Domain Empire

sales Brandable Daily Sales Analysis

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dnbolt

Top Member
Impact
Started a series called Brandable Daily Sales Analysis and would like to share some useful discoveries.
Lets now dive in.

First would be Fitalytics (dot) com

Note the following.

Registration Date: 2010-06-02

Month of Sale: 2016-05

Domain Length: 10 Characters

Domain History:
brandbucket-domains.png

As you can see the current nameserver from the image suggests that the domain was recently added to brandbucket marketplace. Also that the domain was first registered back in 2008 although the current registration date is 2010-06-02 We can also see that it’s very likely that the domain has changed hands prior its sale on brandbucket.

Other Extensions : 1 other extensions has been taken

Google Popularity: On Google first page results it has 9 similar mentions excluding where domain is brandbucket. The most interesting part is that the name “Fitalytic” was mentioned on CrunchBase. We can conclude that it’s Google Popularity is strong.

Social Handles: It’sTwitter has been taking since 2012. The Facebook handle has also been taken.

Dictionary Keywords: Fit, and Italy.

Brandbucket Sold Keyword: Aly Example of sold domain that contain such keyword dailydealy.com .

Other Keywords: Taly, Alytic, Aly

Similar End User Domain currently in use: talytics.com This simply suggests some trends from the word Alytic.

Read More

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What is the deal? My nly two sales on BB were hand regs of less than four months with combined expense of less than $5.

That's great for ya! I'm just asking the question. Are most of the sales hand regs? Are most of the sales aged domains? Are they a mix of both? I'm not trying to prove a point, I'm just researching and hoping that myself and others might benefit.

•••
So you invested $5 to make $5000?

Is that 1,000,000% profit?

Yes, the reg dates for the domains are: 2016-03-25, 2016-03-11... He is truly skilled.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, this is true some of the reg dates are: 2016-03-25, 2016-03-11... He is truly skilled.
Obviously he is skilled. 2 sales from a portfolio of 20 domains is a better performance than MK.

•••
To be honesty, I could have had better results had I regged four other sales of which two were in June and two where in July which when I remember I slap myself lol

•••
To be honesty, I could have had better results had I regged four other sales of which two were in June and two where in July which when I remember I slap myself lol
Stop it. You are making it sound so easy.

•••
Stop it. You are making it sound so easy.

Not easy but chances do happen. I showed you one name that got accepted. I chose that and let another that is similar go and it is featured on bb page now after it was regged by a well known domainer here :)

•••
I'll just leave you with this list of brandable sales from last year:

http://dngeek.com/2015/12/top-100-brandable-domain-name-sales-for-2015/

Many more DomainNameSales.com sales are being reported in the next few weeks and you will see many brandables going for much higher prices than the average BrandBucket sales again.

As for Fondly.com - that's a premium brandable plus a dictionary word - $25k isn't a crazy price for that name. I would have priced it in that range if I was selling it.
Doron

Have you seen this article?
http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2016/20160721.htm

•••
•••
Yes, i was referring to that article in my post. DomainNameSales.com = Uniregistry Market
btw...thanks for providing so much value to us via your blog.

•••
Do you read crunchbase or receive emails from them?

They discuss new startups etc. Some companies have some strange names. BB loves this site and I am sure they look at these names for ideas for new names.

•••
Do you read crunchbase or receive emails from them?

They discuss new startups etc. Some companies have some strange names. BB loves this site and I am sure they look at these names for ideas for new names.

Yes, I use their API

•••
You missed my point. BB is the only market place that consistently achieves the highest return on investment. To achieve an extraordinary ROI you dont need to sell a domain more than $5000. BB consistently sells hand regged domains for around $3000. I doubt very much if any of the top sales in 2015 you reported were hand regged domains.
BB are certainly a good channel for selling hand registered domains at respectable end-user prices (circa ~$2K rather than the $3K you mention), but these sales are anything but consistent. Many names they list will never sell, and many names they sell are not hand registered. There is also substantial debate over whether or not BB leaves money on the table. They have a lot of high-end names listed now, but I think there's a gap in the 4-10K range due to an inherent bias in how they price.

