IT.COM

Afternic Appraisals?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TerriJ

Established Member
Impact
I've done a forum search and haven't found anyone address this aspect of Afternic specifically, so I thought I'd ask here.

Afternic offers domain appraisals for $25 for the first domain, and beyond that, $20/domain.
Included in the cost:
A Domain Name Appraisal from Afternic provides:

• An effective tool for selling your domain.
    Appraised domains sell, on average, much faster and for more money than unappraised domains.
  • A unique “DNI Score” that is based on Afternic’s proprietary Domain Name Index.
    This score incorporates search volume and keyword advertising on terms similar to your domain, comparable recent domain sales, current sales trends and more.
  • A review of your domain by one of the Afternic appraisal consultants.
    Each domain name appraisal is reviewed and customized to help you make the best decision about your domain’s value.
  • Access to our domain marketing experts who can advise you on the best way to market and sell your domain.

https://www.afternic.com/domain-name-appraisal#1

Has anyone purchased an appraisal from them? What did you think?

I'm looking at the example on the bottom of the page linked above and thought it was a little...odd.

Sample.com appraised at $3502 --- do they mean the actual domain sample.com?
If so, that seems very low for a one (dictionary) word dot come.. no?

Or is "sample.com" just a bookmark/placeholder? And if it is, how is this a true example??

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I started parking domain at Afternic about a month ago. I was just intending to park them but have already received two offers. Sounds good, right? Well, in each case, I decided to invest the $25 for appraisal. The first appraisal came in way too low but the offer did not move beyond an inquiry. The second domain appraised hire. I counter the offer, they countered my offer, and then rejected my counter offer. I thought that was the end of that until I got a call from Afternic asking if they could contact the buyer to try to get the offer up to a number that was less than half of their (Afternic's) appraisal.

The gentleman on the phone told me that he has access to data on domain sales and stats and could probably sell it for $18,000. So I'm wondering out loud "What is the value of your appraisal?" Still trying to sort that one out. I have got gotten a response from Afternic.

•••
I realise @kevinmkelly is likely never to return .. but dude .. I hope you do come back and let us know what happened! lol

I have got gotten a response from Afternic.
I'm assuming you meant to type "I have not gotten a response from Afternic" given the fact you don't post any further details?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back