IT.COM

.bz is it worth?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello members,

Is it worth renewing a 2 letter dot " .bz ? example: df.bz (it is not mine) ? or even a generic word?

Thanks, Guys!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is a difficult one to answer. I have a several different ccTLD's in my portfolio... including .bz (2 letter, and 1 words). I like to have a diverse portfolio because you just never know who's going to come knocking.

Whether or not it's worth it... it's hard to say. Will you at least get your investment back?... probably. Will a 2 letter .bz be the "BIG ONE", probably not - I'm willing to take those risks from a business standpoint. It's really is a personal choice. There are many different opinions on the matter, so it will be tough to gauge the actual "worth" from a community standpoint.

When dealing with ccTLD's I generally only register names that have very high Overture or Wordtracker numbers. If I come across a 2 letter .bz that doesn't have much going for it... I'd pass, as with any other ccTLD. It has to be extraordinary. That is the key.

Just an opinion~

Jennifer

•••
Thanks for the feedback, Jennifer!

What do other members thinK?

Appreciated!

•••
I would try and sell it before having to renew. If it's no.bz or it.bz or even ex.bz than I would keep it, but two letter .bz's aren't worth as much as several renewals at those high fees...

•••
I'd say it's worth someting only if the two letters mean something. Maybe tv.bz, for example. But 7f.bz or similar isn't worth anything IMHO. But you can try to convince someone and sell :)

•••
maybe keeping a few two letter .bz is ok on case a market suddenly springs up

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back