NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks! I see them all now with the link you sent but if I go to a new tab and go to BB again, those categories are not there. Odd. Thank you again!

•••
Thanks! I see them all now with the link you sent but if I go to a new tab and go to BB again, those categories are not there. Odd. Thank you again!

You should click search bar...then only categories will be visible.

•••
Ah, OK. I didnt do that. I was just looking for a menu and didnt click the bar. Thanks!

•••
We'll see-I haven't seen many sales posted here recently on this thread.
Small sale yesterday. Low $x,xxx. First in 4 weeks. Not overly impressed with BB sales rate right now TBH. Will wait out the summer to see if things pick up.

•••
Small sale yesterday. Low $x,xxx. First in 4 weeks. Not overly impressed with BB sales rate right now TBH. Will wait out the summer to see if things pick up.

Congrats!

•••
@Domainaffix
Nice Portfolio, and I've got to give you props on the awesome business description as well. It was very positive and inspiring.

•••
Im also the owner of OVZU, which for a US based business might be a unique, but for an international company based in another country, OVZU has global appeal. It would be interesting to get stats on BB sales outside the US.

I used to own Ovzu.com but sold it on Godaddy (for $25 according to my records). It was previous rejected by BB when they still had a much smaller number of listings.

•••
had a couple of BB rejected names that I sold for cheap to see them on the site now

•••
had a couple of BB rejected names that I sold for cheap to see them on the site now
They were rejected by BB and now they are on BB? Who owns them now did you check the Whois?

•••
For what it's worth I've also wrapped up a sale with Ryan. For those asking it's definitely worth digging back a few pages as I'm sure a contact email was mentioned at some stage! Very reasonable wholesale pricing on offer.

Back on topic, with the 4L domains I should say I would actually prefer to own those couple mentioned rather than the longer names. I do like Ovzu as a domain.

I guess what I was trying to say is that to a third party paying $XXXX for a new brand name, the resale value of the domain isn't really a concern. It's more the marketability and clarity of the brand name itself. In that sense I would almost consider a domain like 'Ovuzu' would be preferable given that the letters 'VZ' aren't crammed together. I can't think of an example in the dictionary where those letters go together.

•••
Sold
B O L D D E F E N S E
for low x, xxx. Name was on site for about 50 days.

•••
Thanks for the update and congrats on the sale!

Anyone else have any sales updates from BB?

•••
•••
What's the longest you guys would keep your domains there without getting sales? I'm on 8 months with no sales and will delist at 11 months if no new sales

•••
•••
•••
@Shimmy wanna share your portfolio?

To go 8 months with no sales on a 100 name portfolio is a little rough.

•••
little over 100
With 100 names and no sales you'd need probably two or three sales in the coming year just to break even re fees ect never mind any rejects you paid for-that's if you choose to renew. I wonder if you don't renew if BB will go out and buy those names once the expire and keep them listed? Also-Michael Krell never answered my question ive asked three times as to what the sales "ratio" is now for names listed as to what it was when BB had only 1500 or so names not 20,000. Is it 6% of the total names listed-was it 6% back then etc. It's not that hard a question and now with 20,000 names sellers deserve an answer. Also as I've stated before if the sales ratio to listed names has stayed the same as inventory rises there's really no issue.

•••
@Domainaffix
Nice Portfolio, and I've got to give you props on the awesome business description as well. It was very positive and inspiring.
I always wondered who actually read those things. You never know what you will see in them, you might even have to report the contents right?

•••
Has anyone been in touch with or heard from Julia this week? Very uncharacteristically I had asked for some names to be transferred on Monday and I never heard back. I sent the request a second time yesterday and still no response. Sidekick says the emails haven't been opened and that's very unusual. I just now sent another, new, request in. I though maybe she was on holiday? @michaeljkrell

•••
i recently gathered up information that get have slightly exceeded $1 million in sales in the past 2 years (from somebody in their listings & sales department). that being said, lets do some analysis.
well.. they have 19500 names listed. i did some semi-inaccurate math (leaving a lot of variables out and a significant amount of room for miscalculations and margin for error) and added the price of 30 of the first domains i saw and divided it by 30 to get some sort of estimate of the average value of the domain listed on brand bucket (yeah, its not too accurate but like i said, I'm not spending to much time to reduce the margin for error of my calculations, sorry brothers.) and ended up with the average domain value being 2903. that being said, if we assume, lets say, they net 1.1 million in sales the last 2 years, and the average valued listing sits at 2903, that equals 723.38 domain sales in the past 2 years (out of 19500). I'm sure the listing amount changed over time and theres possible growth and other variables into consideration, but 723.38 domain sales out of 19500 listed means .. well ... 3.7% of listed domains sold. or if you had 27 domains/listings up over the past 2 years, you would've sold 1 by now. I'm not really sure what to think. like i said,theres a lot of rooms for miscalculations, error, and variables i skipped (I'm sure theres a lot of garbage domains, overpriced domains, people overcasting, and others). but maybe this could give you some sort of insight in an analytical perspective.

sounds like i got a platfor.. err.. nevermind. cya.

•••
Stop calculating. All these numbers could not be more wrong.

•••
Stop calculating. All these numbers could not be more wrong.

While there's certainly room for improvement in the calculation, I don't think his conclusion is too far off base. I've said for awhile now my internal math leads me to estimate a 2-3% sell through rate, which is a little more conservative than his estimate. I can guarantee the sell rate we'd previously used as a baseline (5%) is no longer a reality.

•••
Without even getting into the legitimacy of the assumptions, it would be wrong to divide # of domains sold over the past 2 years by number of domains listed today.

•••
Average domain value of 2903 is too big. You probably didn't sorted by date, you select first 30 domains wich are sorted by staff pick.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back