NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We are hoping this gets resolved early next week.

[email protected] is the best way to contact us for any issues. Julia does a great job at organizing the help requests, and will bring it to my attention if needed.
It looks like the 401 issue has been fixed!

Thanks very much Michael :)

•••
All requests have received responses. I'll update results as they come.

So far 1.5 / 3 issues have been resolved with satisfaction. Thank you for fixing the 401 error.

Ticket #1: - Staff Picks: by Default hides all domains under $2395 (non staff picks) when clicking view more recently added domains. Report of the issue was reported back as created on 2/19/15

Site Glitch:

1) The arrow > under feature names redirects to www.brandbucket.com/staff-pick-business-names

2) The arrow > under premium names redirects to www.brandbucket.com/premium-business-names

3) The arrow > under recently added names redirects to www. brandbucket.com/names

In which the domains are sorted by default to staff picks, instead of recently added domains.

Show attachment 24067

Is this intentional?

If it is, I think it's a little misleading. Every other arrow goes to where it says it'll go. Link 3 by default promotes domains from link 1 and 2.

Shouldn't the arrow > under recently added domains by default redirect to:

Show attachment 24068

Thank you @michaeljkrell in advance for looking into this.

Ticket #2 - 401 Error: Fixed

Ticket #3: Malware NewLetter: Not Fixed / Issue Closed

Lesson Learned: Reporting the issue quickly and privately first accomplishes nothing. Report any future issues publicly before they become outdated and swept under the rug.

It's nice to see this week's NewsLetter wasn't flagged for Malware like the one from the week of January 18th.

I'm upset a retraction email was never sent. I feel anybody who paid listing fee's during this period should have their fee's partially refunded. We did not ask for you to include our domains with malicious domains.

41578_001aa671dbc41441fd59ce9a9916912b.png

Notice the first domain?

It redirects to BrandBucket, but there is no logo attached any more.

If you copy the C******P**.com and email from one email account to another email account, the email will go to your spam and reported as flagged. The flagging of malicious domains disables images from loading, so no enduser was able to open the malware affiliated newsletter.

Last edited:
•••
Is it not a conflict of interest for a seller on NamePros & Brandbucket to boast how their domain is listed at brandbucket for $1000+ that they're at the same time selling on here to the highest bidder or at a fixed price for cheap?

It seems to be against the seller rules to list your domains on other marketplaces, right? Is NamePros somehow not a marketplace and somehow an exception to their rules?

BrandBucket Seller Terms
Exclusivity:
When you become a seller, you are electing to make your domain names available exclusively on our Marketplace, and will remove any listings for your domain names elsewhere.
https://www.brandbucket.com/seller-terms

Many of us can't stand when domainers talk about how their domain was appraised for $xxxx on Estibot.com,
yet why is it okay to boast about the appraisal BrandBucket assigns to certain domains? The number of domainers on NamePros selling BB approved/published domains and putting in their titles "BrandBucket approved!", "Brandbucket Published!" to gain more interest in their domains is becoming ridiculous but it seems to be working for many auctions to get a few more dollars thrown their way.

Examples:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/br...ala-com-valvero-com-10-start-for-each.923394/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/bb-accepted-yomaxo-com-current-bid-25.921481/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/brandbucket-accepted-vonuto-com-up-to-2275-listing.923242/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/brandbucket-accepted-raboro-com-brandable-domain.923065/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/bb-published-1-start-proxolo-com.923389/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/brandbucket-approved-unosy-com-and-more.921390/
+ many more

How do others feel about this? Also how does BrandBucket feel about the domains listed in their marketplace changing hands on Namepros for cheap? Are they okay with it despite what their seller terms says?

If I was a buyer looking for a domain and stumbled upon one I like at BrandBucket for $2000, did a simple google search and discovered it sold for $50 in a NamePros auction a few weeks earlier. I would avoid buying it.

Last edited:
•••
If I was a buyer looking for a domain and stumbled upon one I like at BrandBucket for $2000, did a simple google search and discovered it sold for $50 on NamePros a few weeks earlier. I would avoid buying it.

This is a gray area. It's obvious this is happening. It's also helping their marketplace attract more submissions. More submissions not only means more listing fee's for marketing, but also more domains to offer their clientele.

Being that you're an VIP NamePro member, I imagine you aren't a buyer at the $2,000 mark. You probably have the skills to spend $100 or less to find a worthy brandable domain.

