question Buyer payment is pending.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rokarmy

Established Member
Impact
Hi!

I am a individual domain seller.
I'm looking for advice because the sales in progress are not moving forward.
(My English is not so fluent. Please understand it.)

The price agreed with the buyer is about $37,000.00 USD.
The buyer is a tech company in India.

I created a transaction on DAN.com and the buyer also accepted this transaction.
However, the funds were not secured for two weeks and I received a new email from the buyer today.
It is the company's finance team who sent the email.
We need to go through regular transaction ie by releasing purchase order.
Please help us to complete this transaction as below.

By releasing purchase order, for this we need to create vendor ID in our vendor master and we we need few statutory documents to create vendor ID.

or

Please let us know your authorized resellers in India, so that we can release order on authorized resellers.

or

Please help to complete this transaction by routing through our registered vendore (we will provide vednor details).

What should I do to move forward at this stage?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi!

I am a individual domain seller.
I'm looking for advice because the sales in progress are not moving forward.
(My English is not so fluent. Please understand it.)

The price agreed with the buyer is about $37,000.00 USD.
The buyer is a tech company in India.

I created a transaction on DAN.com and the buyer also accepted this transaction.
However, the funds were not secured for two weeks and I received a new email from the buyer today.
It is the company's finance team who sent the email.

Looks like this is a scam. Hope it's not, but beware. Especially when you propose to use escrow A and then they want you to use another escrow B.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like this is a scam. Hope it's not, but beware. Especially when you propose to use escrow A and then they want you to use another escrow B.
Thank you for your advice. I think maybe this deal is not a scam. Because the buyer is a big tech company and the email address has been verified. I just don't understand why these require complicated processes.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
"It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled"
-Mark Twain

•••
How did the lead came trough?
Did they contacted you directly via mail?

Did you purchased a high cost appraisal certificate they were asking for?

Last edited:
•••

Please help to complete this transaction by routing through our registered vendore (we will provide vednor details).

If this the mail they sent verbatim, it is a scam. Check the spelling of " vendor".

Last edited:
•••
How did the lead came trough?
Did they contacted you directly via mail?
I am a server programmer and I host all the domains I sell myself.
I create my own landing page and sell my domain. The buyer contacted the email address on the landing page.

Did you purchased a high cost appraisal certificate they were asking for?
What is it? I've never heard of that.

•••
•••
I am a server programmer and I host all the domains I sell myself.
I create my own landing page and sell my domain. The buyer contacted the email address on the landing page.

What is it? I've never heard of that.

To put it straightforward:

Do not use any escrow they are suggesting, while you have already started an escrow at DAN.

Last edited:
•••
If this the mail they sent verbatim, it is a scam. Check the spelling of " vendor".
Oh, thank you for your advice. I didn't notice it.
I don't really understand this complicated content.

•••
Do not use any escrow they are suggesting, while you have already started an escrow at DAN.
Thanks, I really mean it. I will really keep your words in mind.

•••
Oh, thank you for your advice. I didn't notice it.
I don't really understand this complicated content.

Ask for the contact number of finance person and talk. E-mail can be spoofed, you know.

Please update us here as to progress on this, for community's sake.

•••
•••

Hi

many companies pay for services, products, etc, via a vendor id

i suggest you contact them by phone to discuss the process

as long as you keep domain in your possession, until payment is received, then any loss should only be time wasted... if deal falls thru

if you have a bank, maybe they can wire payment if deal is reached and you can bypass that 3rd party commission

imo...

•••
Thanks for the advice I understand now.

Some additional info on what they are probably want to do. They direct you to a fake escrow service that looks legit to you. They show a fake proof of payment. You transfer your domain. You lost your domain without getting paid.

Remember: a trusted escrow service will protect both the buyer (their money) and the seller (their domain).

•••
Ask for the contact number of finance person and talk. E-mail can be spoofed, you know.

Please update us here as to progress on this, for community's sake.
I will keep updating if there is any change.
I also like to talk on the phone and want to do so, but my English is not fluent.

•••
I will keep updating if there is any change.
I also like to talk on the phone and want to do so, but my English is not fluent.

Why not ask them why they didn't proceed with the DAN escrow you initiated? Don't call them, you will give them even more personal info................. Help.

•••
many companies pay for services, products, etc, via a vendor id

i suggest you contact them by phone to discuss the process

as long as you keep domain in your possession, until payment is received, then any loss should only be time wasted... if deal falls thru

if you have a bank, maybe they can wire payment if deal is reached and you can bypass that 3rd party commission
Phone calls are probably the best way. It's difficult for me, but I'll think about it.

•••
Why not ask them why they didn't proceed with the DAN escrow you initiated? Don't call them, you will give them even more personal info................. Help.
I am the first to deal over $30K like this one. So I'm wondering if this is a normal procedure, so I ask. I don't think this is a normal procedure.

Last edited:
•••
Phone calls are probably the best way. It's difficult for me, but I'll think about it.

Hi

a phone call is best way to validate whom you are dealing with.
this also can establish long lasting relationship

don't let the grammar be a barrier, as you can inform them of that in beginning of conversation

they are not interested in how well your english is, so focus on the task at hand

as long as you can communicate your thoughts and understand their directives for vendor setup, then it shouldn't be a problem

imo...

•••
"It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled"
-Mark Twain
Thanks for your advice. I'll keep that in mind.

•••
Also, any big tech company will have some contact mail info on website and you can send a mail to their corporate dept and in turn they will send to their finance dept.

That way you will know it is genuine.

•••
Some additional info on what they are probably want to do. They direct you to a fake escrow service that looks legit to you. They show a fake proof of payment. You transfer your domain. You lost your domain without getting paid.

Remember: a trusted escrow service will protect both the buyer (their money) and the seller (their domain).
I usually accept payments via DAN.com and Escrow.com. The same goes for this sale. Thanks for the your advice.

•••
Also, any big tech company will have some contact mail info on website and you can send a mail to their corporate dept and in turn they will send to their finance dept.

That way you will know it is genuine.
Thanks for reply. As you said, I looked at the website, but it is full of company and product introductions. No employee information can be found. I will try to make a phone call tomorrow.

•••
Back