Domain Empire

Brandbucket sold my domain - Won't tell me final sale price

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was just notified that brandbucket sold my domain name. They won't tell me how much it was sold for, they'd only tell me how much I'll get after the fees/comission. When I asked again how much it was sold for, they advised me it is against their policy and he can't tell me.

They sold MY domain, but won't tell ME how much it sold for?

The only reason I can think of this is because they negotiated a higher amount than the amount they're giving me.

How does this make any sense?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@michaeljkrell Hopefully Michael you got some insight here.
Does he really ever answer any questions when it pertains to BrandBucket? Questions are asked all the time and they are always blown off. Well, most of the time.

•••
Update #2
I just received an email saying that the domain sold for 3715. Earlier today the email said it sold for 3995. When I started questioning the deductions, it now suddenly only sold for 3715.

I really wish I could get the full/actual story here.

Was it listed at 3995? My understanding was that if they chose to sell for less (not approved by you), then they absorbed that out of their 30% - which would mean that you still get more than 2500....

•••
Conspiracy theory:
buyer bought it at full price, then they contacted you to see if you would accept less than 70% and since you agreed to $2500 BB pocketed everything above that...
Now you are forbidden from contacting seller so you can't prove anything....

OK, I'm joking but all of this sounds shady (they can't make up their mind about the final price?)

•••
Perhaps reach out to the buyer to find out what he paid, from his own mouth.

•••
I can't imagine a buyer coming along and offering a nice round number

"I'll give you $3,000 for that"

Then brandbucket comes back and says "Actually we need $3,715 for the domain"

Maybe it happened but it just sounds strange. Would be more professional to say $3,700 or $3,750 to the buyer and just eat the difference of a few bucks if it sold for $3,700 unless they are that stingy over fifteen bucks.
That's my red flag right there. Who negotiates a price for a single domain down to $3715.? Not saying it's impossible, but highly, highly improbable. And far too convenient to achieve the seller's stated threshold of $2500.

The matter of not disclosing the actual selling price to the SELLER is simply outrageous.

•••
That's my red flag right there. Who negotiates a price for a single domain down to $3715.? Not saying it's impossible, but highly, highly improbable. And far too convenient to achieve the seller's stated threshold of $2500.

The matter of not disclosing the actual selling price to the SELLER is simply outrageous.
I agree, it is OUTRAGEOUS they wouldn't disclose the selling price to the SELLER!

•••
I agree, it is OUTRAGEOUS they wouldn't disclose the selling price to the SELLER!
Quite frankly I am GLAD you FEEL the same WAY!

(i mean really, who wouldn't?)

:xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back