NonDomainers value their time enough to pay the premium price. Or, the buyer is set on that domain, and financially they opt to do so.

With that said, I think NamePros members need to be aware of the following courtesy's:

1) ScreenShot your the domains in your for sale thread. DO NOT type them. They can be cached by google.
2) Bidders - Don't post the full domain
3) Sellers - Delete your entire listing after the domain sells

•••
Is it not a conflict of interest for a seller on NamePros & Brandbucket to boast how their domain is listed at brandbucket for $1000+ that they're at the same time selling on here to the highest bidder or at a fixed price for cheap?

It seems to be against the seller rules to list your domains on other marketplaces, right? Is NamePros somehow not a marketplace and somehow an exception to their rules?

BrandBucket Seller Terms
Exclusivity:
When you become a seller, you are electing to make your domain names available exclusively on our Marketplace, and will remove any listings for your domain names elsewhere.
https://www.brandbucket.com/seller-terms

Many of us can't stand when domainers talk about how their domain was appraised for $xxxx on Estibot.com,
yet why is it okay to boast about the appraisal BrandBucket assigns to certain domains? The number of domainers on NamePros selling BB approved/published domains and putting in their titles "BrandBucket approved!", "Brandbucket Published!" to gain more interest in their domains is becoming ridiculous but it seems to be working for many auctions to get a few more dollars thrown their way.

Examples:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/br...ala-com-valvero-com-10-start-for-each.923394/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/bb-accepted-yomaxo-com-current-bid-25.921481/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/brandbucket-accepted-vonuto-com-up-to-2275-listing.923242/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/brandbucket-accepted-raboro-com-brandable-domain.923065/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/bb-published-1-start-proxolo-com.923389/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/brandbucket-approved-unosy-com-and-more.921390/
+ many more

How do others feel about this? Also how does BrandBucket feel about the domains listed in their marketplace changing hands on Namepros for cheap? Are they okay with it despite what their seller terms says?

If I was a buyer looking for a domain and stumbled upon one I like at BrandBucket for $2000, did a simple google search and discovered it sold for $50 in a NamePros auction a few weeks earlier. I would avoid buying it.
I had direct contact by a guy (my email address in the whois) who insisted that I remove my domain from BB and sell it to him for $100... and he felt he was doing me a favour because they were selling below that figure here on NP!

Long story short: I sold him a BB reject for $100 instead.

But yes, I agree with you. That contact alone proves these sales are hurting the brand, but I do understand the need for a BB domainer marketplace. Perhaps BB could set up some underground BB domainers marketplace or request a private forum here that isn't indexed in google?

•••
But yes, I agree with you. That contact alone proves these sales are hurting the brand, but I do understand the need for a BB domainer marketplace. Perhaps BB could set up some underground BB domainers marketplace or request a private forum here that isn't indexed in google?

Genius!

•••
Thank you for bringing this up @daj. NP is kind of gray area since it is isn't a marketplace like Flippa for example. This is something that we have discussed internally at length and share your same concerns. Something similar to what @JimJammy mentioned will be initiated soon. In the meantime, I 100% agree with @Grilled Jesus regarding how to list them on NP

•••
@michaeljkrell

Were your recent BB sales published? Would love to see them!

•••
I see more domains now on BB that were rejected when I submitted them and seemingly have been approved later when submitted by their new owner after I sold them here on NP.

I think BB sellers getting domains rejected should resubmit again and again and again to prevent that situation and see others profit from it.

I've been away from BB for a bit so I just rechecked all my old rejects. I'd say about 5% of my rejected were now accepted, some with a starting price north of $2.5k. Either their criteria has loosened, or there was an element of human error to the original rejections.

•••
Thank you for bringing this up @daj. NP is kind of gray area since it is isn't a marketplace like Flippa for example. This is something that we have discussed internally at length and share your same concerns. Something similar to what @JimJammy mentioned will be initiated soon. In the meantime, I 100% agree with @Grilled Jesus regarding how to list them on NP

I agree that NP should not try to over-police this, as liquidity helps the name owners (they'd have to wait for 10-50 years for their portfolio to sell by 80% or so) and some point they have to be able to liquidate their ownership to someone who wants to take a long term view. If this would have been tightened, many would be more reluctant to add better names.

So, yes, a subsection for BB/BR/N sellers only would be desirable (not accessible by search engines and general public).

•••
•••
•••
Congrats Jeffrey :) Way to go Bro!

