NameSilo

BrandRoot Experience...

Spaceship
Watch

gina ferrano

Established Member
Impact
Since there's a thread for Namerific and BB, I started a thread on BR. What are people's experiences?
Jury is still out...not sure if I should submit more names, as names pending in the cue waiting for logos jumped back 20 spaces. What's the turn around time? On the front end, names being approved are on par with namerific, BB is very slow, w/o a yay or a nay, though maybe once the names are approved it may be faster going into the description, logo stage.

Also, paying more than $100 on logos for names valued at under 2k, is it worth it to pay more. Does it make a difference? How long to wait till name is published? Do the logo designers pick and choose? The $10 fee, what does that insure? The idea behind BR is a sped up process, how long must one wait...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm about to pay for my domain to get published so I'd like to know this as well. Also, are the add-on costs for feature/spotlight worth it?

$50 - Featured in selected categories for 90 Days
$30 - Feature on Homepage for 90 Days
$90 - Spotlight Name for 90 Days

•••
Yes, once your names are published, you have a choice to either "change" or "unlist" any of names listed with BrandRoot. By choosing "change" you gain access to either of 3 upgraded listing options at any point in time.

•••
Further to my earlier post about some issues with BrandRoot's loading speed and site functionality, I'm happy to inform that they took care of it all and that things are back to normal :)

Now we just need buyers willing to show the same enthusiasm for our names that we did when acquiring them :$:

•••
I'm @ 2-3 weeks on four of the names, submitted, accepted though not yet published likely due to an internal update on their site---but at least moving up the cue! Which is more than I can say about NR (zero movement on accepted names) and BB (neither yay or nay).

It also seems BR is accepting half my names submitted, which may go up as I get more of a sense of what they're looking for. But as Calvenor duly noted, enthusiastic buyers is what we need now!

Last edited:
•••
Bought a spotlight listing for one of my names and will probably buy a front page featured for the other to see how these two pan out.

•••
I've tried to sign up as a seller on BR but an error comes up for me. I contacted them the other day with regards to this but I've received no response. I think before they slate rival companies they should get there service in check first.
Kinda wondering about something, when a name is live as is the case with BB, if one types in the published name you get a page with the listing, but when I do that with BR, I just get the website.
Is this an error? I prefer to get the listing, not the site, hopefully it's just a glitch.

I've just typed in a domain name that is listed into BR's search bar and it presents me with the listing rather than the website so it is most likely an error. Since discovering BR I have found other errors and I've tried signing up as a seller but it continuously presents me with an error. I am waiting for BR to respond to my query which they seem to be slow to reply to.

•••
The glitch I spoke of has been corrected, though the forwarding problem still exists, hopefully you'll be able to sign up soon Mrhappy!

•••
They were, yeah. But I just transferred them. So I'll see what GD can do

EDIT: It all works just fine now. Finally

Are you sure your domains are using Namecheap name servers ?
On a side note, I would always advise using a third party DNS service. It makes transfers easier too because you don't depend on the DNS service of the registrar.

•••
Thanks for letting us know mreynolds, congrats btw! I have 5 published, the other 4 waiting for logos. Hoping to sell some;) Unfortunately there's quite a backlog of names waiting to be looked at ATM.

•••

Thanks but since I already sell on this platform, I would have naturally assumed there would be fewer submissions once they closed to new sellers, therefore a more fluid process. But that doesn't seem to be the case. I was under the impression BR started as an alternative to bigger marketplaces, more transparency, a sped up process as compared to BB, but I've found in most cases BB is faster.

I even sent an email 6 weeks ago that never got a response. Very disappointing.

•••
My detailed reasoning was with my 1st removed. I should (and will) apologize for the forwarding thing. I haven't touched those 2 domains in long, thus I've no reason why they stopped forwarding.

I agreed to a 30-day window and as you've given an apology, I'll heed to it. And if the buyer we landed in January comes back within the next 30 days, I'll adhere to the sale and will give you commission from it.

I really did not want my account closed yet again. These domains simply didn't seem to be selling there. So I was gonna take them off sale a few weeks (at least 30 days) and reevaluate them. They haven't sold, and I'll keep the 30-day window open, as agreed.

•••
@Archangel all of your reasons stated, "Off sale" including the first one.

Thank you, @Arca, for helping us avoid unfavorable circumstances in advance, which is again why not everyone can simply sign up at Brandroot.
You are most welcome.

Rather than trying to make things right, you thank me for not joining BrandRoot since it helps you "unfavorable circumstances" in the future... So you are saying that me joining BR would inevitably create "unfavorable circumstances" for you. How professional.

Now I am not going to start a discussion with you, Michael Rader, as I do not want to piss you off, and risk having you post negative comments about me online including my real name... Like you did with that other NP user. Now everytime somebody searches his name, your post shows up. Why you think it is acceptable for BrandRoot to defame people's name online is beyond me. This can have great consequences for the person involved, and it is a completely unacceptable and unprofessional thing for a marketplace to do.

However, it is your marketplace, so you are of course free to run it as you wish. As your postings often receive countless negative responses on this forum, you might want to consider that there is something to these comments, and try to take them on board. Most people are actually just trying to help you run your marketplace in a more professional way.

I'll be leaving this thread now.

•••
@Archangel all of your reasons stated, "Off sale" including the first one.

Thank you, @Arca, for helping us avoid unfavorable circumstances in advance, which is again why not everyone can simply sign up at Brandroot.
nice, very nice

•••
My another 10 domains became live today.....

Very much satisfied with the logo work for 8/10 domains.

Kudos BR Team :)

•••
•••
I finally got approved at BR a few months ago. Added 27 names so far to try out their platform.

I had my first sale this week with them (just waiting for payment).

I have positive experience so far.

•••
Yes, they have a $10 listing fee and exclusivity. Same as BB.

•••
The great thing with BB for me at least, is that BB published names have a liquid value on here.
This is not so true anymore. The liquid value has dropped a lot in the last month.

•••
We buy domains mainly targeting end users. If you are to buy and flip, its better to buy liquid domains from the very beginning, like Chips or 6N.coms. This will make you much more money than liquidating brandables!
Brandables are an end users ecosystem!

•••
It's all run by a guy in his basement lol Don't expect "staff" to help you.

•••
It's all run by a guy in his basement lol Don't expect "staff" to help you.

Positive - I had good sales on there given I only had low numbers
Negative - I think Michael does everything and he can come across as quite dictatorial which I'm sure isn't his intention

•••
So I finally got accepted at BR. It was so long ago that i submitted my 10 names, I had given up. But, I'm excited to give them a try. I have two questions for those of you who use BR.

1) What is the commission? I know it is probably there, but I just can't seem to find it.
2) When submitting you daily 10 names, you set the price. But if this price is lower than what they think they can get, do they change it or ask you if you want to change it? Conversely, if you are too high do they recommend a better price? Or do they just reject it?

•••
Same! Got accepted after a year of application. :)

•••
Well done all, just be mindful you cannot keep names 'pending', if you put forward names and they are accepted you have to list them. I had approx. 9 names 'pending' for maybe a year and then one day I received an email saying my account was locked until I pushed the pending names through to listing. I couldn't as some of them I chose to list elsewhere, long story short I closed my BR account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back