IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Noticed the same unsolicited change on a domain that used to be in my portfolio.

Maybe it had to do with the logo format and how it is displayed on the new landing pages, ie: transparent background.

upload_2018-1-18_21-27-57.png

•••
I would love to have this one redesigned:
large_vetela.png

What do you think of the symbol? :xf.laugh:

•••
I would love to have this one redesigned:
large_vetela.png

What do you think of the symbol? :xf.laugh:
Looks like a dogs head and looks like a smiling turtle head and looks like a chocolate ice fell on the floor and melted :xf.grin:

•••
Before: (published in/or around 2013?) __________________......After: (published ? after July 12th, 2017)
Show attachment 78317 _________________________Show attachment 78318
I'll hazard a guess that they changed their style guidelines for logos, and that one of the new rules was that you cannot have multiple colours in any letter. They may have decided that older logos not meeting some new guidelines got updated.

Their logos follow a fairly standard approach, and nearly always include an icon. Words or letters often have alternate colours within logo, but letters themselves not. Plain white backgrounds so that they can overlaid on the office stationary promo pictures also a prominent feature of the logos.

Logos definitely help with the cognitive function of selecting a name, and I think we're going to see a lot more marketplaces looking at adding some sort of logos. In this respect, you could say that adding logos to domains names for sale was something that BrandBucket pioneered, or at least brought to mass market.

[Edit] Just saw the Moblius logo above, and this again supports my theory on multiple colours used within letters or words. I wonder what other types of logo were updated - anyone have a logo on a non-white background updated?

Last edited:
•••
Would either of yall mind posting the domain (or logo) that was redesigned?
The name is Soluty.
Old Logo.JPG
TO
New Logo.png

The new logo looks more visually appealing though. The redesign happened less than 3 months ago.

To me, it looks like BB is trying to add standalone icons to logos without one, as seen in the Moblios and Claya logo redesign too. However, I still have names without icons in their logo.

I'll hazard a guess that they changed their style guidelines for logos, and that one of the new rules was that you cannot have multiple colours in any letter. They may have decided that older logos not meeting some new guidelines got updated.
All the redesigns seen so far support @Brandworthy theory that "you cannot have multiple colours in any letter (or word)." However, I still have names with two colours in their words.

Seems only BB can explain what happened.

Last edited:
•••

Stellar new logo!

One question I have, is what price were these logo's set at?

Wondering (as there would be more of an incentive) for a logo designer to want to redo a logo with a better reward. Given how (I think) some logo designers opted for the logo reward ($100-$500) rather than the $5 up front, there could be some logistical issues re-designing logo's, if a new designer re-designs an old logo. Hopefully, BB will eat the cost, and award both designers the respected logo reward (if the original designer didn't re-design version 2)

One thing that used to frustrate me was the inconsistency of $200+ logo quality vs $100 quality. It didn't always seem to make a difference spending $200+ in terms of quality as sometimes a more expensive logo would look worse than $100 logo's.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Stellar new logo!

One question I have, is what price were these logo's set at?

I think Moblios logo was set at $100 too.

•••
However, I still have names with two colours in their words.
Just curious - are those names single-word, or do they have multiple words, with different colour for each word? The latter is encouraged under their styles, and makes sense as it helps the brain differentiate multiple words.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Grilled did you compare to old logos to see if there was any theme here? Did the old logos include multiple colours in words/letters?

I do have to hand it to BB - many of their logos are very good these days.

•••
@Grilled did you compare to old logos to see if there was any theme here? Did the old logos include multiple colours in words/letters?

I probably should have been more clear with my last post of logo's. Those were simply domains pulled from the last email of new domains added to BB. I assume they were all newly published domains, and have never had a logo from BB before.
I do have to hand it to BB - many of their logos are very good these days.

Agreed.

•••
Just curious - are those names single-word, or do they have multiple words, with different colour for each word? The latter is encouraged under their styles, and makes sense as it helps the brain differentiate multiple words.
They are single word names:
Juriz
Wemzo

•••
•••
I thought I had misread it, but this one just got published:

http://www.cocaine.io/

According to BB, this name can be used for "An offbeat marketing agency. A drug culture blog. A recovery program."

Sorry, but I don't agree with this one being allowed. I am interested in hearing what other people think.

Last edited:
•••

According to BB, this name can be used for "An offbeat marketing agency. A drug culture blog. A recovery program."

Sorry, but I don't agree with this one being allowed. I am interested in hearing what other people think.
It's really annoying that they accepted this name. I don't see any point of brandable in this domain.

•••
It's really annoying that they accepted this name. I don't see any point of brandable in this domain.

I certainly wouldn't hire a marketing agency called Cocaine to handle my advertising... Not sure which company would want this name.

I don't even think it is suitable for a recovery program. Even the .io extension is not a good fit for that.

•••
Quite interesting that they are accepting .io names however.

•••
I don't understand why they accepted this name. They immediately reject everything that is remotely similar to profane or swear words, including these words' slang version.

•••
Quite interesting that they are accepting .io names however.

I think they have been doing that for quite a while. But they used to accept only .ly.

Not sure if they sell any .ly these days. I had two there that I withdrew after a year or so.

•••

When I was submitting names to BB I had anything with slightly negative connotations rejected, even if the names would have fit particular industries that use those kinds of names (i.e. fashion, creative industries, extreme sports, etc.).

Surprised that cocaine.io got accepted as it's an addictive and illegal drug that kills thousands each year, and have a number of other adverse effects besides overdose. It's certainly more negative than any domain I've gotten rejected. Might have been suitable for a treatment program if it was the .org, but .io is a tech extension, and it seems unlikely that a tech company would try to capitalize on the reputation of a deadly and addictive drug. Especially nowadays when online entities are subject to political correctness and social justice movements, and when big tech companies in general are under fire for their negative impacts on society. Interesting that they suggest that it is suited for anything related to narcotics culture on either side of the divide - not something I would have endorsed if I were them (I assume the two sides of this narcotic drug is education, treatment and prevention on the one hand, and black market sales and usage on the other).

•••
When I was submitting names to BB I had anything with slightly negative connotations rejected, even if the names would have fit particular industries that use those kinds of names (i.e. fashion, creative industries, extreme sports, etc.).

Surprised that cocaine.io got accepted as it's an addictive and illegal drug that kills thousands each year, and have a number of other adverse effects besides overdose. It's certainly more negative than any domain I've gotten rejected. Might have been suitable for a treatment program if it was the .org, but .io is a tech extension, and it seems unlikely that a tech company would try to capitalize on the reputation of a deadly and addictive drug. Especially nowadays when online entities are subject to political correctness and social justice movements, and when big tech companies in general are under fire for their negative impacts on society. Interesting that they suggest that it is suited for anything related to narcotics culture on either side of the divide - not something I would have endorsed if I were them (I assume the two sides of this narcotic drug is education, treatment and prevention on the one hand, and black market sales and usage on the other).

I couldn't agree more. A bit shocking with the "suited for anything related to narcotics culture on either side of the divide".

•••
From the January 2018 newsletter:

And, So Long (But Not Goodbye)
Our last bit of news is that as of January 31st, Michael Krell will be resigning from his position as Managing Director to allow him time to pursue opportunities outside of the domain space. While taking a step back from active domaining, Michael plans to keep his portfolio at BrandBucket as he believes that it gives his names the best opportunity to sell. We have been lucky to have him as part of the BrandBucket team these past few years, and he will be missed!

•••
•••
Back