Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Everyone,

Today BrandBucket gave this message via it's private, BB sellers network:

We have disabled the field in the sellers back-end that allowed sellers to exchange names between one another. If you’d like to exchange names, all you have to do is email Seller Support at [email protected] with a screenshot of the conversation so we can verify the transaction. Seller Support will take care of the exchange! Please let us know if you have any questions. And as a reminder, selling published names on another public marketplace or forum is a violation of our seller rules.

In the near future BrandBucket plans to send an email to all BB sellers to remind everyone that selling BB published names outside of BrandBucket (including on NamePros) is a violation of their seller terms of use.

NOTE: This restriction applies only to BB published names. This restriction does NOT apply to domains that have been reviewed/accepted by BB but have not yet published.

Please contact BB [email protected] or contact me via direct message if you have questions or concerns.

Best,

Keith

Last edited:
•••
>> If you’d like to exchange names, all you have to do is email Seller Support at [email protected] with a screenshot of the conversation so we can verify the transaction.

@Keith DeBoer -

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the post.

With the new transfer protocol - sending an email to Support I understand, but curious - why the need for a "screenshot of the conversation"?

What prompted the need for a screenshot? Were there actually idiots who submitted change requests with Support that didn't actually own or purchase the domain? (crazy)

Would a simple email from the prior owner suffice as confirmation to make the transfer? Versus an image / screenshot of the entire conversation.

The reason I ask is many chats include personal conversations, of which might not be appropriate to share with BB staff as it's not business related.

No issue with the new protocol, just curious about why the need for a screenshot?

Though I have to admit that the prior member-to-member utility was quite efficient and will be missed.

Thanks.

ps: Also, thank you for providing the clarification that the NamePros listing restriction only applies to BB published names and not to reviewed/approved names that have not yet been published. Perfect clarity. Thank you..

Last edited:
•••
Hey BrandCougar,
Good questions. Yes in come cases a screen shot might be awkward. I think anything that verifies that the transfer is being requested with the consent of the current owner would suffice. I haven't asked but I feel certain that an email from the current owner would be a viable option.

•••
@Keith DeBoer -

Thanks for the prompt response and guidance.

As mentioned previous, I am a BIG fan of the Growth Program model. Very efficient and cost effective.

I also happen to like the simplicity and efficiency of the prior member-to-member transfer protocol as it too was simple, efficient, and immediate. (guess I mentioned "efficient" a few times in this post)

Not opposed to the new transfer protocol as it seems simple enough - if all we have to do is send an email to [email protected] requesting the transfer copying in the prior owner asking them to provide confirmation (authorization). Seems reasonable enough.

Thanks again for being active on NamePros and providing clarity to the new protocol.

-Cougar

Last edited:
•••
Because BrandBucket decided to do away with "Account Not In Good Standing", I decided to submit 25 names.
From those 25 names, only 8 names were approved.
Two weeks later, I got an email that one of those names SOLD. :sneaky:
The name was a 5letter.com. The name started with DEX.
If you don't know, DEX stands for Decentralized Exchange.

Purchased on NamePros for $10.
Sold on BrandBucket for $2,395
My proceeds from sale $1,575

•••
Everybody loves the 'tale of a sale'!!
Thanks for posting yours!! (y)

•••
>> In the near future BrandBucket plans to send an email to all BB sellers
>> to remind everyone that selling BB published names outside of
>> BrandBucket (including on NamePros) is a violation of their seller terms of use.
>> NOTE: This restriction applies only to BB published names. This restriction
>> does NOT apply to domains that have been reviewed/accepted by BB but have not yet published. -Keith

To add to Keith's earlier post on the above topic.

I had a conversation with a trusted friend (Connie) who has been in communication with Roxanne (BB Support).

The feedback received that Connie shared offline...

1) The "exclusivity clause" that BB requires takes effect at the moment a name is Published on the site, not earlier in the process when a name is initially Accepted. This is the reasoning to why BB published names being listed & sold on NamePros is a TOS violation and the Accepted (not yet published) names are not a TOS violation with BB. In effect, we are paying the $1 for the valuation estimate (pre-approval) to then take a 2nd action - make an informed decision - to decide whether to enter into an exclusive publishing (live listing) arrangement. This 2 tier model makes perfect sense. It is a 2 action process, the 1st action is not a violation, the 2nd action is a violation. Simple & clear cut.

2) Additionally, BB has developed an escalation path (process) for the TOS abuse, starting with Warning Emails and then escalating to names being removed and account closures.

I appreciated the clarification and reasoning behind where the line is drawn (between Accepted vs Published) but also appreciate that there is a structured escalation path and with that leads to consistency in its application.

Consistent for all, is far to all.

Thought I'd share the above insight that Connie shared with me.

-Cougar

Last edited:
•••
Hey BrandCougar,
Good questions. Yes in come cases a screen shot might be awkward. I think anything that verifies that the transfer is being requested with the consent of the current owner would suffice. I haven't asked but I feel certain that an email from the current owner would be a viable option.

FWIW I've just had my first problem with this new protocol.

Just posted a question on the feedback Slack channel asking Margot to clarify things. But no, apparently an email from the current owner is not enough proof of agreement. In fact, I -as the current owner- sent an email asking for several names to be moved to the new owner's account -who was also in cc in this email-, and that even wasn't proof enough. I'm being asked to send screenshots of our private negotiation and conversation.

Which, obviously, I'm never ever going to do.

It's not me asking for some random names to be added to my account. I'm trying to move some of MY names to another user's account. What kind of security issue can be there? Or what could be wrong with that?

