Dynadot

information Brent Oxley Loses Access to Create.com, Plus Millions of Dollars Worth of His Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Brent Oxley, the founder of HostGator, has been accruing a portfolio of ultra-premium domain names since he sold his hosting company for close to $300 million in 2013.

With purchases such as Give.com for $500,000, Broker.com for $375,000, and Texas.com for $1,007,500, Oxley has spent millions of dollars over the past few years accumulating this collection. According to his website, the portfolio is worth more than $25 million.

Oxley has now, however, lost access to a proportion of his portfolio

Read the full report on my blog

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
OMG

This is just so stupid

barybadrinath does not have a pot to piss in, the Indian court has absolutelely no jurisdiction in the USA.

barybadrinath would have to file in the USA, which is his option, but wait until he gets a bill from the first US lawyer asking for a 10k financial retainer, barybadrinath will tuck his tail between his legs and climb back under the rock he came from.

Worst case Oxley will tie it up in legal until barybadrinath is flat broke.

barybadrinath only has one possibility for success and that is to get a financial backer for the court case.
Anybody that entertains that is as clueless as he and deserves what he gets.

This little escapade hurt all parties barybadrinath, Oxley, and godaddy.

The more attention this troll gets the more he will crave.

The absolute best case scenario now that the domains are released is that Oxley sues the hell out of him in Indian court and the outcome is irrelevant other than to financially bankrupt barybadrinath until he has to get a real job driving a cab or something and no longer has the time to pull these shenanagins.

Last edited:
•••
In case of domain names, I think it is assumed by all Registrar TOS that the jurisdiction is that of the Registrar location.
The problem with Godaddy is that it has legal presence in 53 countries. Then they should state on their TOS what happens in that case. But they should protect the rights of their customer, who is paying for the asset.
If it would be a land or a house, it would prevail the country of the asset without a doubt.
They can office in North Korea all i care. LOL
Most of Godaddy’s business is from US.

Godaddy US Revenue feels like from 90% US
and 10% Rest of the world. It’s a weakness.
Strange they’d alienate most their US clients...

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
They can office in North Korea all i care. LOL
Most of Godaddy’s business is from US.

Godaddy US Revenue feels like from 90% US
and 10% Rest of the world. It’s a weakness.
Strange they’d alienate most their US clients...

Hi Samer,

Where can I find this geographic market info you're referring to? I had a quick look in the Q4 2020 Report, and only found that international markets see a 12% year on year growth for Godaddy.

Last edited:
•••
Hi Samer,

Where can I find this geographic market info you're referring to? I had a quick look in the Q4 2020 Report, and only found that international markets see a 12% year on year growth for Godaddy.

Sorry i was spitballing; always glaring Godaddy weakness. i remember Aman’s hired CEO. I read one commentator (not NP) say Aman’s race’d help provide propel grow global

i dont know if did better worse global market.
i’m too busy fighting global monopoly here LOL

shouldnt be hard; their public ticker: GDDY

Last edited:
•••
Why not EPIK BRENT!!

STILL LOVE YOU!! these are the names we dream of.

(Yet to see Namecheap post?
Why Namecheap, recommendation?
They fight for Registrant rights, i’ll give ya
but no comment by Dynadot and i think NC...

In any case..love epik! Rob Fought whole way.
Namecheap isnt bad, they will fight FB in court; just that hefty .com renewal... hey.. at least they bought Cluster.com! Announced by CEO !

Still following this saga, happy for Brent;
industry change so purgatory doesn again.

Yo Brent! Smooth using @create.com name. that one’s my favorite

Last edited:
•••
hey.. at least they bought Cluster.com! Announced by CEO !

That's a good domain. They've secured some nice domains and great brands for their business.

•••
•••
Congratulations to @create.com on a successful outcome to a a sordid saga and well done to all concerned in voicing contempt about as much, here at NamePros!

Steak for dinner.

Last edited:
•••
So, the Hague COS did a thing and that's the reason why GD can't keep @create.com domains locked. Pffff :cigar: #Fogging

Last edited:
•••
@LoodeX What part you didn't understand: The Hague COS or Fogging (domains unlock March 17)
cos.jpg

Last edited:
•••
It is about time!!
Brent was taken hostage by someone who wants to extort him and worst of all GD is the enabler.
Those people involve at GD’s sides should be fired for their incompetence and in Japan, when the leaders are at wrong…you know what happen to them….

Brent should sue for pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress- anxiety, depression and most importantly sexual distress.

•••
Last edited:
•••
i dont even think @LoodeX understands why disagreeing. it primal impulse when got nothing —

@Samer All good! :)
The majority of comments don't reflect reality. The GD rep posting was sort of cover up made, but in reality, GD will not unlock domains if they didn't get served w the HCOS. Simple as that.

But ... I believe, many of us will continue to think about the lessons learned from the B.O. vs GD vs PA case and the GD legal dep. fogging game.

Maybe, legal dep. @ GD listen to the ICA & co. minds but what's needed is relatively clear: ICANN Reform Act - Domain name ownership contract vs registered name Holder rights.

Regards

•••
what's needed is relatively clear: ICANN Reform Act - Domain name ownership contract vs registered name Holder rights.
Regards

That's great!

