Dynadot

information Brent Oxley Loses Access to Create.com, Plus Millions of Dollars Worth of His Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Brent Oxley, the founder of HostGator, has been accruing a portfolio of ultra-premium domain names since he sold his hosting company for close to $300 million in 2013.

With purchases such as Give.com for $500,000, Broker.com for $375,000, and Texas.com for $1,007,500, Oxley has spent millions of dollars over the past few years accumulating this collection. According to his website, the portfolio is worth more than $25 million.

Oxley has now, however, lost access to a proportion of his portfolio

Read the full report on my blog

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is kind of funny that most of the domainers in this topic were parroting that the case was filed in India by a mere $12 court fee. When I heard the same argument repeated in the domainsherpa show, I thought it had to be clarified. I had gone through the court document as posted in the blog of jamesnames. Mr. Puneet did file it in a sessions court, which is a lower court of prominence in India. But court fees do vary.. It is significantly less at the lower level and increases as it moves to India's High or Supreme court.

If you didn't know… the fee to file a Habeas corpus petition in USA courts costs a mere $5, and a civil case would be around $350. Please check the below links

www(.)law(.)cornell(.)edu/uscode/text/28/1914

www(.)cand(.)uscourts(.)gov/about/clerks-office/court-fees/

I am not at all defending Puneet or his actions; he should fend for himself. But, I have a fundamental problem with all your thinking. Domainers at large seem to think that only the rich should have a right to file a case, and the court fees should be set accordingly to the rich. Shouldn't a poor in a country like the USA or, for that matter, anywhere in the world not have a right to law? Shouldn't the court fee be less or nil?

•••
Why do you give yourself the right to jump in and make these personal attacks on me when I and @create.com have been engaging in a friendly conversation that in my opinion helped both of us to expand our horizons and made us able to see the situation from the other side's perspective which is exactly what an intelligent and civilized discussion between two people is supposed to bring about.

@create.com is fully capable to express what's on his mind himself without you trying to act as his enforcer and I hope that he would chime in to tell you how out of place and rude your comment here has been.

IMO

In case you haven't noticed, this is a public forum. You're choosing to comment in the public space, so yes, anyone can "jump in here". So again, it is you, who's choosing to passively harass Brent under the guise of "friendly conversation", when in fact he's already stated that he strongly disagrees with you. Anyone here can go back and look at your previous comments on this thread, and how you wasted no time in letting everyone know how appalled you are with Brent's private animal/ranch practices.

Listen, you're continuing to virtue signal to him publicly and it's nauseating. What's "rude", is the fact that you continue to spew your perception of what it means to have a virtuous life, all over a business-centric forum, and then you attempt to compel others to agree with your perceived virtues. So, don't get this twisted. Also, insinuating that others are not being "intelligent or civil", merely on basis that they're simply pointing out your ongoing attempts to post about moral correctness, is rather trite and transparent.

Last edited:
•••
In case you haven't noticed, this a public forum. You're choosing to comment in the public space, so yes, anyone can "jump in here". So again, it is you, who's choosing to passively harass Brent under the guise of "friendly conversation", when in fact he's already stated that he strongly disagrees with you. Anyone here can go back and look at your previous comments on this thread, and how you wasted no time in letting everyone know how appalled you are with Brent's animal/ranch practices.

Listen, you're continue to virtue signal to him publicly and it's nauseating. What's "rude", is the fact that you continue to spew your perception of what it means to have a virtuous life, all over a business-centric forum, and then you attempt to compel others to agree with your perceived virtues. So, don't get this twisted. Also, insinuating that others are not being "intelligent or civil", merely on basis that they're simply pointing out your ongoing attempts to post about moral correctness, is rather trite and transparent.

If @create.com thinks that my comments have been excessively harsh then I'll rather hear that from he himself,

You don't need to act as his enforcer, I am sure that he doesn't like that either.

As I already said making all these personal attacks on me makes you come across as being the most bias person in this whole thread. (even worse than Godaddy)

IMO

Last edited:
•••
If @create.com thinks that my comments have been excessively harsh then I'll rather hear this from he himself,

As I said you don't need to act as his enforcer, I am sure he doesn't like that either.

