Domain Empire

Can't find a good .com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So i have a question, i haven't bought much domains in the past 5 or so years, but i always managed to find a pretty decent .com for the website i wanted to make.

Now i have been searching for hours and probably gone true 150 domains on the "niche" in question, but i can't find any, there is plenty of .net .org available, so i'm thinking should i go with one of those if there is no site / parked site on the .com?

I'm also thinking of maybe going with one of those new "gTLD" domains instead where i can find some realy nice ones, but not sure how Google rank all those new "gTLD" domains when it comes to SEO, so anyways go with a .net .org or a "gTLD" like.pro .club .website etc... or maybee just keep looking true another 150 .coms?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
What is the niche?

Well without going into to much detail it's Software related, i'm seeing a bit of an opportunity since there does not seem to be that much competition, there is offcourse some websites on the "niche" alreay, but i would like to try a bit of a diffrent spin.

Can mention aswell that over half of the .coms i checked who where taken where just parked or nothing there.

Last edited:
•••
Have you considered .io? It's quite popular with tech related businesses

•••
From my experience, if a website is worth putting lots of time and effort into to develop, it's worth spending a little extra to get the domain you want.

I'm not saying you have to spend thousands, but a good .com domain should pay for itself over time.

•••
Try and make an offer for the one(s) you really want. Maybe they're in your budget?

If not, keep looking for a .com.

Or, if your project is only going to serve locals, and you don't plan on expanding, go for your ccTLD.

Still nothing? Go for a gTLD that really hits the spot (like: pet.dog, live.cam, shoe.store, etc.).

Everything else just screams "not com", IMO.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, i think i'll make another attempt to find a new .com if not maybe try to make an offer on a registered one, i might try with a "gTLD" as a last resort, if i find one that hits the spot or close to it.

•••
So i have a question, i haven't bought much domains in the past 5 or so years, but i always managed to find a pretty decent .com for the website i wanted to make.

Now i have been searching for hours and probably gone true 150 domains on the "niche" in question, but i can't find any, there is plenty of .net .org available, so i'm thinking should i go with one of those if there is no site / parked site on the .com?

I'm also thinking of maybe going with one of those new "gTLD" domains instead where i can find some realy nice ones, but not sure how Google rank all those new "gTLD" domains when it comes to SEO, so anyways go with a .net .org or a "gTLD" like.pro .club .website etc... or maybee just keep looking true another 150 .coms?

I would stick with .com

if you can't find keyword mockup domain get a brandable 5 or 6 letter domain
you will find plenty of those

try to find keyword domains from the dropped domains at http://f1lter.com

•••
yes a good .com domain is a good investment if you think about it. and if it's needing a lot of effort to make you some money then it may be the wrong one

•••
i might try with a "gTLD" as a last resort

Make really sure you understand the renewal rates - you don't want to build a site on a domain then find renewal rates on it go up to 1k+ per year.

And make sure it is not at risk of getting re-classified as premium and repossessed.

•••
i would stick with a dot com, and brandables are the way to go - why not put a post in 'names requested' of the forum with your budget and see what the community comes up with

•••
I was going to put together a site about virus checking, but I seem to have got involved in political sites. I reg'd virusOK.com to use, but I don't think I'll get round to using it. I could sell that at a low trade price.

•••
•••
To find good .com domains names is not very easy as most of the good one have been taken up. But still if one is clear about the niche and how one wants to connect with the audience of interest then a good .com domain name can be signed up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back