•••
Thanks @margotb , @michaeljkrell and the whole BB team! (including the sellers and logo designers!)

Its an honor to receive this Brand Bucket Ambassador invitation. I love the domain industry and especially the brandables! I remember when I submitted my first batch of 10 names and only 1 was accepted and still I was soooo happy! Slowly I got my submission rate to over 90%, it took over a year, but I slowly I learned what worked for me and for BB.

At the same time I slowly gained knowledge about 4L's and submitted over 300 pronounceable 4L's and have about 120 live now. I share this story to hopefully give inspiration and maybe motivation new or upcoming BB sellers! Please check my signature to see my BB portfolios!

If anyone has questions about BB or brandables in general, Please don't hesitate to contact me via email or PM!

[email protected]

Thanks again everyone!
Jeffrey

•••
•••
Site Glitch:

1) The arrow > under feature names redirects to www.brandbucket.com/staff-pick-business-names

2) The arrow > under premium names redirects to www.brandbucket.com/premium-business-names

3) The arrow > under recently added names redirects to www. brandbucket.com/names

In which the domains are sorted by default to staff picks, instead of recently added domains.

41131_72d3a4cdaf390c5cca7170a23f9b776b.PNG

Is this intentional?

If it is, I think it's a little misleading. Every other arrow goes to where it says it'll go. Link 3 by default promotes domains from link 1 and 2.

Shouldn't the arrow > under recently added domains by default redirect to:

41132_0fdeb4b44dd4560908ff8b14eda20f12.PNG

I'm happy to report this glitch has been fixed.

The arrow under Recently Added Domains now redirects to a page sorted by date and is no longer filtered by default to staff picks.

Thank you Julia

•••
Grilled Jesus is a true asset for BB by providing lots of free beta testing/issue reporting etc.

Keep it up!

•••

1) ScreenShot your the domains in your for sale thread. DO NOT type them. They can be cached by google.
2) Bidders - Don't post the full domain
3) Sellers - Delete your entire listing after the domain sells

Perhaps BB could set up some underground BB domainers marketplace or request a private forum here that isn't indexed in google?

NP is kind of gray area since it is isn't a marketplace like Flippa for example. Something similar to what @JimJammy mentioned will be initiated soon.
Some thoughts on this...

Flippa's TOS and BrandBucket's TOS conflict. Simply put, if a domain sells on BrandBucket while it's in a Flippa auction, you are obligated to (1) Sell your domain with BrandBucket and (2) Sell your domain with Flippa. Hence, conflict. The same issue could arise in a NP auction in which case I imagine the seller will side with BB.

My biggest fear is an enduser buying my BrandBucket domain via NamePos at reseller BIN. NP domains with noncompetitive BINs tend to stay live for months and are most vulnerable to being sniped by an enduser. Not to mention, the longer the thread is live, the greater the chance for it getting cached as NP requires domains to be in the titles of sales threads. I have not done this yet, but perhaps we need to S/L/A/S/H out the BB URL in the thread title.

I prefer to buy and sell BB domains at competitive prices via PM to established sellers. This is an industry of slumps and streaks; we are all buyers and sellers at different times. I'm excited to see what BB comes up with. I would very much prefer a regulated internal sales forum.

In the mean time I encourage everyone to take screenshots when selling their domains. I highly recommend using www.bulkseotools.com/bulk-whois-lookup.php to screenshot as it includes the reg / expiration date and registrar.

•••
Check out the new seller newsletter! It contains lots of good info! Cheers!

BrandBucket Seller's Newsletter - February 2016

It was great meeting so many BB sellers at NamesCon in January, and finally putting faces to those of you whom I chat with on the forums, email or Skype. NamesCon shows domaining is rapidly growing, but is still small enough where you can sit down and talk with the biggest players in our industry. You also can't help but get excited about what domaining has to hold in 2016 and the years to come!

Award Winning New Website
After months of design and development work, we are thrilled to have our new website up and running. We have given all the major elements a face lift, while keeping a similar layout for our previous visitors. In addition to overhauling the homepage we have made our search UI more intuitive, and increased our site speed with dozens of database optimizations. These improvements are just the first steps in improving our site conversion rates in 2016.

Our new design has been nominated by the highly prestigious web design awards site, Awwwards. Head over to Awwwards to vote for BrandBucket and show us some love.

