Dynadot

Calls From 8586300400 For SEO Services

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
I recently registered 2 domains on Uniregistry.com and I have been getting this SEO spam calls on my cellphone. I use my cell # on the whois for all the domains. Before these spammers used to e-mail and now they have moved to calling.

So many others are getting the same recorded calls:
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-858-630-0400

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How useful do you feel having your cell # on whois is?
Do you ever receive genuine calls from buyers or do they always contact you by email?

The reason I ask is I was reading an article earlier today about a guy who purchased a premium rate telephone number to tackle the number of phone calls he was receiving from 'cold callers.'

The premium rate number costs the caller 10p per minute of which the owner is paid 7p.
Instead of being annoyed by spam calls, he now encourages them and turns them into cash by placing the callers on hold or by playing along pretending to be interested in the services they are offering.

Obviously if you feel it is beneficial to have your # on whois then this wouldn't be for you.

•••
I have had many spam calls from Indian Folk regarding development over the year, if I am lucky I will be playing Electric Guitar at the time and the phone just goes next to the amp ........turns out they don't hard rock !!

•••
This was my first spam call regarding domain names. Never had any issue in the past.

How useful do you feel having your cell # on whois is?
Do you ever receive genuine calls from buyers or do they always contact you by email?

The reason I ask is I was reading an article earlier today about a guy who purchased a premium rate telephone number to tackle the number of phone calls he was receiving from 'cold callers.'

The premium rate number costs the caller 10p per minute of which the owner is paid 7p.
Instead of being annoyed by spam calls, he now encourages them and turns them into cash by placing the callers on hold or by playing along pretending to be interested in the services they are offering.

Obviously if you feel it is beneficial to have your # on whois then this wouldn't be for you.

Never had any end users call me. All the contacts have been through the whois email.

•••
This was my first spam call regarding domain names. Never had any issue in the past.
Never had any end users call me. All the contacts have been through the whois email.

I thought that would be the case.
If I ever experience a high volume of spam calls then a premium number for who.is it is then!
The emails are bad enough!

•••
It has been guaranteed that I will get a call, especially after a new reg, I think you can apply to see the new zone files and our info comes from there, normally a call would come within 24hrs of a new registration. When I say "not looking for development" the phone hangs up

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back