IT.COM

question Brandable Marketplaces

NameSilo
Watch

m1zz

Established Member
Impact
Can someone more experienced break it down to me...

So there's Brandbucket, SquadHelp, Brandpa and probably other Brandable domain marketplaces?

Do they all require exclusivity?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This 3 are market leaders when it comes to brandable domains. Apart from this you can also try brandnic and alter.

If you want to list in SH Premium then it should be exclusive to SH and same with brandbucket and brandnic...

Last edited:
•••
Cool thing about SH is that they let you list your domains over at Afternic and Sedo as well.

•••
So from what I understood, SH doesn't require exclusivity?

When I say exclusive, I mean, do they expect that I list the domain ONLY on their platform?

•••
Let me break it down for you, if platform requires an exclusivity, as of today.
BrandBucket - yes
BrandPa - no
Alter - no
SquadHelp:
a) Premium - yes
b) Standard - no

•••
So from what I understood, SH doesn't require exclusivity?

When I say exclusive, I mean, do they expect that I list the domain ONLY on their platform?

YOU can only list the domain on Squadhelp once it has been accepted. BUT they will list it on Sedo for free and on Afternic for a couple of coins (a few dollars), should you want that.

•••
BrandBucket - yes
BrandPa - no
Alter - no
SquadHelp:
a) Premium - yes
b) Standard - no
That's about right. As I stated above, premium listings on SH are only partly exclusive because you can get your domains listed on Sedo and Afternic, as long as you do it through SH directly.

Last edited:
•••
Take my domain HireTrucks for example, it is listed on SH and on Sedo at the same time for the same asking price. There is also a 'Sell in Afternic'-button on your premium listings page. Hope this clarifies it.

PS: They list it at 200 dollars more to cover the Sedo commission I guess.

Webaufnahme_29-8-2021_102942_sedo.com.jpeg
Webaufnahme_29-8-2021_102710_www.squadhelp.com.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
That's about right. As I stated above, premium listings on SH are only partly exclusive because you can get your domains listed on Sedo and Afternic, as long as you do it through SH directly.

Agree. For Premium they put some conditions to be able to list names in Afternic and Sedo, I don't remember now, but I guess they want you to have many names with them under ''Standard'' or some like that. I have 2 under Premium and they said I can't list them with other Afternic (I don't sell anything else with SquadHelp).
So, to be correct: by default their Premium requires exclusivity, but under some circumstances you can sell it with other platforms too.

•••
Agree. For Premium they put some conditions to be able to list names in Afternic and Sedo, I don't remember now, but I guess they want you to have many names with them under ''Standard'' or some like that. I have 2 under Premium and they said I can't list them with other Afternic (I don't sell anything else with SquadHelp).
So, to be correct: by default their Premium requires exclusivity, but under some circumstances you can sell it with other platforms too.
It's kinda strange that they don't let you list with Afternic. I could list them there for two coins per domain (that's like 2 dollars I think) but somehow it never made quite sense to me why I should pay them to list my domain at Afternic whilst I decided to list it with them for a higher chance of sale. They should make Sedo and Afternic listings available to everyone and Afternic listings free IMO.

•••
BrandBucket - yes
BrandPa - no
Alter - no
SquadHelp:
a) Premium - yes
b) Standard - no
Exactly what I needed to hear, thank you.

And thank you everyone else. I also agree, I dont know why it should cost extra to have SH post your domain for you on Afternic, when its free to do it manually.

•••
BrandBucket - yes
BrandPa - no
Alter - no
SquadHelp:
a) Premium - yes
b) Standard - no

Let's update this exclusivity list a/o today

BrandBucket - yes (but allows Afternic listings and lists at Sedo on your behalf)
Brandnic - yes
BrandPa - no
Alter - out of business
SquadHelp:
a) Premium - yes (but allows Afternic listings and lists at Sedo on your behalf if you submit using a $1 coin)
b) Standard - no

•••
Back