That's plain invasion of privacy. It's so obvious to me that I simply can't understand what BB is trying to do with this. I'm on the verge of terminating my account at BB. This is simply unacceptable.

Last edited:
•••
>> and that even wasn't proof enough. I'm being asked to send screenshots of our private negotiation and conversation.

@RozasMD - Thanks for the post. That's a bit concerning.

@Keith DeBoer - Since Margot is not active on NamePros, would you mind having a personal conversation with Margot directly and inquiry the reasoning why an email confirmation is not sufficient and screenshots are now being required?

Thank you - as not all active BB members are active on the Slack channel.

-Cougar

Last edited:
•••
all you have to do is email Seller Support at [email protected] with a screenshot of the conversation so we can verify the transaction.
what if I personally met OR say spoke on phone to a fellow domainer and decided to exchange domains? Writing an email from the owner-account makes sense but the "screenshot" really does not.

Also isnt it a sort of encroachment attempt on privacy ?

•••
In my prior post I said:

I haven't asked but I feel certain that an email from the current owner would be a viable option.

Maybe my feeling was wrong. I'm not a intermediary for the BB customer service especially when it comes to specific situations - Each seller should deal with their specific situation directly with the help desk and BB staff by email.

Hopefully there will be some clear written guidelines from BB soon regarding requirements for transferring domains between sellers.

Last edited:
•••
@Keith DeBoer -

Hi Keith,

I agree - your response intro was clear - and overly accepted on my behalf.

In the absence of BB management participating on this NamePros thread, you have been a terrific resource. Thank you.

Though (and I don't mean this in a negative context) having the "BrandBucket Ambassador" title does imply that you have a direct connection with BB management and would have direct access to Margot to provide membership clarity on such topics.

Again, I don't point that in a negative context, rather the opposite, I point that out as a positive complement. Please accept it as such.

I apologize if I somehow implied you should fetch answers for us. That was not my intent. I do, however, regard you as an informed individual worth consulting on the platform. And I value your perspective.

IMO - part of the issue here is BB management/staff announcing a new protocol without providing context or clear operating procedure details to the entire membership. [with Keith generously compensating for management's blindside]

-Cougar

Last edited:
•••
As bb published names can't be sold in reseller, what's the alternative

•••
Should kickstart a good six months of discussion on NP. There is actually something new to talk about and speculate about.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @BrandCougar
Thanks for your comments. I appreciate your patience and your supportive demeanor :)
Sorry, to you and others, if I sounded defensive. Didn't mean to do that.
I agree with you that the rollout of this policy change has been a bit bumpy and there is a need
for some clarity. The folks at the help desk are the ones doing the transfers. So they have the best understanding of the policies regarding this new procedure. There fore it's best that sellers take their questions directly to them until a written policy has been issued :)

•••
@Brandultra, BB sellers can trade or sell domains between each other via email, direct message or on the BB seller's network channel (see your BB dashboard).

•••
@Brandultra, BB sellers can trade or sell domains between each other via email, direct message or on the BB seller's network channel (see your BB dashboard).
Can a BB published be pushed contacting customer care

•••
Hi @BrandCougar
Thanks for your comments. I appreciate your patience and your supportive demeanor :)
Sorry, to you and others, if I sounded defensive. Didn't mean to do that.
I agree with you that the rollout of this policy change has been a bit bumpy and there is a need
for some clarity. The folks at the help desk are the ones doing the transfers. So they have the best understanding of the policies regarding this new procedure. There fore it's best that sellers take their questions directly to them until a written policy has been issued :)

Well, in my case they simply stuck to the procedure.

When I asked if it wasn't enough with both users being in the email sent by the current owner their response was along the lines of 'due to the new policies we need the screenshots'. That's all. No further reason or explanation.

Let's wait and see.

Last edited:
•••
2 names accepted 10 days ago and still waiting to publish, any one tell me avg time of publish?

•••
Well, in my case they simply stuck to the procedure.

When I asked if it wasn't enough with both users being in the email sent by the current owner their response was along the lines of 'due to the new policies we need the screenshots'. That's all. No further reason or explanation.

Let's wait and see.

This is stupid, isn't it? I don't think they have any right to ask for a screenshot of a private conversation or deal. If I close a deal in private, I might obviously want to keep the deal well ... private.

•••
upload_2018-10-1_22-19-19.png

I get this message, but I dont' get any email to join the Slack channel.
Is there someone here who successfully joined via the dashboard?

•••
Hi @polymorph, Invitations are not automated. They are handled each individually. If you haven't heard after a day or two send an email to the help desk and inquire.

Agree with everyone that BB doesn't need to see the details of your deal with another domainer - and they don't want to. The current process is awkward as it requires one to take an edited image of the mail with MS snipping tool or some other method in order to maintain privacy.

It's a new system and I think they are still working out the kinks in it. Your patience is really appreciated while that happens (y)

Last edited:
•••
•••
2 names accepted 10 days ago and still waiting to publish, any one tell me avg time of publish?

BB seems to be doing reviews every few days - about twice a week.
Once a domain is accepted and then published by the domain owner in their BB dashboard it often takes one or two weeks before it goes live on the web site.

You should see your name on the site in a few days.

•••
Hello everyone,

I am the Manager of Marketplace Operations at BrandBucket. When moving names between accounts, our intention was to avoid errors. When a person receiving domains asks for names to be moved, it is obvious that we need permission from the current owner; however, we also feel that for full security, when we are asked by a seller to push names, we need to hear from the receiving party as well. An email confirmation from both parties is fine. We apologize for the confusion by requesting a screenshot, as the screenshot was the secondary option if one of the two parties did not respond via email in a timely manner.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back