We also need to watch what the Registrars do in the background as far as the way that our domains are being handled in their backend systems.

Some Registrars can transfer our domains internally between their affiliates and branches without us ever knowing about it
which could affect the legal jurisdiction that applies to our domains. Using one of those $0.99 coupons could also put you in a different jurisdiction depending on which affiliate or branch is involved as I had mentioned in the "Collectively Owned Registrar" thread earlier:

Those $0.99 coupons from the different affiliates and branches of some of the Registrars can put your domains under a different jurisdiction.

IMO

I believe that the Registrants must receive a formal notice through email informing them of all matters and changes related to their domains and those changes have to be justified and not be made just for someone elses convenience.

Also there should not be any latches or restrictions put on a domain in the background without the Registrants having received an official notification through email about it from the Registrar indicating the legal justification for it.

Our Rights have to be protected as much as when it comes to what Registrars and Registries do out in the open as what they do in their backend operations in the background that we might have not been notified about.

(By the way I hope that this thread doesn’t get deleted now.)

IMO

•••
In conclusion to my comments in this thread I would like to mention that I am not necessarily against a company perusing and believing in a certain ideology as long as it doesn’t discriminate against those who might have opposing ideologies or points of view.

So any individual, company, or CEO should be entitled to be able to have their own points of view and should be allowed to openly indicate the beliefs and ideologies that they want to have both in their personal lives and when it comes to the direction that they want their business or company to take as long as they respect everyone else’s rights (including their customers) and as long as they don’t go out of their way to silence (cancel) others.

Ultimately I am hoping that all opposing sides can ascend to a higher level of thinking and existence and find common grounds over the kind of Universal Principles and Values that have been derived from Logic and Compassion.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations to Brent and I hope the rest of his troubles will soon be settled. Whetehr GoDaddy will hold to their declaration for lesser known registrants remains to be seen.

If GoDaddy really do have the interests of domainers and of registrants at heart, they have a chance very quickly to underline that in two days time at the Nominet AGM. They must vote "Yes" or no *.uk domain buyer will ever believe their interests lie with us.

•••
Great decision from GD and congratulations to Brent and to NP community who made this possible.

•••
In conclusion to my comments in this thread I would like to mention that I am not necessarily against a company perusing and believing in a certain ideology as long as it doesn’t discriminate against those who might have opposing ideologies or points of view.

IMO

Agreed. The problem is that corporations haven't really made an effort to practice this, nor does it appear that they intend to. I have no problem with ANY company overtly preaching certain ideologies to the public, or even a company that's biased. What I do have a problem with, is when a company blatantly virtue signals on a daily basis, and then pretends that they're not biased, and then only takes action when there's an uproar of their questionable actions. I just ask companies to admit their biases, so that I can take my business elsewhere. There's really no need to try and hide it when confronted. It's also not necessary to label your customers as "conspiracy theorists" while concurrently giving non factual retorts how nobody at GoDaddy could ever possibly implement their bias in a corporate decision.

So yeah, it's awesome that Brent has his domains now. However, how much does anyone here want to wager that if it wasn't for public pressure and scrutiny, that @create.com still wouldn't have his domains? Anyone? We have to ask why that is. The answer to that question is one of the core issues with not just GoDaddy, but any company who might be abusing their power(s) in this increasingly cancel culture world.

It's too little too late, IMO. I also highly doubt there will be any sudden, magical paradigm shifts in Godaddy's political leaning ideologies OR that somehow, anyone with authority at GoDaddy will magically prevent their own biases from ever swaying decisions in the future. Does anyone here really believe that crap? Humans will be humans. Corporate ideology is literally a microculture in and of itself. If you're an employee that overtly shows disapproval of that culture, sooner or later you likely ain't got a job. So, if anything, I'd wager that pushing their social justice positions onto their customers will only increase in the near future.

Last edited:
•••
Great decision from GD and congratulations to Brent and to NP community who made this possible.
So anybody got fired at GD for their incompetence?

•••
So, if anything, I'd wager that pushing their social justice positions onto their customers will only increase in the near future.

We need to expose the biases that cause discrimination, infringement, and overreach when it comes to Customers, Employees, or Registrants (and also the smaller companies and organizations that might be the victim in certain cases).

First we need to decide whether to establish a new Association that can fight for our rights and that can voice our collective concerns to the big players in the domain Industry or whether it's better to beef up the ICA and change it from a one man operation that selectively chooses when to protect us to a real Association that has transparency and accountability.

Then we need to make sure that we don't let our own biases and ideologies make us criticize some elements of the domain Industry while giving a pass to those whom we like. We have to make sure that the Association is not used as a tool to make one sided attacks on anyone.

It's a fact that people will try to get away with things if they (and their legal department) think that nobody is watching or that nobody has the power, smarts, resources, and the connections to do anything about it.

So going forward we have to keep watching the Industry like a hawk and we have to join forces through an Association (that is not controlled or bought by the big players) so that we can take action when and as needed.

IMO

•••
•••
Wish you well with things Brent!

•••
so what now??
SOS--same old Sheet
no consequences to the guilty ones.
everyone got away hands free except Brent

•••
  • How are things going? What's going on now?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back