IT.COM

information Brent Oxley Loses Access to Create.com, Plus Millions of Dollars Worth of His Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Brent Oxley, the founder of HostGator, has been accruing a portfolio of ultra-premium domain names since he sold his hosting company for close to $300 million in 2013.

With purchases such as Give.com for $500,000, Broker.com for $375,000, and Texas.com for $1,007,500, Oxley has spent millions of dollars over the past few years accumulating this collection. According to his website, the portfolio is worth more than $25 million.

Oxley has now, however, lost access to a proportion of his portfolio

Read the full report on my blog

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well have I not filed my papers and evidences in usa and indian courts. I guess I have filed everything. Court has each of the evidence sent by me to them. Also I am not looking for social justice. I am only looking for justice delivered to me by usa court and indian court.
If I start opening my mouth and tell everyone the details , apart from you , two other big domainers of the industry will also be running away . Kindly reply and ask through court proceedings. I will reply there and I have been already replying there since last more than a year .
@barybadrinath A good sign of guilt is not wanting to post the facts....

Lets see the agreement owing you commission.

I don't trust you at all. You give Indians a bad name.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Puneet keeps calling Brent "Sir"

He must know he is a knight :xf.laugh:

FFS, look what one rotten apple and one shady company can do to vampire energy of hundreds of onlookers...

•••
Exactly. You won't answer a simple question.

We all know the answer, just like the online records show.

Brad
I already told that I am not looking for social justice. All the questions which you have asked have already been answered to in both the courts. As the matter is subjudice i am sorry i won't comment any further regarding this issue. Ofcourse you are entitled to your own understanding and outcomes. I don't mind and most of all i don't care

Last edited:
•••
Well who the hell are you to question me. I am not obligated to respond to u.
That the answer: he was not served, but the online records show this already, he doesn't need to answer. So, in this case godaddy incompetence help the complainant without him asking them...it most be great when a big company is helping you stupidly without even asking them.

•••
Well who the hell are you to question me. I am not obligated to respond to u.

You are not. But if Brent has been served it is a simple "Yes" answer.
The lack of a straight response is telling.

Brad

•••
I already told that I am not looking for social justice. All the questions which you have asked have already been answered to in both the courts. As the matter is subjudice i am sorry i won't comment any further regarding this issue. Ofcourse you are entitled to your own understanding and outcomes. I don't mind and most of all i don't care

Then don't comment. I hope you also refrain from making more threats towards Brent, just like you did against other people multiple times on NamePros.

It is truly amazing what you can do with a $12 filing fee in India, and never even serving the lawsuit never mind getting an actual court order.

Now Brent has millions of dollars in domains locked over this nonsense. They have also been locked for quite some time, with no end in sight.

This is only possible because of GoDaddy's terrible judgement.

This is coming from a loyal GoDaddy customer, with thousands of domains there and a more than 15+ year history. I just find this action, and further defense of it indefensible.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for all the feedback on this so far. I've been reading every reply and can understand your concerns.

In the last 36 hours, we've been having some serious discussions about our policies, processes, and ultimately, how we can better serve our customers while protecting everyone's legal rights. We have already engaged the ICA and other industry experts to determine if there are any changes we should and could make. As we make progress, we will keep the community posted.

For Brent, I want you know that no domain name will be deleted. Consistent with our policy, we have paid for renewals and will continue to pay for renewals as necessary. We're keeping them safe, and leaving them up and running.

Dear GoDaddy,

I love GoDaddy and my partners love GoDaddy, we are about 20 years GoDaddy customers.

We have huge domain portfolio in GoDaddy and everyday buying domains from GoDaddy auctions.

Dear GoDaddy, if you want to be our Daddy many years more, please change your TOS, your policy, for your real customers, domainers benefıt. And stand by our sıde, protect our digital assets.

We don't want to live in fear every day, to see if something will happen to our digital assets.

As all we see that GoDaddy reputation is bleeding very badly.

I am not sure GoDaddy aware of this?

All domainers want to protect their domains, domains our digital assets, our family future...

Without finalized court order, GoDaddy can’t lock any customer domain.

