Domain Empire

Buying on Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello hope this is the right thread!

Hi,

I was wondering about buying websites on sedo as they don't give to much info on the actual sites, How can i find out more about what there selling, Is it a good place to buy from :wave:

Chris

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You could always check the whois and contact the owner.

•••
Yer i done that with one, but i just thought there might be a fasterway liek on ebay you can ask questions etc.

•••
you could submit a low bid and then type in your questions in the box and then tell the person you may bid higher once they answer your questions, but I think the whois lookup would be the easiest

•••
•••
In some of the other threads here there seems to be concern over lack of trust, on behalf of either the person buying or selling the domain name.
Several people seem to suggest using an escrow company, but some didn't want to spend the money for that service.
Wouldn't it be easier to sell through Sedo so that they can make sure the sale goes smoothly and no one gets burned?
As long as I'm getting a decent price, why should I mind if Sedo earns a small percentage?
What are your thoughts?
>
>Just curious, Neo

•••
Good points Neo, I think the reason folks want to talk outside of Sedo typically is that the comments are quicker (Sedo monitors all comments to make sure they don't violate TOS, but there is a delay, especially over the weekend).
However, most will end up selling through Sedo anyway, as the "trust" factor wins out, and it's nice to know that for 10% of FV you will in fact get your money ;)
-Allan

•••
I just purchased a name on Sedo and it is a slow process.

After I paid for it their status page still said awaiting funds as apparently it does not automatically update.

I also got sent to a German Sedo page during the negotiations, not very user friendly.

It does give you an element of safety although I dont worry too much about that unless there is a large amount of money at stake.

Just check out who you are dealing with and that you dont only have a hotmail email accont as your only contact for example.

If you buy a name through this forum (or one of the many others) you can at least alert people if the seller does not act appropriately.

•••
Hey,

Another thing is if i brought example.com which lets say got 1,000 uniques a month on sedo when i got it would i then get all that traffic?

•••
komp said:
Hey,

Another thing is if i brought example.com which lets say got 1,000 uniques a month on sedo when i got it would i then get all that traffic?

you should do, assuming tha thte traffic is not artificially created.

•••
What shall i ask the owner, if it is'nt artificially created does this mean people are searching for this exact word on search engines :tu:

Chris

•••
Most domains on sedo are domain names only,and not websites. Unless it specifically states website, I'd assume you are only getting a domain name. Don't buy on the basis of an existing website unless you have some written verification.

•••
the websites are in a seperate category at sedo, should show a "W" symbol next to the domain to indicate website.

•••
Yes i was asking about traffic for a domain if when you buy it you get there traffic :tri:

•••
You shouldn’t trust the traffic that Sedo shows. There are many ways to increase that figure to sell better the domain. If you are trying to buy an expensive domain I would suggest that you contact the owner previously and ask him to point the dns to you for a few days so you can monitor its traffic. You can offer to pay him the revenue of these days so he doesn’t lose money.

•••
Thabks alot, I probaly will only buy a domain with a good name now for under $50 :red: :tu:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back