Dynadot

What kind names are approved by SH & BB. Mention other brandable marketplaces other than these 2

NameSilo
Watch

ABCV

Established Member
Impact
I started domaining a few years ago. After a few months I stopped buying any name
Now, I want to start domaining again. I want to invest jn brandable domains, but I don’t understand what kind names are approved by brandable domain marketplaces like squadhelp and brandbucket. I want advice about it.

Also, please, mention other brandable domain marketplaces like SH or BB.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Screenshot_20221031-213050_Firefox.jpg

•••
Up

Last edited:
•••
There isn’t some shortcut you have to submit names and find out. The most obvious way to get an idea what they accept is to search the names on their sites.

•••
Squadhelp has a ton of tools to help with this. Domain Insights and Marketplace insights tools. You can analyze a domain before you even submit to get a general idea. Look at what sells and find patterns.

•••
•••
Squadhelp has a ton of tools to help with this. Domain Insights and Marketplace insights tools. You can analyze a domain before you even submit to get a general idea. Look at what sells and find patterns.

This is actually great advice... Kinda shocked OP didn't like or respond to this post, and simply posted "up".

The most obvious way to get an idea what they accept is to search the names on their sites.

💯

•••
there is a marketplace called brandpa.com i think it competes with SH and BB. hope it helps

•••
This is actually great advice... Kinda shocked OP didn't like or respond to this post, and simply posted "up".

💯
I replied after a long time, so I didn’t replied it, but I liked the advice. I know sh has many articles about it. I just wanted a few advices on how to understand the pattern. I am newbie, I recently learnt about liking any post. I had seen seen the comment a long time ago, so probably forgot to like it

Last edited:
•••
I am newbie, I recently learnt about liking any post

No worries. I didn't realize forum ettique when I first joined either. Took a member or two to teach me that folks are spending their time responding, it might not always be what I want to hear, but engagement of any kind shows some type of effort acknowledgement.

Your initial question is a little confusing, as you say you want to learn about what's getting accepted brandable marketplaces. The answer you're looking for is likely more than just looking at newly published marketplace domains, as to the naked eye, it can be hard to determine which was a hand registration, and what was a premium investment.

Understanding you stopped registering names, and that you are a noob, your best bet would be to understand the differences in brandable domains (made up brandable domain such as Google, or two word brandable domains such as namePros) then start asking yourself what type of business could example domain be. If the intent is to have the name listed on BB/SH, unless you are super confident in the name, it might be best to see if BB/SH are accepting similar keywords. Each marketplace has their preferences, which includes being prone to accept/reject certain keywords or patterns.

Then, once you feel like you're starting to gain an understanding, and are finding similar marketplace type domains listed, you can hedge your strategy by submitting domains unregistered to BB/SH, and only register what gets accepted. This way, if BB rejects 50 of your submittions before accepting 1, it would only cost you $50 in submission fees +reg fee, opposed to 50 x regfee + $50 submission fees, only to end up with 1 bb domain and 49 rejects, especially if your attempt is to register less domains, yet still enter the brandable marketplace excitement. With experience, you can eventually drive that 1/50 rate down to 1/5 or better.

Another way to build a portfolio of marketplace listed domains is to buy marketplace listed domains from other domainers. This may be a little more expensive, but it will limit the amount you waste on rejects, if you're mainly looking to build a folio of brandable marketplace listed domains.

I spend a lot of time looking for available domains to submit to brandable marketplaces, likely surpassing the 10,000 hour mark, or at least having surpassed the 10,000 domains rejected at BB mark. Still, with all that practice, I utilize the unregistered submission strategy, to maximize my brandable marketplace domains, and limit my ownership of domains I don't have a sales strategy for. Even with 10,000+ rejections, this process has led to thousands of unregistered domains accepted and published on the popular brandable marketplaces such as BB/SH. Of course by not registering the domains before marketplace approval, you risk the best (usually just dropped) domains being registered before a marketplace responds with an approval, but that's the price you pay not to get stuck holding the rejected domain bag, if your intent is more marketplace domains, less rejects.

Two tips I can leave you with, is:

(1) This forum has a wealth of knowledge. It's hidden, and burried everywhere. The brandbucket experience thread was very popular a few years back, and has over 300 pages of hidden gems dispursed throughout the evolution of BB becoming what it is today. There's also a personal favorite thread of mine that was started by the legendary @Dnbolt called brandable daily sales analysis. That thread is not as long as the brandbucket experience thread, but it's packed with moderate to advanced brandable domainer strategies, that if understood, could really open the flood gates to better understanding brandable domains, and/or the hunt that goes into uncovering them.