January Sales
We more than doubled our sales from last January on our way toward one of our best months of sales! Keyword and Invented names continue to be evenly split with the average sales price for a keyword brandable being $3325 and the average sales price of an invented brandable being $4944.

Out of 82 sales in January, 47 unique sellers sold a name and 8 of those were first time sales.

89sUxMgHp19SK45epaRIN2Lu2_gdCf7Aey14CR8NAxiJRvr0V3Ehtg-i-35gWfpwAJxgyjdFxDnVb2gXn9W948cnr8GWdgVL3B8tH_Lskcq4k-0cFr0=s0-d-e1-ft

lvGU7-UwL77coBuqrq8xUYxDgv7J-Ov4nfNfMgHYCxA2S1QzAkdhR0TW7XLZtsMsB3ANiUl60I5XR9506NadvolKBsYd48s8ORNjM2SVhoJVYZSvxX2C=s0-d-e1-ft

Top Searches
The top search terms have stayed relatively the same from month-to-month.

prVsTGfZje_gAHlX4VgHcoiBHjQ-ug6O1GSlZEdAE-CmpXgCy4qILBPWojP7y92pm3NRUTC_zFxmcNEOvaY6hPKuP1IgNyg-747RweeA6EUD3OH-wQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Selling Names at Full Price
One of the things we like to brag about at BrandBucket is our ability to sell names at their full listed price. After running our 2015 numbers, we are proud to say that average discount rate for all sold names is under 2%! If you take out the names that have been in our marketplace for over 2 years, our discount percentage drops to almost nothing. These numbers represent both the strength and trustworthiness of our marketplace.

Strong Sales Over $10K
January saw several 4Ls and one/two word names selling above $10K. Our marketing push at the end of last year along with the new website design are seeing real returns, and now is a great time to get those valuable names on BrandBucket. Please reach out to me personally if you have any questions about the process or pricing.

Here's to a fruitful 2016!

Michael Krell
Managing Director

•••
82 names, annualized 984 out of about 26000 names, that is almost 4%. That is impressive, if BB can keept it up.

•••
Ticket #3: Malware NewLetter: Not Fixed / Issue Closed

41578_001aa671dbc41441fd59ce9a9916912b.png
As I mentioned in a PM to you, our open and click-through rates on the January 18th email were very similar to all of our other weekly emails.
82 names, annualized 984 out of about 26000 names, that is almost 4%. That is impressive, if BB can keept it up.

It's been over a month since the flagged newsletter was published. Nothing has been done to correct this.

I requested the sales data to which was denied due to policy. Well here are the stats:

Of the 338 Domains included in the flagged newsletter, only 1 has sold. 1 of 338 = .0029%. Far less than the reported 4%. 3.5% slightly less than the reported 4%.

edit: I will analyze sales and newsletters to provide a more accurate deviation.

I requested the email stats noted as the reason no action was taken. Without these stats, it's just a lot of blown smoke.

Why am I still upset about this?

I've only sold 2 domains with BrandBucket. Both domains sold within 2 weeks of the 12/4 newsletter. There were only 221 domains on that newsletter and I alone sold 2. I believe in the power of the newsletter.

Last edited:
•••
Of the 338 Domains included in the flagged newsletter, only 1 has sold. 1 of 338 = .0029%. Far less than the reported 4%.

Gotta multiply that number by 12 if it's been ~1 month which brings it up to 3.5% annualized.

•••
It's been over a month since the flagged newsletter was published. Nothing has been done to correct this.

I requested the sales data to which was denied due to policy. Well here are the stats:

Of the 338 Domains included in the flagged newsletter, only 1 has sold. 1 of 338 = .0029%. Far less than the reported 4%.

I requested the email stats noted as the reason no action was taken. Without these stats, it's just a lot of blown smoke.

Why am I still upset about this?

I've only sold 2 domains with BrandBucket. Both domains sold within 2 weeks of the 12/4 newsletter. There were only 221 domains on that newsletter and I alone sold 2. I believe in the power of the newsletter.

1 out of 338 is 0.3%, let's say 12 in a year. That does make almost 4% (around 3.6%), doesn't it?

•••
Also it wouldn't be 0.0029% but 0.29%

•••
1 out of 338 is 0.3%, let's say 12 in a year. That does make almost 4% (around 3.6%), doesn't it?

Also it wouldn't be 0.0029% but 0.29%

I stand corrected. I still believe there is a correlation between newletters and sales. I will analyze the sales from previous newsletters to provide a more accurate deviation.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back