Watch

gorilla_bob

VIP Member
FreshDrop Staff
Pheenix.com
Impact
Hello,

Wanted to be the first to let you know.

Coming soon, your Premium .tv domain names will be transferable to other premium .tv registars.

That's right you heard it first from Gorilla_Bob!

Bob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can understand the consolidation argument, but why pick out eNom in particular for any transfer nightmare, inability to transfer. Surely that is the same at every registrar for these legacy premiums? I also thought these legacy premiums were priced the same at every registrar? Are you saying eNom legacy premium renewal prices are higher than elsewhere?

Legacy premiums are *only* at Enom. Dr Manos explains above that this is one of the ways you can tell a domain is not a legacy - if it's not registered at Enom.

These are the domains that were anything from $50 - $XX,XXX a year and are different to just the normal post 2010 premiums (has it really been 4 years already???). The post 2010 premiums have standard renewal and thus the price varies from registrar to registrar. It's not the premium/per year of the old legacy ones.

•••
For premiums with normal fee is very good we can clear these strange WHOIS of circ.us sunmounta.in etc that confuse even sedo and transfer all to dynadot (my fav) or name.com or hex and manage easier.

The fact that can be transferred only to registrars that already hold prems is a big minus as marketplaces can not remove the text regarding the transfer barrier, even if i do not like at all, godaddy is most people's choice.

As for legacy premiums with higher than normal renewal fee, wrote already that so far we have the base point that if a name is not at ENOM then it has 100% normal renewal fee, so after removal of transfer barrier of legacy prems how we and buyers will know that a name at name.com, or dynadot etc has no high renewal fee if registered before March of 2010. In my opinion renewal fees of legacy prems are locked by Verisign and will be same at all registrars.

•••
For premiums with normal fee is very good we can clear these strange WHOIS of circ.us sunmounta.in etc that confuse even sedo and transfer all to dynadot (my fav) or name.com or hex and manage easier.

The fact that can be transferred only to registrars that already hold prems is a big minus as marketplaces can not remove the text regarding the transfer barrier, even if i do not like at all, godaddy is most people's choice.

As for legacy premiums with higher than normal renewal fee, wrote already that so far we have the base point that if a name is not at ENOM then it has 100% normal renewal fee, so after removal of transfer barrier of legacy prems how we and buyers will know that a name at name.com, or dynadot etc has no high renewal fee if registered before March of 2010. In my opinion renewal fees of legacy prems are locked by Verisign and will be same at all registrars.

Good points Manos, it would be nice for Verisign to put some effort into this. They should update all whois records and denote premium renewal in the whois. Might take some work but in long run its worth it for the extension. I know they won't do that.

•••
This should have been in place a long time ago..

Last edited:
•••
•••
Clarification from Verisign as of today:

Previously Verisign announced that on July 29th the restriction on transfers of .TV Premium Domains will be lifted. While many Premium .TV domains renew at wholesale price, some .TV Premium Domains have Premium renewal pricing.

The transfer of .TV Premium Domains will follow standard transfer rules which includes a 1 year (default) renewal of the .TV Premium Domain being transferred (charged to the gaining Registrar). If the .TV Premium Domain being transferred has a Premium renewal price, the Premium renewal price will be charged.

•••
Haha! Verisign has .tv (dot-Tuvalu) customers flipping out over arbitrary pricing of "premium" names. This is great. The selling of snake oil and the clamor resulting from the snake oil salesman's pricing policy. Like gasoline, the prices of .tv (dot-Tuvalu) names seem to change like gas station fuel prices - daily.

•••
Haha! Verisign has .tv (dot-Tuvalu) customers flipping out over arbitrary pricing of "premium" names. This is great. The selling of snake oil and the clamor resulting from the snake oil salesman's pricing policy. Like gasoline, the prices of .tv (dot-Tuvalu) names seem to change like gas station fuel prices - daily.

No one flipped out. Nothing changed in pricing.
I think you may be confused.

P.S. Tuvala Welcomes All Trolls :)

•••
It seems server transfer prohibited flag removed from premiums today so can be transferred

•••
Has anyone transferred anything yet?

•••
Yea did yesterday a prem from name to dynadot, all fine

•••
So it looks like there are pricing changes - to match the new GTLDs.

Below is a .TV pricing clip from Name.com

pic.PNG

•••
Renewal greater than registration even!

pic2.PNG

Looks like this is only legacy premiums so consider yourself lucky if you got in when you got in and this is the case (I have no idea - I just dabble ;) ). My non-legacy premiums are unchanged.

Last edited:
•••
i think it is a glitch of name.com, there are no premium renewals for premiums
registered after 18 - March - 2010

Can you pm me the names?

•••
There is a way to find out if a domain is a legacy premium or not. If you go to name.com and search for a legacy premium that has not been backordered, the website will tell you what the renewal fee is. Ie according to Name.com, mp3.tv has a annual renewal of $46,88 which seems about right.

The only drawback is that if a domain is backordered, you won't see the renewal price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back