I'm also surprised at how bullish you are given that you haven't sold any names on BB yet. I've sold 34 names on BB, and I'm certainly not as positive as you seem to be. I like BB a lot as a company. They are well run, and in my experience straight shooters. But I dislike the prevailing trends I see:

1. Increased demand for good brandables at wholesale level pushing up reseller prices (I'm not talking about reselling BB accepted names, but instead competition to buy brandables at drop/deleting auctions);
2. Compression of retail asking prices set by BB for entry level names;
3. Lower sales rates leading to decreased returns at seller level;

Overall I think these 3 trends are eroding the "extraordinary ROI" you refer to. Being blunt, I think you missed the boat for the incredible returns that have now become Brandbucket lore. Can you still make good money? Sure. But not the same sort of returns many dream of.

FWIW if I was starting now I'd focus only on hand-reg invented names. I'd probably hone this further by trying to build as good a 5L/6L portfolio as I possibly could.

•••
FWIW if I was starting now I'd focus only on hand-reg invented names. I'd probably hone this further by trying to build as good a 5L/6L portfolio as I possibly could.

Good post. I am focussing on 5 letter made up words ONLY. I have a few 6 letter words too. I have dumped my keyword names (nearly there).

The future in brandables is 5 letter words imo.

Thanks for validating my strategy.

•••
The future in brandables is 5 letter words imo.
That's actually not my opinion. But I think 5L names are still available at reasonable prices, and present less competition at drop/deleting auction, so represent a viable strategy to new BrandBucket participants. I still think keywords will outshine invented names well into the future FWIW.

And just to show that BB can get it wrong with their acceptances, and doesn't always offer the best ROI for brandable names: last week I had 2 sales, one a BB accepted name, the other a BB reject I sold via a Uniregistry lander. Both names were $5 closeouts on Godaddy, the former picked up in March this year and the latter in October 2015. The BB name sold for ~$2K, so will net me $1,295. The rejected BB name sold for $3,000 with the only cost to me the $40 international remittance fee Escrow.com charges. Both domains were 2-word names.

•••
That's actually not my opinion. But I think 5L names are still available at reasonable prices, and present less competition at drop/deleting auction, so represent a viable strategy to new BrandBucket participants. I still think keywords will outshine invented names well into the future FWIW.

And just to show that BB can get it wrong with their acceptances, and doesn't always offer the best ROI for brandable names: last week I had 2 sales, one a BB accepted name, the other a BB reject I sold via a Uniregistry lander. Both names were $5 closeouts on Godaddy, the former picked up in March this year and the latter in October 2015. The BB name sold for ~$2K, so will net me $1,295. The rejected BB name sold for $3,000 with the only cost to me the $40 international remittance fee Escrow.com charges. Both domains were 2-word names.

A five letter name has more branding potential than a two word domain. Always has and always will. I am talking from a brandability perspective.

The fact that you have 900 BB names does not make you more than an expert than me.

Last edited:
•••
The fact that you have 900 BB names does not make you more than an expert than me.
I simply gave an initial opinion, which you took to be validation of your strategy, and I then clarified my earlier comment by saying I don't think 5L names are necessarily better than keyword names. Again just my own opinion, but if for some reason you think I'm trying to compete with you in any way I'm sorry. I'm quite definitely not interested in competing with anyone other than myself.

•••
@Brandworthy and everyone else. How do you personally classify keyword+suffix domains (like shareably). To you, is this a keyword brandable or an invented brandable? Are these selling more, less, the same as straight keyword or straight made up? I see so many of these on Crunch base and Tech Crunch.

•••
@Brandworthy and everyone else. How do you personally classify keyword+suffix domains (like shareably). To you, is this a keyword brandable or an invented brandable? Are these selling more, less, the same as straight keyword or straight made up? I see so many of these on Crunch base and Tech Crunch.

BrandBucket categorizes them as keyword names Candace. Some other places call them keyword modified. You will see below they have invented and Keyword and then they break keyword into three niches.

key_vs_in.gif

keyword1.gif

•••
@equity78, did you get these pie charts in a BB end-of-year report for 2015?

•••
•••
I read somewhere that it is frustrating to only see krell's success so I created a quick table to show top 15 contributors of BB June 2016 Sales..
june bb sales 2016.png

•••
I read somewhere that it is frustrating to only see krell's success so I created a quick table to show top 15 contributors of BB June 2016 Sales..Show attachment 35042

So you're saying he sold the same number of names as the next 7 combined? Am I correct?

•••
So you're saying he sold the same number of names as the next 7 combined? Am I correct?

Yes, but the following 7 have a combined ~3500 domains listed compared to Krell his 5500 listings. Based on that you could say "normal" sellers outperformed Krell.

•••
The only surprise on that list is Boxador's performance with almost 2400 names. (if the numbers and reports are correct)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back