Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will soon cleanse my BB portfolio so that I only list great premiums.

By cleanse, do you mean you will:

1) Let them expire loss of $10 listing fee...
2) Sell on NP
3) Sell on another marketplace

Last edited:
•••
I will resell them to other BB sellers.

•••
@Grilled

Do you think if someone looked at one's portfolio at BB and had to select the top 25 percentile (assuming there are no obvious winners like important 1 worder or fantastic 2 worders like bankloan, carwash etc.) his/her selection would considerably outperform remaining 75 percentile?

The fact is, beyond the strong correlation with who the seller is, and demand for certain patterns, for absolute majority of BB names there is no way to predict which ones will sell in a specific year.

•••
Do you think if someone looked at one's portfolio at BB and had to select the top 25 percentile (assuming there are no obvious winners like important 1 worder or fantastic 2 worders like bankloan, carwash etc.) his/her selection would considerably outperform remaining 75 percentile?

If I compile a list of currently published BrandBucket domains vs BrandBucket domains that sold, I doubt you'd be able tell them apart without knowing the sales data before hand. Simply put, the definition of a good brandable vs a bad brandable is subjective to a multitude of factors.
Though, I will add @Dnbolt and I are soon to embark on some extensive sales analysis to see if we can uncover any hidden sales correlations :D

The fact is, beyond the strong correlation with who the seller is, and demand for certain patterns, for absolute majority of BB names there is no way to predict which ones will sell in a specific year.

Agreed!

•••
300,000 VIEWS!!!
upload_2016-6-5_22-42-5.png

Congratulations: NamePros, BrandBucket, and all NP members who have contributed to the ever popular BrandBucket Experience thread!!!
I have learned quite a bit from this thread, and quite a LOT the entire NamePros community.

I know it's not 1,000,000 sellers and/or domains but 300,000 NamePros views is still an impressive feet ;)
If I were an owner of such a marketplace, I'd treasure sellers like GJ, outspoken, honest, caring about community. I'd make sure all his concerns are addressed and feedback is listened too. Instead, he has been treated very unfairly.

I have NOW said enough. I will be spending a lot less time worrying about bb, and focussing my time and efforts on work that will have a greater lasting impact to myself, and the community as a whole. Thank you all for putting up with me / teaching me a lot over the last 300,000 views. B-)

Last edited:
•••
Every domain i have ever submitted was shot down. I'll pass.

•••
Really don't care about .ly names at all, don't see them as comparable to keyword+ly.com names, wouldn't do a hand-reg even on a "valuable" .ly. Reasons:

1. Libya (unsafe, unrelated to 99.9% of global economy)
2. expensive renewals.
3. unreliable (tied to point 1, but also shown in practice)
4. Even the biggest known .ly user who started the craze, no_url_shorteners, prefers to forward .ly to no_url_shorteners

Another thing that BB does that makes zero sense, but has a perception of something valuable. Has anyone wondered why BB is behind .ly, .me, but would ignore .is, .al, .rs, .to etc. that makes at least as nice hacks?

Oh, I know the answer. Linguisticist experts...
Totally agree with you ... .LY is an unsafe extension.
Curiously the most expensive domain name listed on BB is Music.ly at $249,000 USD
Just curious who will be fool enough to pay $249K for that garbage :?:

•••
So you are not impressed that BB charges us $10 for listing.

Compared to the potential revenue you can earn per domain, $10 is sooooo insignificant imo.

Besides, why the need to list hundreds of domains on BB. It is not a numbers game. The focus should be about the quality of domains.

Sellers should focus on listing 10 great domains that have a reasonable chance of being sold than 1000 crappy domains that have a tiny chance of selling.
Quality domains don´t need BB to sell. They sell by themself, with a simple landing page.
I see you are very impressed with BB; give yourself some time and you´ll change your opinion.
Best of luck. ;)

•••
Quality domains don´t need BB to sell. They sell by themself, with a simple landing page.
I see you are very impressed with BB; give yourself some time and you´ll change your opinion.
Best of luck. ;)
Why wouldn't I be impressed with the market leaders?

•••
•••
Why wouldn't I be impressed with the market leaders?

Define Market Leaders please. :?:

I was under the impression that domainers empower large networks such as AfterNic and Sedo ie the industry leaders in brandable domain sales by volume... :$:

Last edited:
•••
I submitted only once two names at BrandBucket. Both 4L Domains.
One was a domain with repeating letter patterns, and the other was a domain composed of the word GO + XP for experience. Brandbucket accepted the domain pattern and rejected the domain I though could be easily branded. Seem they are about the value of the domain, and not about the brand you can create with the domain.