(2) If your goal is simply to practice learning what brandable marketplaces are accepting, I reccomend you start with submitting unregistered domains to squadhelp via their point based system. The point based system uses 10 squadhelp points per domain submission, and if accepted, SH will register and list the domain, and will pay you a percetage of the sale if squadhelp ever sells the domain. SH points are relatively easy to be acquiredfrom various sh tasks, but not hard to acquire. We have 50,000 sh points, as we use pay for SH coins so we (not SH) can register what gets accepted, but I assume our acceptance rate (submission quality) is more tailored to what SH likes than what yours is based on your inexperience. SH screenshot below in case you're not familiar as to how to submit domains for essentially free to SH, for practice, or otherwise a hedged investment where you get paid without having to put up any capital such as registration fees or coin purchases.

1669295597645.png

Additionally, you can always post availabe to register brandable domain names on namePros for practice purposes, and follow what other domainers like enough to register. It's not the SH/BB metric, but it checks the basic checkbox of example domain being worth at least reg fee to another domainer. Overtime, you can track your picks, to see if any end up on the brandable marketplaces, or later developed. Or if you registered a domain, and want feedback, you can try namePros appraisal section, maybe with a buzzworthy title such as, is my exampleDomain likely to get accepted at exampleMarketplace.

Lastly, If need be, If you or anyone reading this is ever looking for an opinion on a potential domain, feel free to DM me (or find you a trusted domainer friend, there's many domainers on this forum with a better domain eye than I) if it's unregistered, and I (or your trusted domainer friend) will give you some feedback without stealing your find. Sometimes it helps to get an unbiased or experienced second opinion. Nobody can predict with certainty if an available to register or recently hand regged domain will get accepted, but there is a general level of logic behind what has a good chance of acceptance, and what doesn't.

Last edited:
•••
thank you so much @Chris Hydrick i didnt know that you can submit domains to SH that you dont own. that is a great way to practice whats brandable...yes you mention that in your reply.. thank you i would like to put a like or thanks to your reply but the system doesn't let me. yet.. so thank you for the great explanation

•••
i didnt know that you can submit domains to SH that you dont own. that is a great way to practice whats brandable...

Just to clearify, my above post wasn't referring to domains that you don't own, but for domains that nobody owns, and is available to hand register.

Last edited:
•••
Just to clearify, my above post wasn't referring to domains that you don't own, but for domains that nobody owns, and is available to hand register.
yes i am sorry i understood what you said, i just replied wrong.
i understand it can be used for expired domains, that nobody owns.

sorry english is not my native language

•••
You don't have to care about aceptance on brandable marketplaces

You have to care about getting good domains ( brandables or not brandables )

•••
@Chris Hydrick
It’s a good strategy to submit unregistered names. I had submitted a few unregistered names to sh. They took too much time give verdict.
I have seen a few people buying sh-owned domains at np. Is it allowed to do so?
If I buy a sh-approved domain at np, can I make the payment via dan?

•••
I have seen a few people buying sh-owned domains at np. Is it allowed to do so?

I don't think it helps a brandable marketplace if thier domains are cached in google with wholesale pricing. SH has a decent internal wholesale marketplace outside of the view of the public that I believe is the preferred medium. There's also domainer slack channels, telegrams, etc where deals are done in private, so not to be cached by search engines where potential endusers could see their potential $X,XXX sh purchase being sold on a public forum for $XX.

Last edited:
•••
If you are starting new, i think it would be better to buy already approved SH and BB names from here.

1) Here is a math = .com domain cost about $8. Assuming 1 in 10 of your names get accepted with recent low acceptance rates, you spend about $80.

2) You can get quality names from resellers for that price and don't have to waste the waiting time too

Regards

•••
If you are starting new, i think it would be better to buy already approved SH and BB names from here.

1) Here is a math = .com domain cost about $8. Assuming 1 in 10 of your names get accepted with recent low acceptance rates, you spend about $80.

2) You can get quality names from resellers for that price and don't have to waste the waiting time too

Regards
Even I was thinking the same. Thanks for your advice.

•••
Even I was thinking the same. Thanks for your advice.
And buy names which are either (1) short 5-6 letters OR (2) With rich keywords and a brand story

•••
And buy names which are either (1) short 5-6 letters OR (2) With rich keywords and a brand story
Thanks for the advice. How much should I pay for a domain name?

•••
Thanks for the advice. How much should I pay for a domain name?
Really depends on the quality of the name and what sellers offer .. on namepros i see buy requests from $40 to $150

•••
Really depends on the quality of the name and what sellers offer .. on namepros i see buy requests from $40 to $150
What percentage of of sh listing price, should I pay? Hypothetically, If sh has listed a domain at $100, at what price should I buy the domain?

Last edited:
•••
What percentage of of sh listing price, should I pay? Hypothetically, If sh has listed a domain at $100, at what price should I buy the domain?
I really recommend buying quality names. Buy few high quality rather than many low quality ones. I think you can even increase the SH price of a good name if you want . So the % wont matter. Many buyers offer 2-3% of SH pricing but i doubt they get good names.

•••
Back