Can Somebody Get Back TDFU.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skumars

Established Member
Impact
I had the domain TDFU.com which is now 6 days past expiry. It now asks for reinstatement fee and total is around $75 to get it back. I won it on Namejet because i thought TDFU can be used as "Top Domains for You" "Top deals for you" etc.

I have invested randomly here and there and so I am looking to sell it for $140 to anyone who can reinstate it for $75 and pay the rest $65 to me, else it will expire and go to bidding where chances of getting it for $140 will be feeble for anyone.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you tried to get the auth code?

•••
•••
I mean if you can unlock the domain and get an auth code, you can transfer it out to another registrar.

I think it's with Network Solutions and I don't know their current policies on expired domains.

•••
I mean if you can unlock the domain and get an auth code, you can transfer it out to another registrar.

I think it's with Network Solutions and I don't know their current policies on expired domains.

I do not think it will be possible because it is already 7 days past expiry.

•••
upload_2018-9-16_0-43-17.png

Just click on "turn off transfer lock and request auth code

•••
My advice is don't buy domains at SnapNames; but if you do, be proactive and transfer those domains out ASAP!!!

•••
•••
I just did it post expiration myself on one of my names at NS

•••
No domain is showing at "Domain Expiration Protection" in my account

•••

How many days had it expired and how much was their expiration fee?

•••

So you haven't even tried to get the expiration code?

•••
Just click on the domain, manage, details, unlock and get auth code

•••
This is what i am seeing in Domain Protection area

domain.png

•••
Skumars, just ignore that section.

As @korganian mentioned, you want to go into your domain(s) Control Panel and manage details, unlock domain and obtain (email) auth code.

Last edited:
•••
I don't see this in my account presumably because I don't have any overdue accounts. This looks like some kind of insurance. presumably you've still got to pay the renewal ($17-$37) depending on your package. So you are looking at $50 or less to renew at NetSol provided the transfer away won't work for you. Have you tried it? But by the time you get a yes or no, maybe too late for this insurance offer to recover your domain. I would not risk it. I'd pay whatever they want you to pay to recover the domain.

But the $9.99 might just be a straight renewal. I would try that first.

Last edited:
•••
The Domain is definitely transferable unlessy you won the domain in the last 60 days and so it is transfer locked.

You do not need to buy domain expiration protection. Follow the steps below:

upload_2018-9-16_14-38-10.png

upload_2018-9-16_14-40-34.png

Click on each one by one:

upload_2018-9-16_14-40-8.png

upload_2018-9-16_14-41-23.png

upload_2018-9-16_14-41-50.png

upload_2018-9-16_14-42-11.png

You can ignore the survey/form above

upload_2018-9-16_14-42-37.png

Similarly, go back to the domain details page and turn off the transfer lock. You'll get the auth code in about 3 days and you can transfer out at regular cost.

•••
It's look like you have sold it or renewed it.

IMG_20180916_153116.png

•••
It's look like you have sold it or renewed it.

Show attachment 97734
Unfortunately, not very reliable. A lot of registars perform a grace renew when they send auctions to expired auctions via aftermarkets (For example, GoDaddy, Namesilo etc.

I ran across this problem while automating my domain information. Expiry date in whois is not entirely reliable for this reason :(

•••
I transferred three domains from Netsol this past week. THey expired on 28 Aug. It took 3 days to get the auth code as you cant get it in the same day even though I am not sure they will provide it if you call, but I dont think 7 day is the grace period. Good luck.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back