This is not same as UDRP case, Wipo case takes a few months maximum. But foreigner countries courts cases take many, many years…. It depends that country law, rules and regulations…

So how come GoDaddy lock the domain(s) until the exact court decision, a few years, maybe 3-4 years, maybe more… That is absolutely ridiculous, let me ask GoDaddy this: Where is your conscience? Why you are not on your customers side, you are earning millions dollars everyday thanks to us. We are making GoDaddy number 1 registrar in the world.

Without us, GoDaddy is nothing. If you cant see that, you will learn it soon.

If you dont change your TOS, and not protect our domains, we are going to move all our domains to NameCheap or other registrars…

And of course will not join the GoDaddy auction, not buying any domain…

And you will lose all your reputation…

I am not Name Cheap customer yet, do you know this:

Lets read what James says on his website:

https://www.jamesnames.com/2021/03/brent-oxley/

" Namecheap asking for Oxley’s names to be locked, a request that Namecheap declined. I contacted Namecheap for comment. I was told:

“Namecheap always puts our customers first, protecting their right, freedoms and valuable digital assets such as domain names. We have a proven track record of doing the right thing by our customers that includes fighting for their rights in court when deemed necessary. We do not lock or disable customer domains on a whim without the correct legal requirement.”

In a nutshell:

Please read what Michael Gargiulo says below. As I know all domainers agree with these:

The current GoDaddy policy of waiting for a settlement through an Indian court is not a viable solution for American owned property.

GoDaddy has over 76 million domains registered through them or about 20% of all domains in the world. This policy impacts 1 in 5 domain owners.

If this can happen to Brent Oxley, one of the largest domain owners in the world, it can happen to anyone. I really hope GoDaddy can see the industry badly needs their help and reform on this issue. Registrars and in a unique middle position of critical influence when it comes to litigation oversight. We need a solution that protects owners, otherwise thee exploitation of GoDaddy’s policy (and cancel culture) will damage the long term value premium domain names carry, due to these mounting risks and ownership loopholes.

Michael Gargiulo
CEO at VPN.com

•••
•••
Then don't comment. I hope you also refrain from making more threats towards Brent, just like you did against other people multiple times on NamePros.

It is truly amazing what you can do with a $12 filing fee in India, and never even serving the lawsuit never mind getting an actual court order.

Now Brent has millions of dollars of domains locked over this nonsense.

This is only possible because of GoDaddy's terrible judgement.

Brad
Again, this is not his fault at all, he can ask the moon if he wants. It's godaddy's fault that they accepted to play like this. I have a feeling that godaddy will issue a statement in a few days that they unlocked the domains, that somebody from their legal department made a mistake and that they will pay for it, but they can't say who made the mistake and how they will pay, hopping that people will forget about this in a few weeks and they can go ahead with everything by changing a few words in their TOS. What they don't consider is that the community has good memory and this is not the first time happening something like this at godaddy and you can't sleep well knowing that you could wake up in a morning to a similar fiasco, but this time you will be the target.

Last edited:
•••
Ok

Last edited:
•••
The other fallout from this is what one big investor relayed to me, "I will never speak to another person I don't know in this industry, any up and commer, new or unknown domainer will never get a reply, tweet, text answered."

Last edited:
•••
Do you think the 12 distinguished CEO:s in the link you posted would have wanted their registrar to demand a court order before they locked their domain names because of allegations @barybadrinath?

•••
GoDaddy needs to assign more resources to deal with the domain investment community IMO.

I think @Paul Nicks and @Joe Styler do a great job to try and engage, but it is unreasonable to expect (2) people who have an actual job outside NamePros to be the only points of contact for a multi-billion dollar company.

Brad

•••
@barybadrinath Do you have the ability to tell that you -have / don't have- relationship with 3 Agarwal @ GD? Thank you!

1p.jpg
2p.jpg
3p.jpg

•••
GoDaddy needs to assign more resources to deal with the domain investment community IMO.

I think @Paul Nicks and @Joe Styler do a great job to try and engage, but it is unreasonable to expect (2) people who have an actual job outside NamePros to be the only points of contact for a multi-billion dollar company.

