IT.COM

advice Make offer format diluting domain value

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
For many of my domain names listed for sale, I have a “Make Offer” option next to the buy it now price. Domain name pricing isn’t science for me, and if I miss the mark by a considerable amount, a prospective buyer may simply choose an alternative domain name. I rely on domain name sales to fund the majority of my business, so I would prefer to give someone the option to make an offer rather than pass over an overpriced domain name...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't like Make Offer personally. It confuses many buyers, and wastes a lot of time. If the buyer really wants to make an offer, they will contact you via whois, your website or through a domain broker.

•••
I price some , and use make offer on some . When a potential buyer arrives to my portfolio , what I have priced could give them a decent indication as to whether they feel my pricing is to high to them .. priced and BIN does work better in my case , but names that will require over say $3000 to purchase , I go with make offer because I need the buyers pulse on a price to see if we are even going to be able to negotiate.

•••
I need to get rid of that. If make offer was a thing HD would use it, they know what works

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back