IT.COM

question Has anyone else noticed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

robert widener

Established Member
Impact
indians calling from small towns in usa ? , just got a call from an indian in eugene, mo( thats the city name that showed up on caller id anyway ) . every day i get calls from indians in small towns ive never heard of , lol . its gotten to the point to where im afraid to answer the phone anymore:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
LMAO, Yes-Yes. I get calls daily from local numbers and small town numbers in my state, some leave voice mails on google voice phone number, their english is so bad that i hardly understand one word of what they are saying, I am not sure they are from india though, I am not sure where they are from actually, although i have been able to pic up on some Nigerian voices. but yes, all week, every week.

•••
•••
Yes...using auto dialer that detects when the phone is answered and then the call is routed to a live person for the pitch.

Also, with a small bit of software and/or app, they can program the phone to deliver any number...generally a small town that would lend a degree of trust to the person being called.

•••
Yes...using auto dialer that detects when the phone is answered and then the call is routed to a live person for the pitch.

Also, with a small bit of software and/or app, they can program the phone to deliver any number...generally a small town that would lend a degree of trust to the person being called.
These programs can even tell if the number "no longer in service" ...they also sell list of active numbers to other companies!

•••
Hmm what did they want?

My guesses would be
- They wanted to sell you something that you don't want. :xf.grin:
- They wanted your bank account details. :xf.frown:
- They were looking for phone sex >:(

•••
An FYI post

Often people wonder 'how did they get my name and number?'

Below is a snippet of the fine print found on the website of a national company I spotted today:

"*By providing my number, I authorize MinuteClinic and its CVS Health affiliates to text and/or call me using an automated dialing system and/or prerecorded message."

The affiliate part could mean someone they sell a persons info to...

•••
They purchase USA telephone numbers and call people that live in the same area code. Much more likely for a person to answer an unidentified telephone call from the same area code.

And you try to buy numbers in area codes that have a lot of people and a higher income

•••
Read about (Google it) that guy in Miami ( i think) who just got busted for millions for doing what you are describing - the news articles explain how it works. Number spoofing of numbers people are likely to answer (local) increased the response rates several times over. I think he made like a billion autodial calls in a weekend or something crazy - and was spoofing big company caller name and ids

•••
And these scamming pricks also use some kind of recording so it sounds like a bunch of people are busy talking in the background

•••
It sounds that way because they are in a sales boiler room

•••
It sounds that way because they are in a sales boiler room
I think they are full of shit and playing a pre recording with a bunch of people talking, so they sound legit, one dude told me he had to do it, that he was in New York and if he stopped trying to fuck people playing the IRS, that the people who set up the scam would off him, I told him, you are in deep shit either way you look at it, I had the dude all discombobulated,

•••
Hmm what did they want?

My guesses would be
- They wanted to sell you something that you don't want. :xf.grin:
- They wanted your bank account details. :xf.frown:
- They were looking for phone sex >:(
all of the above:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
I think they are full of sh*t and playing a pre recording with a bunch of people talking, so they sound legit, one dude told me he had to do it, that he was in New York and if he stopped trying to f*ck people playing the IRS, that the people who set up the scam would off him, I told him, you are in deep sh*t either way you look at it, I had the dude all discombobulated,
:ROFL:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back