IT.COM

question Buy Now vs Make an Offer ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Buy Now or Make an Offer ?

  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

dropdomain

Established Member
Impact
261
Buy Now vs Make an Offer?

I asked for the domains appraisal, but after I got answers I became more confused than I had been before

"as a name is fine but I think someone is already using that brand"

"if you find an interested person he surely would be ready to pay thousands and even more
I would say put it in "make offer" for some months"

Buy Now or Make an Offer
Which option is best to use?
 
Last edited:
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most services offer both, e.g. you accept offers and have a buy-it-now price. This is also good because the buy-it-now price is roughly indicative of what you expect for the domain.

Unless you're unsure of your domain's value you should utilize both. Because the right buyer may come around tomorrow and settle for something else if he can't get what he's looking for.
 
2
•••
1
•••
Hello,
Each has its own benefits,:
  • Buy now is quick, direct and clear.
  • Make offer gives you the ability to squeeze more potential profit and not leaving money on the table as they say.
As a general rule, if you really believe in the value of your domain, it's not a strange approach to use make offer, BIN is more for 2-4 figure names " generally but not as a solid rock rule".

Good luck!
 
2
•••
BuyNow
360_F_402127155_J4Vb03YvAj9URfEbA1uQgNILvDjpaSij.jpg


I'm using BuyNow for most of my domains.
Why? - on most marketplaces there is MIN offer level, as for me, it's crazy to use Offer when potencial buyers know minimum. You may use Make offer on your own landing pages or where is no min offer.

If you are confused, use make an offer(without min) and relax, before you will got ant offers :ROFL:
IMO
 
5
•••
If it's a decent enough name and you have a reasonable understanding of domain values Then Buy-Now is always the easiest way of closing a sale. If you really are lost in domain values, then Make-offer allows you time to dig deeper into 'Usage' etc, If and when an offer comes along.

Personally I prefer to do the research (in my spare time) and list as Buy-now. Make-offer can often end up very time consuming (when you least have it to spare) and low ball offers that lead no where. Sure you can list with a minimum offer but why not go the extra mile a be done with it. then you can forget about it. The choice often comes down to portfolio size.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
I asked for the domains appraisal, but after I got answers I became more confused than I had been before
Hi

maybe you should have just picked a price between those you posted from past sales and be done with it.

imo...
 
4
•••
For me it's BIN on Sedo and make offer on Afternic

I would personally not have a BIN and make offer option on the same lander - looks weak imo
 
11
•••
Hi

maybe you should have just picked a price between those you posted from past sales and be done with it.

imo...
I've already put a fixed price, BIN
Thanks for advice
 
0
•••
I've already put a fixed price, BIN
Thanks for advice


If you put Buy It Now and for a long time no one buys your domain, you will start doubting your price and may decide to reduce it. More time, more reductions.

You may start to stop worrying and worry is your enemy.
 
2
•••
If you put Buy It Now and for a long time no one buys your domain, you will start doubting your price and may decide to reduce it. More time, more reductions.

You may start to stop worrying and worry is your enemy.
If I put Buy It Now and for a long time more chances to generate a Sale

More time, more chances to generate a sale, it's simple math, kid:)

If a domain is for sale for 10 min and if it's for sale for 10 years where are more chances to get a SaleπŸ€”

If you put Buy It Now and someone buysπŸ’Έ, I will buy your company BusinessBrands with you

Don't worry be happy
 
Last edited:
0
•••
If I put Buy It Now and for a long time more chances to generate a Sale

More time, more chances to generate a sale, it's simple math, kid:)

If a domain is for sale for 10 min and if it's for sale for 10 years where are more chances to get a SaleπŸ€”

If I put Buy It Now and someone buysπŸ’Έ, I will buy your company BusinessBrands with you

Don't worry be happy
I mean

If I'll put Buy It Now and someone buysπŸ’°, I will buy your company BusinessBrands with you

Don't worry be happy:)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Buy Now vs Make an Offer ?

Very important to vote
 
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
buy now on lower end domains 1-10k as those are easier decisions for a buyer to pull the trigger on and it gets ya the distribution networks of sedo/afternic

higher end domains make offer as less likely someone will buy it now at 25,50,100k etc... without discussion first
 
Last edited:
4
•••
buy now on lower end domains 1-10k as those are easier decisions for a buyer to pull the trigger on and it gets ya the distribution networks of sedo/afternic

higher end domains make offer as less likely someone will buy it now at 25,50,100k etc... without discussion first
Same here.

I have around 50% of my domains priced. Most of these are priced in a $2K - $10K price range with some being lower or higher. The other 50% are mainly unpriced with "make offer" landers.

The sell-through rate is much higher on priced domains, though the average sales price is much higher on "make offer" domains.

Brad
 
Last edited:
8
•••
Same here.

I have around 50% of my domains priced. Most of these are priced in a $2K - $10K price range with some being lower or higher. The other 50% are mainly unpriced with "make offer" landers.

The sell-through rate is much higher on priced domains, though the average sales price is much higher on "make offer" domains.

Brad
I'm probably around 20% priced as of today. In the near future I'll bring this up to probably 40-50% as well.
 
8
•••
For me, I try a pricing strategy something similar to the following flow chart:

1677573928113.png
 
3
•••
0
•••
0
•••
I personally go for buy-it-now and sometimes I add make an offer (50% of buy-it-now). That way I can communicate what I want for the domain, but still allow for a little leeway in case I end up holding on to it for too long. If I had to choose only one it would be buy-it-now.

Of course this also means that you have to price your domains fairly.
 
1
•••
0
•••
Back