WARNING Wild West domain forwarding bug

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
30
I have not tried this in GoDaddy but in Wild West there is a HUGE bug in forwarding.

If you have your domains sorted by folders and go in to change forwarding for the entire folder and have more than 100 domains in a folder DO NOT SELECT ALL PAGES.

If you select all pages say you have two pages with 150 domains total and want to just change the forwarding on those 150 domains, if you select all pages from the drop down, you will change ALL FORWARDING FOR ALL DOMAINS IN YOUR ACCOUNT IN ALL FOLDERS.

This is bug that I have reported to wild west.

This has screwed up dozens and dozens of domains because I had them forwarded to specific pages at different websites. Now I have no way to find those specific pages again.

So, DO NOT SELECT ALL PAGES WHEN FORWARDING.

GoDaddy support could not replicate the problem and I got the impression that they were not too concerned about this bug.

They refused to give me a credit. Now I have to reforward all my domains.

This MAY be a bug with nameserver changes too. BE CAREFUL.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back