IT.COM

Afternic search is broken

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
How to search for domains in Afternic?! I tried doing a search I entered a keword into search box and picked .com as the extension then I got a small list of domains with no "see more" option, and the worst part is that all domains where non .com except one!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just tried a term and got the same thing. It gave me a list of exact matches to the term, but no multiple word names with .com extension (somewhat surprisingly did give me a couple in another TLD), even thought I left the search default at .com setting.

I think in general search should show exact matches unless the user has chosen to ignore them, but the TLD choice needs to be made clear and followed.

Thanks for alerting us to this.

Bob

tagging @Joe Styler so know of issue and perhaps wish to comment

Last edited:
•••
Afternic's search has been broken for a long time. But Godaddy's search is also broken at the moment. They're beta testing a new advanced search but it isn't working. Try searching at Godaddy for any domain you own that's listed at Godaddy (or Afternic and therefore should be seen at Godaddy). The listing flashes for a second and then disappears. @Joe Styler

Last edited:
•••
So what is the point of Afternic if search is broken? dont tell me thet rely only on Godaddy's basic domain search.. that would be horrible for domainers! killing sales and reducing the already slim selling chances

Last edited:
•••
I have removed my portfolio from the Afternic when i list on Afternic marketplace someone from 'godaddy team' (i think) list my name on godaddy auctions with higher price thas is annyoning. :/

•••
@Ostrados The point of Afternic is their premium network so your listed domains will be seen across many marketplaces. But naturally having a search that works should be obvious. I don't think it ever worked properly. I told their support a few years ago that the search is broken but nothing happened.

Last edited:
•••
Is anybody else getting no results when searching at Godaddy using Chrome? No matter which domain I search for, the listing flashes for a second and then I end up on this page:

upload_2019-11-17_14-13-39.png

•••
Yet another glitch, search for your own listed domain using the extension... xxxx.com, and it won't even show up in the results...

•••
Yet another glitch, search for your own listed domain using the extension... xxxx.com, and it won't even show up in the results...
I just tried and it works for me. I enter the complete domain name with dot, ignore the pull down TLD, and it does show a list with my exact name at top.

•••
is a glitch, on and off...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back