Dynadot

discuss Can you hire a domain redirect?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
If someone has a domain that you cannot afford to buy can you "hire it out" and redirect to your website while it's awaiting sale to someone else? I'm also trying to think why this would be a bad idea. Are there any reliable domain hire services or websites? #domainhire

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Josytal I have registered total 50 names. 30 are projects and 20 listed for sale. Traffic is nothing to write a song about. Mainly because my names are nearly all U.K. extensions that nobody types in.
Wow, 30 projects?!
No traffic?!
What's the rationale behind having 30 projects without traffic? Why not select one or two most promising, concentrate to make them a success.
If getting type-ins is a problem, then consider having unique content(s) and bank on organic traffic via search engines. Advertising is another option.

Well, what do I know!

•••
@Josytal thanks for the heads up on your AdVow network. I wasn't previously aware of it. I have a few names worth developing, if I ever get around to developing them. Which probably describes about 50% of us on this site. B-)
Sure. AdVow is popular among business "warriors". Overwhelming majority of domainers don't belong to that group.

Last edited:
•••
"Wow, 30 projects?! No traffic?!"

Different projects are at different stages but I didn't say no traffic :xf.wink:

If getting type-ins is a problem, then consider having unique content(s) and bank on organic traffic via search engines. Advertising is another option.

Again :xf.wink:

•••
Has anyone experienced Venture/com services here.

Last edited:
•••
@Skyway Go Good resource and impressive list of premium .com names. Thank you for sharing and I'd never heard of that company before. I learned a great deal reading the extensive list of testimonials https://venture.com/testimonials. It will help me to better phrase my name listings and outbound emails.

Last edited:
•••
@redemo I have learned about them while doing my research on all two-letter domain names, They happened to own ho/com and oh/com, Great website. Do you own domains you like to list them with their platform or planning to lease some, DM me and I maybe able to help.

Last edited:
•••
This thread has provided so many answers to the original post. I am very grateful for all your input. Last night I was doing some research from the post https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...in-investor-of-all-time-2021-edition.1241180/ about the greatest investors by @equity78 and googled "Kevin Ham" the third result is an archive from Fortune Magazine in 2007 https://archive.fortune.com/magazines/business2/business2_archive/2007/06/01/100050989/index.htm says Kevin Ham owned 300,000 domain names - including god.com and satan.com - and many redirect to www.agoga.com. Now I'm thinking "what's agoga.com?" so I googled it. The landing page is https://venture.com/domains/agoga.com which states the name can be LEASED at $225 /month Year 1: $225/month Year 2: $275/month Year 3: $350/month Year 4: $400/month 4% annual increase onward. The FAQ also states that venture is a lease-only company and names aren't offered for sale as part of the business structure as opposed to lease with purchase option mentioned by @Mike Goodman. Another thing @lock is correct that much information is available right here on Namepros. I know this because the Namepros often comes up in Google searches! so I just need to try harder with internal searching. Point taken @lock.

Last edited:
•••
@redemo Like your ideas & can see where you are tying to head with it (at least I think so, haha).

But its much more complicated - on all angles - you are touching above. Consider this scary but possible situation when "renting" a name or subname - abuse on a subname will be your problem across all subs & the primary.

One of you sub-account names sets up email & spams non-stop - bye Google indexing & all domain name value.
or
a subdomain or a rented name becomes a child **** site, file drop, or whatever... Who is getting a visit from the authorities?

Great ideas - just be careful to understand the risks & how to manage - then the awful scenarios above are not a concern.

GL

P.S. feel free to use my SEO Tools site - figure out what you need to do to get your sites SEO optimized and why you are not seeing the traffic you need. AiSerp.com (link in my sig. - I leave it free to use for the NamePros community, to kind of give back for how much I get from everyone here)

GL

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back