Enforcer? Again, I'm simply taking the time to tell you how ridiculous your posts within this thread are. Did you not already read Brent's reply to you? In a nutshell, he essentially said to bugger off and read his blog. Also, at the end of the day, he doesn't owe you anything. He doesn't have to reply to you if he doesn't want to. If you want to compel people into believing what you believe, if you want to preach your perceptions of virtue, whether it's about saving animals or how you feel that everyone should get a vaccine, then perhaps you'd get more traction if you trolled people on gab or parler.

•••
Enforcer? Again, I'm simply taking the time to tell you how ridiculous your posts within this thread are. Did you not already read Brent's reply to you? In a nutshell, he essentially said to bugger off and read his blog. Also, at the end of the day, he doesn't owe you anything. He doesn't have to reply to you if he doesn't want to. If you want to compel people into believing what you believe, if you want to preach your perceptions of virtue, whether it's about saving animals or how you feel that everyone should get a vaccine, then perhaps you'd get more traction if you trolled people on gab or parler.
+1

•••

The more you attack me the more your true biases are going to show.

So it seems that it's not just Godaddy here that is trying to bully others into silence after all.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Oi @oldtimer and @The Rover this thread is not about you and your little wars.
You two get a room ffs...

•••
It is kind of funny that most of the domainers in this topic were parroting that the case was filed in India by a mere $12 court fee. When I heard the same argument repeated in the domainsherpa show, I thought it had to be clarified. I had gone through the court document as posted in the blog of jamesnames. Mr. Puneet did file it in a sessions court, which is a lower court of prominence in India. But court fees do vary.. It is significantly less at the lower level and increases as it moves to India's High or Supreme court.

If you didn't know… the fee to file a Habeas corpus petition in USA courts costs a mere $5, and a civil case would be around $350. Please check the below links

www(.)law(.)cornell(.)edu/uscode/text/28/1914

www(.)cand(.)uscourts(.)gov/about/clerks-office/court-fees/

I am not at all defending Puneet or his actions; he should fend for himself. But, I have a fundamental problem with all your thinking. Domainers at large seem to think that only the rich should have a right to file a case, and the court fees should be set accordingly to the rich. Shouldn't a poor in a country like the USA or, for that matter, anywhere in the world not have a right to law? Shouldn't the court fee be less or nil?

I get your overall point here. There should be one justice system for everyone.

However, this fails to recognize a few things specifically related to this case.

1.) The reason the filing fee was pointed out is in relation to the value of the assets involved. If it was $5, $12, or $350 it doesn't really matter in this case. We are talking about locking many millions of dollars in domains. The disparity is the issue.

2.) Lawsuits need to be filed in courts that have jurisdiction over parties. A US citizen with US based assets is not subject to a foreign courts judgement until a court with actual authority over the plaintiff signs off on it.

This is especially important because not every court on Earth has the same standards.

3.) According to court records, the case was essentially in limbo. The plaintiff failed to serve the defendant in well over a year, with no end in sight.

Again, Puneet is still free to pursue his case. There was just no reason the domains should have been locked in the first place in relation to this business dispute.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

I have no fight (War) with anyone,

He is the one who is trying to silence my voice because of his own biases and agendas.

As I already said I was engaging in an intelligent and civilized discussion before he started making all these personal attacks on me.

IMO

Signing out for now.

•••
Stop

GD and co. doing a great job. They show ... that they are going to be a very nice and lock your domains no matter what... till you hit them back. The company has been using stick and carrot for a long period and most of the D get used to it. Now you know. What you don’t know is that many people are going to continue using their services, no matter what. AN/GD 20% + $ domain brokerage service + domain valuation (lowering your price) + random “sales person” (no, they’re not brokers) will ask you “do you accept... less $”. If you don’t... well , there’s ton of alt names sitting in the NF portfolio. Have a fun.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
The more you attack me the more your true biases are going to come out.

So it seems that it's not just Godaddy here that is trying to bully others into silence after all.

IMO

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is a classic deflection and inversion response. My entire position on this thread was how I have been concerned with the possibility of GoDaddy silencing their customers due to their inherent bias. @oldtimer is now mad because I simply called him out for preaching his own perception of virtue all over this thread, and attempting to convince @create.com that his ranching practices are immoral. So, what does @oldtimer do? He falsely accuses others of doing the very things they are against.

