Domain Empire

discuss .BZ - Next Extension to get bought up?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jacks86

Top Member
Impact
Just looking at what extensions seems to be popular, and I decided to do more research on .BZ because it's similar to .BIZ. We all know that .BIZ is very valuable now in the Number and short Letter categories, and perhaps .BZ will follow.

Just looking at the 3N.BZ's, there are less than half left(see attached file).

Again this is speculation, but when half of a range gone, things could go either way. Price isn't cheap, but it's not expensive like .IO.

Attachments

• .BZ 1 to 1000.pdf
    617.9 KB · Views: 42
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I grabbed a few to roll the dice on this one.

•••
I own only 2 .bz (the ones in my signature)

•••
Just looking at what extensions seems to be popular, and I decided to do more research on .BZ because it's similar to .BIZ. We all know that .BIZ is very valuable now in the Number and short Letter categories, and perhaps .BZ will follow.

Just looking at the 3N.BZ's, there are less than half left(see attached file).

Again this is speculation, but when half of a range gone, things could go either way. Price isn't cheap, but it's not expensive like .IO.
How much for the cheapest .bz registration and what registrar? Thanks for your post by the way. :)

•••
How much for the cheapest .bz registration and what registrar? Thanks for your post by the way. :)
You can get one for just under $20 at GoDaddy with code CJCRMN35

•••
I own only 2 .bz (the ones in my signature)

Finder, that's a great 4N! easy to remember 3N and 4N with the same number. Hang onto that one!

•••
I'm still shocked as to how many good 3N exist here. Looking at 100 to 999, it seems as if someone picked up lots of of non premiums trying to manually put in numbers until around 500 and then left a bunch of good ones. I bought 10 more and even a few 888N.bz.

I looked up .bz and on wikipedia it says that this extension was introduced in 1991, 10 years before .biz. Still believe it can gain just as much traction in popularity as .biz

•••
Taking a look at the first list I posted on Monday compared to now, I guess domainers have been busy buying some of them up.

Attachments

• .bz 1 to 1000.pdf
    617.9 KB · Views: 39
•••
Just did a quick tally and from 1 to 1000 (not including 0 starter 3N's) there are 454 left.

•••
@Jacks86 Do you know if there is anything weird that happens when you try to push/transfer .bz names? I have heard that this can happen with some ccTLDs.

•••
@Jacks86 Do you know if there is anything weird that happens when you try to push/transfer .bz names? I have heard that this can happen with some ccTLDs.

Nope, nothing funny in that sense. I know what you mean, .ch has that issue and I got 57 of those to deal with. As long as they go up in value, I can eat the cost for the transfer fee and the extra time. But as for .BZ, no issue whatsoever, I just did a screen shot to show everyone that it can be pushed:

upload_2015-12-23_16-19-39.png

•••
Just did a quick tally and from 1 to 1000 (not including 0 starter 3N's) there are 454 left.
Where do you reg them and how much are they Jacks?

•••
Where do you reg them and how much are they Jacks?

I reg at GoDaddy and they are $21CDN, so I think around $18US. Not the cheapest domain, but I think it's worth buying a few for sure. If .IO is making headway and it's $35US a piece, then .BZ for half of that is worth it.

•••
Chinese NNN.bz ..... all gone :)

•••
•••
I just checked 000 to 099 and there are still 72 left(see attached text file). So I would say right now between 000 and 999, 50% are left, which isn't bad considering this extension is still under the radar and I believe it will get the same wind .biz had because of the similar ending. It's not an overnight thing, but in 2016 odds are good.

Attachments

• bz.txt
    794 bytes · Views: 25
•••
Wow was I wrong, just decided to check everything from 000.bz to 999.bz at name.com and after putting them on an excel sheet, I got 324 out of 999. Somebody picked up over 100 in the last 24 hours. This might move faster than we think.

Attachments

• .BZ Dec 24 2015.txt
    13.6 KB · Views: 31
•••
I bought 35 Chinese NNN.bz over the past 24 hours.

Thank you @Jacks86 for bringing this idea public.

Why I like .BZ:
  • Reasonable renewal fee: $17.99 at GoDaddy
  • It's PinYin and I was told by an American who knows PinYin/Chinese that there are many good PinYin words you can make out of BZ
  • It's a shorter version of .BIZ, and can maybe draft off .BIZ's rising value
  • Very importantly: there are no restrictions on who can own
  • Also: as @Jacks86 pointed out above, there appears to be no issue with pushing/transferring .BZ
  • Finally, in general, I just see "different" extensions becoming more and more acceptable to consumers, domainers -- a lot of this has probably been caused by domain hacks which have been in use for years now, and URL shorteners. The new gTLD's are helping to make different extensions more acceptable, too

•••
thanks for the posts.
I registered 150 NNN.bz today.

•••
•••
•••
Hello Kerala, welcome aboard! That's quite the 3N.BZ portfolio. I used to have a similar sized one with 4N.INFO, but I sold it all and bought BZ, CH and IO.

•••

I don't suppose you happen to have run through the one, two and three character .bz's too? I'm aware that many of the one character .bz domain names are reserved. I've not checked the two and assume the three character are available unless already registered.

•••
I don't suppose you happen to have run through the one, two and three character .bz's too? I'm aware that many of the one character .bz domain names are reserved. I've not checked the two and assume the three character are available unless already registered.

I think a handful of people picked up every single 1-2 character domain on every existing extension a long time ago and most gTLD's and ccTLD's that are still available start at 3L, 3N, or a combination of numbers and letters.

I would be more inclined to buy 3L domains, except it's harder to search for them (17,560 L vs 1000 N) in combinations. Then there aren't any websites that can bulk search more than 1000 at a time except NameBright and that only works with .com and .net. But I'm sure 3L.BZ will also grow in demand along with 3N.BZ, just like it did with .BIZ

•••
.bz .ch .io is not the tld to get invest for chineese...don't waste ur money.ccTLD) for Belize

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back