•••
Define Market Leaders please. :?:

I was under the impression that domainers empower large networks such as AfterNic and Sedo ie the industry leaders in brandable domain sales by volume... :$:

Absolutely they both sell far more domains per month than BrandBucket does.

•••
Absolutely they both sell far more domains per month than BrandBucket does.
Anyone can sell $20 domains. But I doubt any of those sites can sell a hand reg for $4000.

BB are the market leaders for a reason.

•••
Anyone can sell $20 domains. But I doubt any of those sites can sell a hand reg for $4000.

No offense, but as of yet, bb hasn't sold any of your hand regged domains for $4,000+. With any luck, you will soon prove me wrong. ;)

How many bb domains do you have suggested at $4,000 or above? I wasn't fortunate enough to have a hand regged domain suggested $4,000+

Better Question? How many hand regged domains has bb suggested $4,000+ TOTAL...

BB are the market leaders for a reason.

More Relevant Question: Did you catch the recent TLDInvestors.com article? HERE

Last edited:
•••
Anyone can sell $20 domains ? Not sure what that means as no domain on Sedo sells for $20.

Hand regs sell for $4,000 on Sedo and not sure why we used $4,000 as the number when BrandBucket average sales price are in the $2,100 to $2,400 range. From the last newsletter:

April proved to be another strong month of sales. The average sales price for a keyword brandable was $2475 and the average sales price of an invented brandable was $2221.

The majority of Michael Krell's sales he paid a lot more than reg fee.

Sedo just sold

Ubble.com for $6,999 and this looks like a buy it now sale. The domain was registered in 2014, so that is a nice turnaround for that kind of sale.

Grabbr.com sold for $9,000 and required an 11 year hold as the domain was registered in 2005. I don’t think BrandBucket would give this a $9,000 price tag, I think they would have accepted it in the $2,000 range.

Recent hand reg InformationOfThings.com $4,500 hand regged 6 months before.

Hell, Sedo just sold a hyphenated .net that was handregged in April for $2,900. D-One.net.

•••
Better Better Question: Did you catch the recent TLDInvestors.com article? HERE
"A look at some BrandBucket type sales on Sedo this week"

I rest my case. The headline further proves my point that
BB is the leading authority on brandables. In other words, Sedo being compared to BB.

I have never seen a headline "A look at some Sedo type sales on BB this week"

•••
Sedo has over 18 million names in its inventory, of all sorts, so I don't think much can be deduced from a comparison to BB.

•••
Who cares about 30% commission - when you can make 20,000% profit per name on BB.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Do you not care about your margins? 0 bb sales = good luck + prove me wrong... B-)
If I wanted to feel good and make 20% profit I would be trading LLLL type domains on Namejet.

However I have chosen to invest in multibaggers so I could make 20,000%.

What's wrong with following the smart money?

•••
If I wanted to feel good and make 20% profit I would be trading LLLL type domains on Namejet.

You're new to NamePros, and bb. Do you even have a NameJet account? I assume you're saying hypothetically, you COULD sell LLLL type domains IF NameJet accepted you as a domain seller...

Nothing at all. Have you followed the trends of said smart money? Would you like to buy random 4L CHIPS for $1,700 each? This would have a BARGAIN a few months ago. Improvise, adapt, overcome!

•••
The fact that BB even offers .LY names shows they couldn't care less about their customers (the startups). They might just trust that BB knows what they are doing and buy a .LY only to have to try and acquire a similar dot com down the line when their brand is suffering from their poor choice.

Of course, if they intentionally bought a .ly because they offer something specific to that area then fine. But most startups regret buying a name like these when they start growing and need better visibility through search.

•••
I'm done with liquid domains. Trading in LLLL is no different to trading in penny stocks. (I am a pro share trader).

Now only trade in brandables - they are like blue chip stocks. You hold long term to earn maximum return.

•••
I'm done with liquid domains. Trading in LLLL is no different to trading in penny stocks. (I am a pro share trader).

@Domainzy Would you agree? Didn't you do a @DomainSherpa on 4L brandables a few months ago...

Now only trade in brandables - they are like blue chip stocks. You hold long term to earn maximum return.

By brandables, do you mean bb invested domains? or all brandable domains?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back