Dynadot

BrandRoot Experience...

Spaceship
Watch

gina ferrano

Established Member
Impact
Since there's a thread for Namerific and BB, I started a thread on BR. What are people's experiences?
Jury is still out...not sure if I should submit more names, as names pending in the cue waiting for logos jumped back 20 spaces. What's the turn around time? On the front end, names being approved are on par with namerific, BB is very slow, w/o a yay or a nay, though maybe once the names are approved it may be faster going into the description, logo stage.

Also, paying more than $100 on logos for names valued at under 2k, is it worth it to pay more. Does it make a difference? How long to wait till name is published? Do the logo designers pick and choose? The $10 fee, what does that insure? The idea behind BR is a sped up process, how long must one wait...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am very worried about how fast the number of names grows and whether this will be matched by the growth of sales.

How many domains do you have listed / have you sold with BR if you don't mind me asking?

•••
My experience with BR is they have yet to acknowledge my application. I applied last month.Compared to the market leader in this space this does not seem normal.

•••
Update: I am disappointed with BR. I had at least 18 names where I paid listing fees. And at some point I'd gotten a message to sign a new document, though I had contacted them with a question before signing off, I was given no warning that they would actually delete my account. The owner basically said sorry nothing I can do. No credit, no real apology, no try again. Basically, you can try Brandbucket was their suggestion. Never was on the site long enough to sell a name. Would not recommend based on my experience.

Hi Gina,

You should have received several emails before your account was actually deleted. I believe we send at least 5. This is actually the only time we've had an account actually get deleted by our system and it was irreversible (which was stated in the several emails sent to you). Can you please send me the question you asked before it was deleted? I cannot find this.

This is the content of the final email we sent, which included a real apology:

"I understand, I'm very sorry. This was an automatic feature to keep our site updated and fresh and to ensure all of our sellers are active/alive and comply with our terms. The automatic feature took your lack of response as a either you not being available or that you did not agree to our terms, which I see now wasn't the case."

Last edited:
•••
Anyone here selling any names on brandroot? Wondering if more sales would come from their marketplace having far less listed domains then brand bucket

•••
Hi @Recons.Com,

Thank you for pointing out the search issues. It is not supposed to be doing this. With several recent speed optimization updates it looks like this may have been affected in some way. It has been reported and will be fixed shortly.

The newsletter is not like what BB sends out and these newsletters are not just for featured names. They are mostly purely random and each newsletter is targeted to subscribers of that names categories, so they are targeted unlike BB's (BB's goes out to all subs, which we are also working to do as well.) Our open rate is quite high on these emails and are not decreasing.

Brandlytics is a huge project, which is probably why BB still has no such feature. If you received the last email update we explained where we were at on this. All listings are now organized according to their "Namescore," not from newest to oldest. Names that prove to be consistently good are rewarded by appearing higher in listings. Every listing earns their listing placement and this is constantly analyzed and regenerated. So now that we have all the data being collected we are working on the design implementation for seller accounts. We also had a few other updates going on like the new sidebar that features sellers with completed account settings (which is now live).

"BR is too focused on promoting paid listings" - Sorry, but this is simply not true and not really too sure what you mean.

Sorry for the response delay, I am not on Namepros everyday. It would be faster to reach me via the contact page on Brandroot for issues you need addressed quickly.

Last edited:
•••
"Names that prove to be consistently good "

How can a name be "consistently good"? It either sells or it doesn't.

A name can be consistently good by receiving consistent amounts of attention, showing signs that interest is building and a sale may be imminent. We measure more than 10 different events on every name. These clues offer insight into a name's desirability.

•••
That doesn't seem to be a good measure. Sedo shows how many times the domain was viewed, and it has no relationship to an actual sale. Often people are just looking for something that is cheap. I've had domains that sell with zero inquiries in 15 years, and I've had others that queries and lowball offers almost monthly and don't sell.

What doesn't seem like a good measure? I didn't mention anything about the number of times the domain was viewed. We also have a search-by-price option if they want something lower priced. Keyword search and price search are unchanged.

I also didn't say the domain is removed from listing if it's not popular, it simply does not appear as high. If your 15 year old domain had been on our site (under the old model) it would be on the last page anyway because of how old the listing was. This new model actually gives your old domain a better chance because it is always being tested for appeal and repositioned accordingly. We sold several old domains because of this new update.

•••
I had a question, do you get an answer if your application is rejected as well or just if you're accepted ?

•••
upload_2017-11-13_21-45-38.png

Last edited:
•••
The real question is, does anyone care? :sneaky:

•••
•••
other marketplace had launched its seller's dashboard (with information of how many time your name was seen, clicked, made as favorite, etc). When will BR do the same?

•••
other marketplace had launched its seller's dashboard (with information of how many time your name was seen, clicked, made as favorite, etc). When will BR do the same?

We did this a long time ago, probably before any of the other marketplaces did. If you have an account with us we sent an email about it many months ago.

•••
How do i delete/cancel/remove a published name from brandroot

•••
Last edited:
•••
Wise words sir, thank you for sharing. I think many need this warning before signing up at Brandroot. We clearly lay out every rule before a seller signs up and even require multiple "Accept" buttons to ensure they are reading each one carefully.

Brandroot is a successful business (Over 1M in sales last year), and has always been profitable, but that is not to say that we have unlimited resources and time. As you know, the site is essentially run by only myself currently, with a bit of hired on help and a couple full-time developers. When my time is diverted from running the business to handling a seller's domain portfolio, especially when the seller has been a member for less than a year, and especially when the infractions are more than one, I have to take quick action to prevent my time being wasted again in the future.

I've learned many lessons in the domain industry over the years, one of them being that when a domain seller shows signs of unprofessionalism very early on, problems from that seller tend to mount and become more frequent, which is why Brandroot has so many rules in place.

I'm sorry that our partnership did not go well. It's not personal, it's a matter of running an efficient and reliable marketplace for my buyers.

hello @Brandroot
I registered 1 year at Brandroot, but until now my account has not been approved.

can you help to approve my account request?

best regards

•••
When is the last time anyone sold a domain on BR?

They were absolutely killing it till mid 2018 and then complete silence since then.

They ran into problems with https and search around that time, but our puzzles me that so much could depend just on that or that they never recovered since.

•••
•••
What's charges of Brand root -
Listing/commission ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back