Dynadot

sales Brandable Daily Sales Analysis

Spaceship
Watch

Dnbolt

Top Member
Impact
Started a series called Brandable Daily Sales Analysis and would like to share some useful discoveries.
Lets now dive in.

First would be Fitalytics (dot) com

Note the following.

Registration Date: 2010-06-02

Month of Sale: 2016-05

Domain Length: 10 Characters

Domain History:
brandbucket-domains.png

As you can see the current nameserver from the image suggests that the domain was recently added to brandbucket marketplace. Also that the domain was first registered back in 2008 although the current registration date is 2010-06-02 We can also see that it’s very likely that the domain has changed hands prior its sale on brandbucket.

Other Extensions : 1 other extensions has been taken

Google Popularity: On Google first page results it has 9 similar mentions excluding where domain is brandbucket. The most interesting part is that the name “Fitalytic” was mentioned on CrunchBase. We can conclude that it’s Google Popularity is strong.

Social Handles: It’sTwitter has been taking since 2012. The Facebook handle has also been taken.

Dictionary Keywords: Fit, and Italy.

Brandbucket Sold Keyword: Aly Example of sold domain that contain such keyword dailydealy.com .

Other Keywords: Taly, Alytic, Aly

Similar End User Domain currently in use: talytics.com This simply suggests some trends from the word Alytic.

Read More

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Forgot to mention I have the guts of 200 accepted names in my admin, and quite a few of my names were accepted by brandbucket in the old days when the acceptance rate was in the teens.

But I'm always interested in learning more from others, so any feedback good or bad will be welcomed.

•••
33 sales in 3 months, so where they were from ? landing pages ? or any other platform ?

•••
33 sales in 3 months, so where they were from ? landing pages ? or any other platform ?
Total sales on bb since I started 2.5 yrs or so ago is 33.

Thankfully I've been very successful selling other names and names rejected by bb for far higher amounts than I could achieve on bb.

I hope this helps clarify.

•••
great , in 30 months u averages 33 sales thats almost 1 domain per month .....may be last 3 months was just normal bad months....

•••
Personally I started to publish one name before a year but at the start of May this year I added four othernames then another three.

So all my names now which is 42 have been published from from mid May to August.

So I cannot say I tested the system very well or even made any promotions on my own. I believe we shouldnt just depwnd.on BB to sell the names but we should find a way to promote our own portfolio.

•••
Forgot to mention I have the guts of 200 accepted names in my admin, and quite a few of my names were accepted by brandbucket in the old days when the acceptance rate was in the teens.

But I'm always interested in learning more from others, so any feedback good or bad will be welcomed.
You have always had good names but the problem is you have a very large amount of 6 letter names that unfortunately don't have a keyword or partial keyword built into the name. When buyers come to search for a short domain that has no keyword to help it pop up within the search function then how in the world would an older name be found when many newer 6 letter names would be listed ahead of yours.

It's no fault of yours but a fault of the BB system. If sellers continue to buy invented names with no form of keyword or partial keyword built into the name then those sellers are just setting themselves up for failure because those names will never be found.

•••
inveqo(.)com Reg Date: 2016-08-10 sold this month for about $2,395. Brandbucket still in the process of securing funds. What's unique about this name or must have been the search algorithm ?

•••
How many sales have you guys had again?

Can you just remind us how much you pay for renewals every year given you have 895 unsold BB names?

Last edited:
•••
inveqo(.)com Reg Date: 2016-08-10 sold this month for about $2,395. Brandbucket still in the process of securing funds. What's unique about this name or must have been the search algorithm ?

My guess would be that it sold because it's keyword based - "Inve" can stand for Invent or Invest

Last edited:
•••
My guess would be that it sold because it's keyword based - "Inve" can stand for Invent or Invest

But there about 100+ bb domains that starts with "inve"

inveqo: first registered in 2009 and dropped in 2011.

Similar past sales:

evoqo.com
opoqo.com
meqo.com
piqo.com
sinqo.com
maqo.com

Now it makes sense

Last edited:
•••

118 results come up for 'inve'
The only other 6L ones are
inveza
invezy
inveis

I haven't check the rest but there is/was a company called Inveqo Company limited. History.....

•••

Similar past sales:

evoqo.com
opoqo.com
meqo.com
piqo.com
sinqo.com
maqo.com

Now it makes sense
i have pretty much secured all the remaining (better)5L names ending in "qo"

Last edited:
•••
•••

Yes, 118 names if you search "inve", but most of them are keyword and if you select invented the search shows 14

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
One possibility would be that a buyer searched for 'invest" and then narrowed it down to "6L" (or less letters), then he chose the best one that contained the partial keyword.

I'd say that may be one strategy for selling on BB if one so desires. Look at the different niches. Look at short names in those niches (short names that contain the keyword or partial keyword). Buy or hand reg a name that's better than the rest. Wait in hope! LOL. That's what I see from this sale, but that's a quick guesstimation

As I mentioned before though, I personally DO NOT think buying with BB alone in mind is a good strategy.

Last edited:
•••
I will be looking at over 200K startup url's gathered to see if it's worth investing or not than being brandbucket focused.
I might be BB focussed because I invest with BB, but aren't you BB obssessed?

•••
I might be BB focussed because I invest with BB, but aren't you BB obssessed?

Not with BB specifically but with data. Always have an exit plan.

Last edited:
•••
One possibility would be that a buyer searched for 'invest" and then narrowed it down to "6L" (or less letters), then he chose the best one that contained the partial keyword.

I'd say that may be one strategy for selling on BB if one so desires. Look at the different niches. Look at short names in those niches (short names that contain the keyword or partial keyword). Buy or hand reg a name that's better than the rest. Wait in hope! LOL. That's what I see from this sale, but that's a quick guesstimation

As I mentioned before though, buying with BB alone in mind is not a good strategy.
That makes sense but the search doesn't work like that. You would have to search for the word invest and then narrow it down to either Invented or Keyword. It won't narrow down by length after you input a keyword.

I think he inputed "Invest" and then narrowed down to Invented Names and only had a few choices or it was direct navigation of the name.

•••

Similar past sales:

evoqo.com
opoqo.com
meqo.com
piqo.com
sinqo.com
maqo.com

Now it makes sense

This is in fact some type of trends even brandroot sold some which includes:
Vanqo.com
Teqqo.com

•••
That makes sense but the search doesn't work like that. You would have to search for the word invest and then narrow it down to either Invented or Keyword. It won't narrow down by length after you input a keyword.

I think he inputed "Invest" and then narrowed down to Invented Names and only had a few choices or it was direct navigation of the name.

After searching for 'invest', I was able to narrow it down to '6L' using the 'Refine' button. Is it just me?

•••
Can you just remind us how much you pay for renewals every year given you have 895 unsold BB names?

Can you just remind us how many BB sales you've had?

•••
After searching for 'invest', I was able to narrow it down to '6L' using the 'Refine' button. Is it just me?
Sorry about that Candace. At first I thought it was giving back random names but I just checked it again and you're right, you can narrow it down by length.

•••
This is in fact some type of trends even brandroot sold some which includes:
Vanqo.com
Teqqo.com
I'm not sure it's a trend or someone just liking the way the name looks and sound. It can be very random at times why names sell.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back