Dynadot

question Can ESTIBOT increase or decrease domain appraisal/price?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EvgeniiD

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I touched with the following situation and shall be very glad if somebody explains me it

Some months ago I registered domain, Estibot value for that time was about $3.000, nowadays I checked it again and detected that Estibot value had become $9.000.

And the same situation with another domains. Their Estibot value increased.
And also there are domains Estibot value of which decreased - for example, firstly was - $900, nowadays - $20

I don't know is it a real situation with Estibot, and can it increase or decrease domain price in dependence with the time period?
For example, can domain that was registered nowadays and having Estibot value $10 - take Estibot value $20.000 in future (in 20 years, for example) or it is mumbo jumbo?
Did the domain take higher value in time at all?

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You shouldn't attach much attention to estibot value as it does not reflect actual market prices, but a mix of various indicators.
You can see for yourself by looking at transaction prices in namebio.com and compare with estibot values. Sometimes, the match is excellent, sometimes it is very bad.

•••
Short answer, yes, either their algorithm changes, or the domain's metrics like search volume, CPC etc can change, which will lead to a change in valuation.

•••
So, as I understood, valuation can be changed at any monent either decrease or increase.
For example, today the valuation is $10.000, tomorrow can be $10 and vice versa - today may be $10, tomorrow will $10.000
Is it so?

•••
You should really just stop focusing on estibot appraisal values altogether. Those who know what estibot is already know better, and those that dont will be skeptical at best.

•••
I wouldn't take much notice...

•••
Forget about estibot and stick with namebio and DNjournal if you want to find value of your domains.

•••
Did you host the name, and build up some traffic and links?

•••
Did you host the name, and build up some traffic and links?
No, I didn't. Simply some months after my purchasing these domains lasted. And I listed these domains in different marketplaces (without parking).

•••
Estibot is worthless and always create confusion especially among newbies. Never ever rely or even check what Estibot shows the appraisal. Complete nonsense.

•••
Forget estibot evaluation! Check for transaction prices of comparable domains - reported at namebio and DNJ.

If a buyer mention estibot evaluation just tell him he should check the estibot evaluation of:
microsoft /dot/ com

:)

•••
If a buyer mention estibot evaluation just tell him he should check the estibot evaluation of:
microsoft /dot/ com

:)

$0 :xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.confused:O_o

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back