be searched. Suppose you can’t afford a generic, one-word name, so you’re looking for maybe a 2-word that contains your keyword. Or a synonym of that keyword, or some related name in the category.

Despite the page’s saying “our advanced search will let you filter by price, category, length, extension and much more,” this isn’t true; there is no advanced search. No categories or price or length to choose at all. You can filter the word by extension only. You get about 20 results.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I still don't know how people with more than one hundred domains manage afternic listings. Their interface is so slow, buggy and don't have any bulk option or filter. I took me more than an hour to clean and edit few domains

•••
I still don't know how people with more than one hundred domains manage afternic listings. Their interface is so slow, buggy and don't have any bulk option or filter. I took me more than an hour to clean and edit few domains

Its hard work thats all i can say with thousands of domains i wish they updated it....

•••
Maybe @Joe Styler could chime in on this.

It would be great if Afternic had an Advance Search like all other market places have.

Godaddy has one but you have to go into Godaddy's Auctions to access it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back