NameSilo

Do You Leave Your WHOIS Info Public?

Labeled as advice in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by gericsb, Nov 30, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. poweredbyme

poweredbyme Webmaster & Entrepreneur VIP

Mine is private always. But I still receive emails. Some registrars (namesilo, gd, name.com) redirect emails to the protected email address on private whois. Some (sav) just point to a static email address for all domains that doesn't redirect emails.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. RGP

RGP Established Member

If someone contacted you through your whois info and want to buy domain from your lander page, how does the transaction take place? Is it just a trust or they have to use some third party services like Escrow and Paypal, because they are not using any marketplace, so how it works?

3. cornell

cornell VCW.COM, BJR.COM FOR SALE Blue Account

To public if you are a domainer, not bad
    Not to public if you are in a project,

4. du6262

du6262 Established Member

The whoIS information for great domain names can be properly hidden, the general domain name depends on personal preference.However, be careful to protect your privacy.
    I hope you can get a good price:xf.smile:

5. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

I do i just don't answer the phone. I am not going to make it difficult to find me you just won't talk to me without an appointment. whoisdatatool.com

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  6. WatchDogue

WatchDogue Top Contributor VIP

Here it is privacy settings only for the past decade or so with any newly acquired domain names.

Why do we use " privacy only " ?

Same reasons you cited - seems nothing has changed re spammers, cons et al over the years.

7. jiy k

jiy k Established Member

If there are serious buyer, they will contact you through your registrar even when your privacy is on. But with Pri off you have to deal with spammers, opening each mail and reading them. Some carry links too which could be risky.
    But yes spammers also contact you thro your registrar but the no of such emails are very less.

8. kite26

kite26 Fearless Bird VIP

The only concern about spam is you may lose a lead, just ignoring your spam folder. Ok, go to the rule: always check carefully your spam folder. You never know. It has happened to me at past and I am sure it will happen again.
    Otherwise, spam just has to be ignored and periodically be deleted.

9. Bertrell

Bertrell Top Contributor VIP

If you have a secure ecommerce site or means to accept payment (with some kind of escrow component), then that would be the way to go. Otherwise, you should direct them to a marketplace where your domain is listed (Afternic, DAN, Epik, ToughDomains, Namesilo, Sedo, BrandBucket, Squadhelp, etc). You might end up with slightly less than the full amount (as you have to factor in whatever commission you'll be giving up to the marketplace) but that's usually the safest bet.

As much as we'd like to make it as easy as possible for serious buyers to purchase/rent our domains, care has to be taken if there's resistance to the recommended/preferred sales venue/method. Serious buyers will generally make an effort to utilize the existing payment methods, while most scammers will not.

10. AbdulBasit.com

AbdulBasit.com DomainsWeb.com AbdulBasit.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I always keep public. No sense of keeping private if the sole purpose is to sell the domain(s).

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice