Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Cancel Snapnames Backorder?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

Pound

VIP Member
Impact
95
I just received an email saying I had won the auction for a domain I didn't mean to actually bid on (this is the first time I realised I had put in a bid for the domain). The fact it didn't go to auction and came as a straight backorder means I was the only bidder. Is there any way of cancelling this through Snapnames like if you were registering a domain for the first time?

Thanks!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I'm afraid you have to keep your baby.
Congratulations :snaphappy:
 
0
•••
sdsinc said:
I'm afraid you have to keep your baby.
Congratulations :snaphappy:

Ohhh...quite easily the biggest waste of $60 in my entire life!..
 
0
•••
Same happened to me last week. Oh well! Shrugged it off in 5 minutes only cause I knew it would be extra stress that I didn't need right now.
 
0
•••
i made the same mistake but i realized before the auction had ended
i called them and they canceled my bids; one i am sure i did a mistake the other i just dont know how my bid was placed
 
0
•••
Sorry but once you win it at Snap, it's yours. I've won numerous names that I put in my cart to watch or decide on later, only to forget about them and a receive a 'Congratulations, you won another name you did not really want' email. In fact got one that way just the other day. I now own LipstickLezzies.com. Can be some expensive lessons there on Snap.
 
0
•••
I have cancelled my bid twice while auction was still going. Got a stern reply both times not to do it again. Although once its won different story.

g-
 
0
•••
One time I got locked into an auction that had a Min bid of 5k - of course this was when they introduced their "reseller" domains. Without noticing the min bid price, I went into auction. I called up and got it cleared right away, no huss no fuss. (This was of course before the auction ended though). I also explained there is no way I would pay for this domain name.

=)

Justin
 
0
•••
I have been in both boats. I once was in a $2,000 min auction not thinking it was the normal price under $100. I contacted snapnames and after I won the name they canceled it and relisted it. I also canceled my credit card just in case ;)

On the other hand I have won a few names which I didn't remember adding to my cart. So I have also blew a few hundred on names I didn't want nor were they worth the $60+. Now I keep better track of names I bid on.
 
0
•••
gooster said:
Ohhh...quite easily the biggest waste of $60 in my entire life!..

A small lesson learnt. Anyway try making a quick flip if the name is a good one.
 
0
•••
Charley said:
A small lesson learnt. Anyway try making a quick flip if the name is a good one.

Would value at $0. Thought it was a NNNN.com but turns out it was a NLLL.com (5LJE*com)!
 
0
•••
I took a hit early on with 0ko - $60 thinking it was oko (net). On principle I keep renewing it.

g-
 
0
•••
hawkeye said:
I've won numerous names that I put in my cart to watch or decide on later, only to forget about them and a receive a 'Congratulations, you won another name you did not really want' email. .

Thats something I really need to keep an eye on, I leave alot of them on backorder incase they drop the next year, currently have about 400 backordered D-:

..better trim that down some before it catches me out and 30 drop on one day !!! :hehe:


Snapnames seem like pretty good guys IMO, pitty they lost the Netsol contract :'(


.
 
0
•••
gooster said:
Would value at $0. Thought it was a NNNN.com but turns out it was a NLLL.com (5LJE*com)!

Well, then leave it to expire. :)
 
0
•••
Charley said:
Well, then leave it to expire. :)

Will do. Maybe someone then will make the same mistake!
 
0
•••
Pound!- why the name change mate? Not that its bad, I liked gooster too though!

I have had this happen to me many times at snap- backorder a name and mena to research it further...become sidetracked and before I know it I am the proud owner of names such as

eoy-finland.com
hhoforbs.com

etc etc.

its one thing that, its when you get the email saying one of them just auto-renewed (at like $19.99 or something) that you really groan...
 
0
•••
gingeman said:
Pound!- why the name change mate? Not that its bad, I liked gooster too though!

I have had this happen to me many times at snap- backorder a name and mena to research it further...become sidetracked and before I know it I am the proud owner of names such as

eoy-finland.com
hhoforbs.com

etc etc.

its one thing that, its when you get the email saying one of them just auto-renewed (at like $19.99 or something) that you really groan...

Hehe, not sure really. Had the NP$ and wanted a change! Will likely change it back fairly soon though.

Nice to see that I'm not the only one making these errors...
 
0
•••
You can cancel your credit card to avoid paying for the name.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back