Brad
Even if they had 20 representatives here at namepros, they could not have been able to do anything, they would have delivered the same message and godaddy would have done the same things until they decide that the bleeding is to much. Also, how they could assign more resources to namepros, when it takes 72 hours on average to receive a reply from afternic and 1-2 days(even 7 days sometimes) if you contact godaddy from outside of US and you don't have your personal account manager or whats the name they use to fix a simple issue.

Last edited:
•••
Do you think the 12 distinguished CEO:s in the link you posted would have wanted their registrar to demand a court order before they locked their domain names because of allegations @barybadrinath?
Do you think any of the 12 distinguished ceo would have cheated a hard working guy. Why so much of pain and crying suddenly when the cases have been going on in usa and India from the last 1 year. Why suddenly post oneself as a victim. That cheating ceo must tell everyone about his "deeds" as well to everyone here. Why not once for the sake of justice view this case from neutral point giving everyone a Same chance. Why this prebiasedness. Why suddenly all this hoo halaah of being a victim. Why not trust legal proceedings.
Why not tell everyone about the lies and crimes committed by richer people. Why not tell about the harassment , threat messages to my family members, eating up of my compensation etc.
Open your eyes and be neutral and give everyone a fair and equal chance. When we ask our deserving compensation from you , we become outsiders but when we get you deals and very cheap premium domain names then we are most intelligent and hard working person .
Enough of all this hypocrisy

•••
@barybadrinath. Was your deal with him a REFERRAL or COMMISSION agreement? Was either deal in WRITING with proof or emails?

Last edited:
•••
Do you think any of the 12 distinguished ceo would have cheated a hard working guy. Why so much of pain and crying suddenly when the cases have been going on in usa and India from the last 1 year. Why suddenly post oneself as a victim. That cheating ceo must tell everyone about his "deeds" as well to everyone here. Why not once for the sake of justice view this case from neutral point giving everyone a Same chance. Why this prebiasedness. Why suddenly all this hoo halaah of being a victim. Why not trust legal proceedings.
Why not tell everyone about the lies and crimes committed by richer people. Why not tell about the harassment , threat messages to my family members, eating up of my compensation etc.
Open your eyes and be neutral and give everyone a fair and equal chance. When we ask our deserving compensation from you , we become outsiders but when we get you deals and very cheap premium domain names then we are most intelligent and hard working person .

I have no means of assessing the validity of claims. Neither does Godaddy. That is why there needs to be, for the sake of everyone in this business, more than claims to cause this kind of action. (Locking of domains).

•••

I think you show us that we have a big problem and also how registrars secure our assets / domains.

•••
You have all the right to ask whatever you think you deserve, but that doesn't mean that the law should not be equal for everybody, even if you are poor, so that it will not be abused. If I have no right to lock facebook until a final court order, even if they could own me 100 millions, than you should not have the right to lock anything until a final court order, because if it's like this everybody will do it on a daily basis and that's not moral or legal....but godaddy will pay in this case for these mistakes.

Last edited:
•••
You have all the right to ask whatever you think you deserve, but that doesn't mean that the law should not be equal for everybody, even if you are poor, so that it will not be abused. If I have no right to lock facebook until a final court order, even if they could own me 100 millions, than you should not have the right to lock anything until a final court order, because if it's like this everybody will do it on a daily basis and that's not moral or legal....but godaddy will pay in this case for these mistakes.
Check the last document uploaded by someone from Singapore and analyze it

Last edited:
•••
Check the last document uploaded by someone from Singapore.
Again, if you fill a complain, that doesn't give you the right to lock anything, secondly, if a court from any country makes a mistake, that doesn't mean that you must comply, you can fight them to prove that they are wrong. Second, that case could be way ahead, close tot the final and lot's of other different details. Also, I've checked the domain and looks like the status of domain is ok, the domain doesn't seem locked, so nothing to prove there. So, you can ask whatever you want, but that doesn't mean you should get it, if it's not moral/normal/legal.

Last edited:
•••

If there is a court order, please show it, because that would be important @barybadrinath. I don’t see how it would be detrimental to post a formal official document.

I wish the parties to settle how they see fit. I wish there was no dispute. My beef is purely with process and ToS.

•••
Well, your broker days of high value names are over now, regardless.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back