NameSilo

Breaking News for Premium .tv Domains

Labeled as .tv in ccTLD Discussion started by gorilla_bob, Jun 12, 2014.

Replies:
Views:

1. gorilla_bob

gorilla_bob Member FreshDrop Staff Pheenix Staff PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hello,

Wanted to be the first to let you know.

Coming soon, your Premium .tv domain names will be transferable to other premium .tv registars.

That's right you heard it first from Gorilla_Bob!

Bob

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Ammudamus

Ammudamus Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Excellent news! We have been advocating this for a long time. Is this directly from Verisign?

A

3. gorilla_bob

gorilla_bob Member FreshDrop Staff Pheenix Staff PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yep, Effective July 29, 2014.

4. Joseph Green

Joseph Green Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

5. garptrader

garptrader Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I don't have any premium renewals but have a few names stuck at ENOM with $50 renewals. I'm sure it doesn't help when selling to have to mention you cannot transfer this name to another registrar.

6. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Gorilla I take it you got some info from Verisign because of your business. Because a Kat at Verisign said I can't tell you that's true, I would not run with that. It shows how screwed up this company truly is.

7. Ammudamus

Gorilla,
    While I appreciate the news, seems like a surprise. Most Verisign folks can't commit to anything. I am assuming this is not for legacy premiums, but just ones after March 18th, correct?

A

8. Ammudamus

I have received confirmation from Verisign. It is true.

Thank you for contacting Verisign Support.
    That is correct, all premium .tv domain name will be able to be transfer. This will be in effect July 29, 2014.

You may receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey after this case has been closed. We value your feedback and appreciate your input on our products and services.

If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

9. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Now what I always do with Verisign call back, got another person Simon, he seemed to be agreeing with what I was saying like he knew what I was talking about. He said he can't say anything and I said so maybe this is the poster on Namepros due to their business relationship in a sense got a sneak peek but you can't say official yet, he said yes but did not dispute it and said more changes are coming, we have heard what our customers wanted he said. I said one week, two weeks or no timetable ? He said next month he would guess.

10. equity78

Cool Ammar, that's funny phone reps doing one thing, email another.

11. Ammudamus

Doesn't surprise me. I would want to know what other changes are since we have been advocating for a long time.

A

12. equity78

13. Ammudamus

14. Ammudamus

More confirmation from Verisign. I take this to mean you can pull out Enom legacy premiums and move them to other registrars. Good first step.

Thank you for contacting Verisign Support.

This change will affect all .tv Premium domain names currently registered regardless of which Registrar account they reside.

If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

15. Ammudamus

Ray,
    You may want to edit your post as it is DOES take into account legacy premiums from my recent conversation with Verisign.

A

16. equity78

Already on it, thank you

17. Domainstore

Domainstore Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

18. Ammudamus

Based on my conversation with Verisign, there is no change to the existing premium legacy renewal structure.

A

19. dr manos

dr manos Upgraded Member Gold Account

Great new for the normal renewal fee prems (after 18-Mar-2010).

Not sure though that is good idea the removal of transfer barrier for legacy prems.

All legacy prems till now are only at ENOM so if a .tv is at any other registrar it has 100%
    normal renewal fee.

If legacy prems can be at other registrars that hold normal premiums like dynadot.com and name.com
    then i think it will make a mess as any good single word that is registered before 10-Mar-2010 and
    is at registrars like dynadot,name,hexonet etc can be assumed from possible buyers that has
    high renewal fee.

20. mckennaronnie

mckennaronnie Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I agree with Manos on this.
    While it's good to see they are looking at making changes in how the ext is managed, this change could well do little but create confusion. imho

Lets see what else they have planned though.

21. stub

stub Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Why would you want to move your eNom legacy premium .tv's out of eNom?

22. DU

DU Secret Santa VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The vague hope that this messes up the pricing :)

23. stub

It could go up as well as down :(

24. DU

DU Secret Santa VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Not legacy premiums....they are already crazy prices.

The real reason is that domains are trapped at ENOM - this means that the renewal is more expensive and for most people separate from the rest of their domains. Who wants 100 names at Dynadot / Name / GoDaddy and 2 at ENOM?

Also it makes the whole transfer a nightmare. Allegedly sales fall through due to not being able to transfer the domain.

25. stub

I can understand the consolidation argument, but why pick out eNom in particular for any transfer nightmare, inability to transfer. Surely that is the same at every registrar for these legacy premiums? I also thought these legacy premiums were priced the same at every registrar? Are you saying eNom legacy premium renewal prices are higher than elsewhere?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice