Domain Empire

question Can I register a domain of a company that doesn't have a website?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Denismth

Established Member
Impact
I checked it and that company doesn't have a website. Can I register that company's domain and negotiate with them to buy it from me?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sure, if you like spending time in court.

•••
I checked it and that company doesn't have a website. Can I register that company's domain and negotiate with them to buy it from me?

Consider the precautions of this.

You could be exploring an avenue which could potentially get yourself sued.

Research all threads of this forum and spend time doing more research Denismth.

•••
Ok I will look more into the subject. Not all countries have the same stand anyways I will check it out

•••
Ok I will look more into the subject. Not all countries have the same stand anyways I will check it out

1. Lookup the Universal Domain Resolution Policy (UDRP) it's an ICANN mandated process that applies regardless of country.

2. There are plenty of opportunities using new names that aren't existing businesses or super generic terms that apply to almost anything. Besides you'll be better off with that strategy in either case as you open yourself up to more potential buyers that just one company.

3. If they weren't willing to pay $9 to register their name before you came along why do you think they would buy it from you for more exactly?

•••
Thank you for all the replies. I will go through the rules and decide what I should do.

•••
1. Maybe they no need a website
2. The registering name doesn't mean you doing something wrong yet. Maybe they don't have registered trademarks etc.
3. I think negotiating is always good even before doing anything to check if You can do anything :).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back