Domain Empire

.ai Why I Bought My .ai Domain Name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
As a domain investor, I have never been a big fan of new domain extensions (domains that are not .com, .net, or .org). They can be expensive, risky, and confusing. But, as a website developer, I understand there are times where it is beneficial to use one. A year ago, I found myself looking for a domain for my artificial intelligence business, and all the good ones were already taken. I noticed that some companies in the industry were using .ai domains, so I decided that seemed like a good fit for what I was doing also. Because artificial intelligence is a cutting-edge technology, having a more modern domain extension projects an innovative image. And, more importantly, my first choice was available: impulse.ai (the name of my company is Impulse Communications).
deep_learning_meme_keras-768x539.png
Predicting the future is somewhat of a futile task. And, even if you do predict correctly, making money from your prediction is a whole different story. Maybe .com vs. the competition is just a small battle in a much bigger war. Maybe domain names will become unimportant 10 years from now, with everyone doing voice command searches on Siri, Google, and Amazon Echo. Maybe people will shift to using the next generation of apps or the next Facebook to find what they are looking for. People loved AOL and dial-up until something better came along. MySpace.com was cool until it wasn’t. Entrepreneurs who opened record stores, video rental stores and travel agencies obviously had no idea the end was soon coming. Even 5-10 years ago it was standard to have a home phone number and cable TV; now not so much...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back