Honestly dude, there's really no need for you to play the victim. No one is "silencing you". Believe me, you're free to continue spewing your perceptions of virtue on a business forum. I was just doing you a favour by letting you know that you're likely not going to compel anyone into thinking like you, who doesn't already agree with you. Again, accusing others of "attacking you" for merely pointing out how out you choose to incessantly virtue signal on a thread, is rather silly. Just because someone called you out for that, doesn't make them a bad, evil monster.

Last edited:
•••

Scroll up. I've repeatedly tried to keep this thread focused around the causes of what happened with @create.com particularly in regards to whether GoDaddy used any ideological bias against Brent (and others). Given that fact, I think a more appropriate response would be to encourage @oldtimer to contact Brent privately, no? Afterall, if he was truly concerned with convincing @create.com that his ranching practices are immoral, wouldn't he simply take advantage of the messaging system to discuss this privately with him? Instead, @oldtimer seems to be more infatuated with convincing the general public that he's a good person.

Last edited:
•••
I get your overall point here. There should be one justice system for everyone.

However, this fails to recognize a few things specifically related to this case.

1.) The reason the filing fee was pointed out is in relation to the value of the assets involved. If it was $5, $12, or $350 it doesn't really matter in this case. We are talking about locking many millions of dollars in domains. The disparity is the issue.

2.) Lawsuits need to be filed in courts that have jurisdiction over parties. A US citizen with US based assets is not subject to a foreign courts judgement until a court with actual authority over the plaintiff signs off on it.

This is especially important because not every court on Earth has the same standards.

3.) According to court records, the case was essentially in limbo. The plaintiff failed to serve the defendant in well over a year, with no end in sight.

Again, Puneet is still free to pursue his case. There was just no reason the domains should have been locked in the first place in relation to this business dispute.

Brad

1) No Indian court froze assets of Mr. Oxley; for that matter, there wasn’t any order by the court regarding broker fees also. It was a dispute of a party claiming an unpaid brokerage fee, and he allegedly blackmailing using all tactics.

2) As I said before, the court fee was for unpaid brokerage fees, and the domains were locked by GoDaddy erroneously. My only point was why throw muck on Indian courts for the actions of Godaddy? And then continue to parrot the line that the cost of the court filing fee was $12.

3) If the plaintiff hasn’t served the defendant, he won’t get any reprieve. As simple as that.

•••
So freaking ridiculous that the scammer in India or in Nigeria can file a fraudulent lawsuit against someone in USA and serve the paper not even in English and GD took the bait...GD is the enabler and their incompetent people took the bait. GD folks should be fired and/or even go to jail!!
This is a fraudulent lawsuit and the scammer plaintiff should pay for any fees....or go to jail for wasting time, money and resources

A legal lawsuit should be filed in good old USA-Texas with a real USA attorney!! and that makes it more legit, and the plaintiff should at least appear in court.

Law and Order!!

•••
After 14+ months of Godaddy holding my domains hostage and locking them without merit, they have been unlocked and safely transferred to Namecheap. I don't believe Godaddy would have ever have changed their policy if it wasn't for the community rallying to protest this injustice. Thank you all very much for your support and for helping to bring about change!

I now realize more than ever how vital the ICA is and what they're doing to protect our domain property rights in both Washington and throughout the domain industry! I highly recommend domainers to become a member of the ICA at https://www.internetcommerce.org/join/

My company Create.com has donated $50,000 to the ICA and is looking forward to becoming a member very soon. This donation is the least I can do as a small thank you to the community and for coming together to rescue my names.

Namecheap also deserves a special thank you. They went above and beyond by offering free legal assistance and started the process of ICANN's Registrar Transfer Dispute Resolution to help rescue my names from Godaddy. Unlike Godaddy, they also refused Puneet Agarwal's demand to lock my domains when he failed to provide a US court order.

I'm currently exploring legal actions against Godaddy for what they did to me and the millions in damages their poor judgment, lack of communication, and broken policy have cost me. I'm also pursuing legal action against Puneet Agarwal in India. Unfortunately, Puneet's harassment, threats, and extortion demands will never stop until he's behind bars.

I thank each and everyone in this community for helping to bring about change.

I am waiting for legal actions to be pursued against me in India. Your main problem is that still i am not taking back case filed in india though your Domain names have got unlocked illegally. Don't worry. You can sell all your unlocked Domain names. All the buyers are going to be in lawsuits. How will you prevent yourself in usa after you filed a FALSE affidavit on the behalf of Indian Lawyer etc etc.
Good going but one day it will all end and you have to pay my compensation. You can use all your illegal tactics but law will take its own Course in usa and India.
Regarding your domain names , it's only an interval after the first part of movie so that guys like rover , marijuana and all your chelas can go and smoke beedi and can freshen up for the second part respected Brent Christian Oxley sir

Last edited:
•••
I am waiting for legal actions to be pursued against me in India. Your main problem is that still i am not taking back case filed in india though your Domain names have got unlocked illegally. Don't worry. You can sell all your unlocked Domain names. All the buyers are going to be in lawsuits. How will you prevent yourself in usa after you filed a FALSE affidavit on the behalf of Indian Lawyer etc etc.
Good going but one day it will all end and you have to pay my compensation. You can use all your illegal tactics but law will take its own Course in usa and India.
Regarding your domain names , don't worry , it's only an interval after the first part of movie so that guys like rover , marijuana and all your chelas can go and smoke beedi and can freshen up for the second part respected Brent Christian Oxley sir

Do keep us updated about your lawsuits when a final decision has been made. Make sure to tag the mods so they can finally ban your account.

•••
Brent Oxley, the founder of HostGator, has been accruing a portfolio of ultra-premium domain names since he sold his hosting company for close to $300 million in 2013.

With purchases such as Give.com for $500,000, Broker.com for $375,000, and Texas.com for $1,007,500, Oxley has spent millions of dollars over the past few years accumulating this collection. According to his website, the portfolio is worth more than $25 million.

Oxley has now, however, lost access to a proportion of his portfolio

Read the full report on my blog
Just for your info so that you keep sense of writing true things for your so called paid articles.

The affidavit which Brent Christian Oxley sir showed you on the behalf of an Indian lawyer was fake and the same has been communicated to indian judicial system. Brent sir gave you false affidavit and you simply posts it without even verifying it.
From next time just don't write false and one sided things just for the sake of money or whatsoever sir .

All those guys crying about services served to defendant in usa , please see my replies to usa court regarding that and then pls comment.

Last edited:
•••
Do keep us updated about your lawsuits when a final decision has been made. Make sure to tag the mods so they can finally ban your account.
You can tag them and ask them to ban my account.

•••
@create.com - it will be you who will go to jail along with some employees of your fav company.

•••
You can tag them and ask them to ban my account.

I know. Has been done before and it's beyond me why they allow someone threatening people to be an active member of this forum.

It's a disgrace. Utterly insane. Guess they appreciate the drama.

•••
@create.com it's a foolish excuse to allow people to keep killing innocent animals and their kids in your illegal activities hub ranch just because you are loosing millions on it every year. You are not the govt. If you are loosing millions on ranch every year , just close it and give the right to life to animals.

How about start killing human beings in the name of trophy hunting and the bullshit of animal preservation nuisance. Doesn't matter how much you run away but you have blood on your hand. Do you think you can do anything just because you have money power. No. You are absolutely wrong. Justice will be served on the basis of your karma and if justice served properly you will go to jail along with that fraud and liar vpn ceo.

Last edited:
•••
Puneet sent the below email at 4:02pm today.

"
If u won't send me snort compensation n I loose my domain names then there is no reason for me to take back case. I will keep on fighting it and one day all will come to you. Your buyers will also be troubled. This is for sure.

Already I have lost many of my names. For you , your domain names are valuable but other ppl domain names have no value. What kind of a asshole hypocrite you are Brent Oxley.

I am trying last to end it and save my names.
"

•••
Puneet sent the below email at 4:02pm today.

"
If u won't send me snort compensation
"

I think I know what this is, but not sure.

•••
Guess they appreciate the drama.

I was alert by bot and for a second I thought "wow seriously?" , click on, scroll, mouseover and phew... no drama

pa.jpg

•••
I have reported Puneet for his abusive language. The majority of forums have a strike system as they should. Based on his behavior, language, harassment, etc it's just a matter of time before he runs out of strikes I'd imagine.
Alle le le my crying baby. You may try posting me as scammer , dacoit , thief , murderer , corrupt politician , bad behaviour, bad language , harassing all the residents of Uvalde county . No problem. I don't mind it darling Brent Christian Oxley sir. BUT all your these tricks won't prevent me to get justice from court. And justice shall prevail.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back